SEC Week at the Light

I know it’s early but a bunch of us saw this coming for the last three years and @Jaromir Jagr lead the way.
Co-signed. And we got killed for it because of 3's long-term track record/achievements.

I didn't get to watch last night's game, but as soon as I was able to check the score, it was 5-0 and I pretty much knew we weren't going to mount a comeback.

If the current trend continues, the question's not going to be whether or not we're going to Omaha, whether or not we're hosting a Super and/or a Regional, or even what seed we're going to slot into...it's going to be like last season - will we even make the postseason? The answer so far this year is a resounding "no".

It's fine to celebrate 3's career this season, but here's the reality of his legacy - for all of his accolades and achievements, we're in a worse place now than when he took over the program. All we can do now is hope that JD/Gino make some changes so as to avoid perpetuating the current trend. I doubt they will, and that's just honestly sad for this program.

Advertisement
Just a question, is every loss for the remainder of the season going to have the same four posters trotting out the same I told you so's?
We get it, Morris is done, the only question now is how will DiMare do.

UM baseball has been on a permanent downward slide for the past several years. structural issues we can't control. unfortunately, it is what it is.

Just a question, is every loss for the remainder of the season going to have the same four posters trotting out the same I told you so's?

And you're okay with that. You're just fine that it is now obvious to the whole world that Jim Morris did nothing more than build his retirement fund for the last 5+ years at UM's expense.

Yes, great question about DiMare. That sht show you saw last year and last night? That was assembled by our recruiting coordinator and hitting coach, Gino DiMare. So we're pumped to see how he does as the head coach.

Advertisement
Co-signed. And we got killed for it because of 3's long-term track record/achievements.

I didn't get to watch last night's game, but as soon as I was able to check the score, it was 5-0 and I pretty much knew we weren't going to mount a comeback.

If the current trend continues, the question's not going to be whether or not we're going to Omaha, whether or not we're hosting a Super and/or a Regional, or even what seed we're going to slot into...it's going to be like last season - will we even make the postseason? The answer so far this year is a resounding "no".

It's fine to celebrate 3's career this season, but here's the reality of his legacy - for all of his accolades and achievements, we're in a worse place now than when he took over the program. All we can do now is hope that JD/Gino make some changes so as to avoid perpetuating the current trend. I doubt they will, and that's just honestly sad for this program.

Morris should have retired 5+ years ago and we should have gone outside the program for his replacement. Despite what looks like a pretty good freshmen class, UM baseball is in really bad shape.

And you're okay with that. You're just fine that it is now obvious to the whole world that Jim Morris did nothing more than build his retirement fund for the last 5+ years at UM's expense.

Yes, great question about DiMare. That sht show you saw last year and last night? That was assembled by our recruiting coordinator and hitting coach, Gino DiMare. So we're pumped to see how he does as the head coach.

What? Okay with what? The fact that Morris is done? What exactly does bytching about whats already been done accomplish? DiMare is the next guy in line, you don't have to like it, but nothing anyone here say's or does is going to change that.
If the answer is "yes" that's fine, just want to know what to anticipate.

Advertisement
You’re seeing how well Dimare is going to do. He’s done the recruiting for years now.

Structural issues that we can't control? Can't wait to hear this.

Scholarship limitations imposed by the NCAA for Div-1 baseball.

Figured you would know that. 11.7 full schollys means you need a stable of guys who are willing and capable of accepting partials. Do the math on the net out of pocket for a quarter scholly or half scholly at FSU vs. UM.

Figured you would know that. 11.7 full schollys means you need a stable of guys who are willing and capable of accepting partials. Do the math on the net out of pocket for a quarter scholly or half scholly at FSU vs. UM.

This is the way it has been and we have gotten the players we need, local and national, and have won it all in the past.

The current issue as I see it is that we now have a program that has declined, and is now seemingly in a free fall. The AD does not see to care, and has appointed a coach in waiting with no experience as a HC, who is also part of the current issue. As a parent, or player I would have reservations with the current state of the program, and now would factor in the cost much more than if the program was winning.

I find it sad that Morris would hang on and pad his retirement as mentioned above. I find it repulsive that James has not done his job, no matter how uncomfortable it might have been to release Morris and crew. He holds the most responsibility of all for the status of the program.

Last edited:

Oh, please. That's not news around here. It just became a convenient excuse when Morris stopped competing for championships. Scholarships have been at 11.7 for years. Other private schools are still finding ways to compete at a high level.

Before coming at us with the expensive private school argument, make sure you know that we lost a home series to Dartmouth last year. Dartmouth costs $67,000 per year and they have 1/50th of the baseball players we have in our respective geographic areas.

Advertisement
What? Okay with what? The fact that Morris is done? What exactly does bytching about whats already been done accomplish? DiMare is the next guy in line, you don't have to like it, but nothing anyone here say's or does is going to change that.
If the answer is "yes" that's fine, just want to know what to anticipate.

Oh no you don't.

Don't tell me to stop complaining about what's already been done when I was ridiculed for years for predicting this. There were red flags starting around 2010. Year after year I was accused of ruining the board while people like you were stunned that we started losing home regionals. Then, as predicted, the lazy recruiting and candy-*** finesse pitching ended up costing us the post-season streak.

You and your complacent attitude are no different than our AD sitting back and making a lazy hire to replace Morris. Doesn't anyone care that our sports don't compete for titles anymore?

Yes.

