SEC Week at the Light

Huh. Good to know that you aren't completely dead inside.

I have no idea what/if you are doing away from the message board - and, frankly, I don't care (although, it is quite clear that whatever you are doing has no demonstrable effect - so... try harder?).

I, pretty clearly, stated that you are more than entitled to your opinion, and nowhere did I say that you were wrong for constantly ringing those death knells - I was merely pointing out that your "woe is me" shtick is laughably puerile.

LOL - multiple user names. I knew I should've went with that as the basis for your retort instead of "first post." I guess you'll just have to believe me when I say that this is my one and only account here - you know, how I'm just supposed to believe that Blake James has a red phone on his desk marked "canes insight blowhard"

So you don't disagree with anything I wrote and have absolutely nothing to contribute............

Thank goodness you finally decided to post. Don't know how this board was able to survive.

Advertisement
...you were derided for being an insufferable, ****ant know-it-all that gains his mirth from taking a limp-****ed **** into everybody else's cheerios. Those just aren't character traits that most human beings find accommodating.....

Hmmmm.....why does it seem like this describes someone who has made two posts with the sole purpose of instigating a fight with another poster.

Biggest difference IMO is that much lesser known "smaller" schools are now in conferences that get them attention and it's more attractive to go to FAU or FGCU on a full ride than it is to take a 1/4 at Miami.

FYI - Everyone has 11.7 scholarships for 28 players. No one is getting a full ride.

Biggest difference IMO is that much lesser known "smaller" schools are now in conferences that get them attention and it's more attractive to go to FAU or FGCU on a full ride than it is to take a 1/4 at Miami.
Look I love Miami and have had season tickets for baseball and football for longer than most on here have been alive, but when my son was given his college options we passed on Miami for the very reason mentioned above and he now goes to a state school for a fraction of the tuition. He's not an athlete BTW.

Well you are looking at college from a logical perspective, not that of an athlete hoping for a pro career. Honestly if your son had a chance to go pro in football which state school would you want him to attend? If he played baseball and had a chance to go pro which school? Currently for me (or my son) it would be UM for football and the gator for baseball. Hate to say it but UM would be forth at best at this point for baseball in state, that is how bad the program has eroded. Set the clock back 20 years, or put a staff in place that can resurrect the program, and it could be UM again.

My son was recruited, and due to a very bad injury he had to leave sports prior to college ball. Private (or more expensive) schools 11.7 value is higher, although the cost is higher. I also believe there is the possibility to stack scholarships, but could be wrong. In one case he was offered $20K for a $36K college. Not factoring in Bright Futures, and looking at total costs it was basically a wash with state schools. Granted, UM cost more, but again, the 11.7 value is more.

Advertisement
So you don't disagree with anything I wrote and have absolutely nothing to contribute............

Thank goodness you finally decided to post. Don't know how this board was able to survive.

Well, no. Not exactly. I definitely do not agree with everything you wrote and I do feel like I contributed something.

Thank goodness you've posted the same exact thing 5000x. Doubt this board would've survived without you.

Well, no. Not exactly. I definitely do not agree with everything you wrote and I do feel like I contributed something.

Thank goodness you've posted the same exact thing 5000x. Doubt this board would've survived without you.

This is a baseball board and you haven't written the first thing about baseball, so no, you have not contributed anything. All we've seen is how enamored you are with me. I'll sign autographs behind the 3rd base dugout tomorrow if it will make you happy.

For someone who is too mature to simply engage in ****ing matches with other posters, here is a compilation of your baseball comments:

This is a baseball board and you haven't written the first thing about baseball, so no, you have not contributed anything. All we've seen is how enamored you are with me. I'll sign autographs behind the 3rd base dugout tomorrow if it will make you happy.

LOL. Makes sense that you'd be behind the gator dugout. Seeing as how you seem to be just as enamored with me, you can walk up the stairs If you want that autograph. Top row, slightly to the right side of the plate.

Advertisement
For someone who is too mature to simply engage in ****ing matches with other posters, here is a compilation of your baseball comments:

Here you go - I think we found our third baseman tonight. Perez looked good enough with the glove and his swing is compact. Gil seemed a little "arm-y" to me last week. Also - sucks that our best player couldn't make the squad up there. Happy now?

LOL. Makes sense that you'd be behind the gator dugout.

Right, because no Canes fans ever go on the third base side.

Seeing as how you seem to be just as enamored with me...

Oh really? I'm just responding to your posts. You came out of purgatory specifically to address me. It is flattering.

you can walk up the stairs If you want that autograph. Top row, slightly to the right side of the plate.

General admission? LMAO.

Any thoughts on baseball? It must be sickening for you to watch the games knowing that I called this years ago.

You need to practice with the quoting function.

Who gives a sht about "finding a 3rd baseman" when we don't even have an ACC-caliber starting pitcher?

You need to practice with the quoting function.

Who gives a sht about "finding a 3rd baseman" when we don't even have an ACC-caliber starting pitcher?

I thought you were above ****ing matches? You ask for a baseball opinion - I give you a baseball opinion, just one that you don't like, so it's not good enough.

Get over yourself man.

Advertisement
I thought you were above ****ing matches? You ask for a baseball opinion - I give you a baseball opinion, just one that you don't like, so it's not good enough.

Get over yourself man.

I give no credence to your baseball opinions. Just wanted to be entertained by another anonymous guy trying to act like he knows what he is watching.

I give no credence to your baseball opinions. Just wanted to be entertained by another anonymous guy trying to act like he knows what he is watching.

LOL. And you wonder why I used "insufferable know it all" in my original post? ---^

Forgive me for not remembering that anonymous internet guy with all of the answers is also always right. That's my fault.

blake and 2 AD's before him violatedone of the top rules of being a leader; when your gut is telling you someone is not performing to the standard you must take emotion out of it and make a move, we have stuck with Morris to the point that the program is on the verge of not coming back

Advertisement
Good point and really bull**** to be honest. They really should raise the scholarship limits for baseball, or is that a title something or other violation?

It was a reaction to Title IX. It used to be 13 scholarships and a 10% reduction was mandated.

I know it’s early but a bunch of us saw this coming for the last three years and @Jaromir Jagr lead the way.

Yep.
Starting from the old Grassy scout site.
But the bath-water slurping Morris pom-pom brigade led by CaneProponent, Original Canes Fan and that Brian Piccolo's Thong
and others were always at the ready to defend, obfuscate and lie about what we were all witnessing before our eyes: the gradual
descent of what was once the pride of UM athletics.
It's sad and like a beloved pet that is slowly dying, you try not to think or discuss much about it.
Which is why no longer bother following the program as closely as I used to unless I'm in town and can make it to a game.

Advertisement
Back