Mainly because we saw it coming and spoke up with the truth, while the rest of you complaining about the told you so's pulled an Animal House Kevin Bacon and told us to "remain calm, all is well".

You reap what you sow.

Advertisement
Oh no you don't.

Don't tell me to stop complaining about what's already been done when I was ridiculed for years for predicting this. There were red flags starting around 2010. Year after year I was accused of ruining the board while people like you were stunned that we started losing home regionals. Then, as predicted, the lazy recruiting and candy-*** finesse pitching ended up costing us the post-season streak.

You and your complacent attitude are no different than our AD sitting back and making a lazy hire to replace Morris. Doesn't anyone care that our sports don't compete for titles anymore?

LOL. Really? Oh no you don't? Or else, what?

I will not feint like I am completely aware of the history (cue the "get out of here with that first post..." stuff) but I will say that I have been reading this site for a while, and my guess is that you were not "ridiculed for years for predicting this;" rather, you were derided for being an insufferable, ****ant know-it-all that gains his mirth from taking a limp-****ed **** into everybody else's cheerios. Those just aren't character traits that most human beings find accommodating, unfortunately (for you, I guess).

So, keep on keepin on with your fiery hawt taeks, but (and I think this gets to that other dudes point) maybe try and do something as well. You know, seeing as how you are internet guy with all of the answers (that has had all of the answers for years...). Instead of only acting as that ever-present harbinger of doom (that you have taken so much pride in being) - put your money where your mouth is. Fly banners, get billboards, write letters, go to the games with a megaphone... and so on, so that all may know your wisdom and with said wisdom the masses shall force the powers that be into significant change. Unless you think all of that is pointless - which brings us squarely back to that other guys original point.

Last edited:
LOL. Really? Oh no you don't? Or else, what?

I will not feint like I am completely aware of the history (cue the "get out of here with that first post..." stuff) but I will say that I have been reading this site for a while, and my guess is that you were not "ridiculed for years for predicting this;" rather, you were derided for being an insufferable, ****ant know-it-all that gains his mirth from taking a limp-****ed **** into everybody else's cheerios. Those just aren't character traits that most human beings find accommodating, unfortunately (for you, I guess).

So, keep on keepin on with your fiery hawt taeks, but (and I think this gets to that other dudes point) maybe try and do something as well. You know, seeing as how you are internet guy with all of the answers (that has had all of the answers for years...). Instead of only acting as that ever-present harbinger of doom (that you have taken so much pride in being) - put your money where your mouth is. Fly banners, get billboards, write letters, go to the games with a megaphone... and so on, so that all may know your wisdom and with said wisdom the masses shall force the powers that be into significant change. Unless you think all of that is pointless - which brings us squarely back to that other guys original point.

Good speech. Gave me goose bumps.

How do you know what I am doing away from this message board? Maybe I'm doing nothing. Maybe I've contacted Blake James and he emailed me back. Either way, it has nothing to do with this message board. I will voice my opinion about the state of the program whenever I want.

FYI, I am no longer a "harbinger of doom" considering that the unthinkable already happened on Selection Day in 2017. I'm now just reminding you and your multiple user names that yes, that stuff I saw happening 5+ years ago actually did turn out to hurt the program. Things weren't "fine", as we were told so many times.

Good speech. Gave me goose bumps.

How do you know what I am doing away from this message board? Maybe I'm doing nothing. Maybe I've contacted Blake James and he emailed me back. Either way, it has nothing to do with this message board. I will voice my opinion about the state of the program whenever I want.

FYI, I am no longer a "harbinger of doom" considering that the unthinkable already happened on Selection Day in 2017. I'm now just reminding you and your multiple user names that yes, that stuff I saw happening 5+ years ago actually did turn out to hurt the program. Things weren't "fine", as we were told so many times.

Huh. Good to know that you aren't completely dead inside.

I have no idea what/if you are doing away from the message board - and, frankly, I don't care (although, it is quite clear that whatever you are doing has no demonstrable effect - so... try harder?).

I, pretty clearly, stated that you are more than entitled to your opinion, and nowhere did I say that you were wrong for constantly ringing those death knells - I was merely pointing out that your "woe is me" shtick is laughably puerile.

LOL - multiple user names. I knew I should've went with that as the basis for your retort instead of "first post." I guess you'll just have to believe me when I say that this is my one and only account here - you know, how I'm just supposed to believe that Blake James has a red phone on his desk marked "canes insight blowhard"

This is the way it has been and we have gotten the players we need, local and national, and have won it all in the past.

The current issue as I see it is that we now have a program that has declined, and is now seemingly in a free fall. The AD does not see to care, and has appointed a coach in waiting with no experience as a HC, who is also part of the current issue. As a parent, or player I would have reservations with the current state of the program, and now would factor in the cost much more than if the program was winning.

I find it sad that Morris would hang on and pad his retirement as mentioned above. I find it repulsive that James has not done his job, no matter how uncomfortable it might have been to release Morris and crew. He holds the most responsibility of all for the status of the program.

Biggest difference IMO is that much lesser known "smaller" schools are now in conferences that get them attention and it's more attractive to go to FAU or FGCU on a full ride than it is to take a 1/4 at Miami.
Look I love Miami and have had season tickets for baseball and football for longer than most on here have been alive, but when my son was given his college options we passed on Miami for the very reason mentioned above and he now goes to a state school for a fraction of the tuition. He's not an athlete BTW.

Advertisement
Back