SEC Week at the Light

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Wed 6pm- Missouri (ACC Network Extra on WatchESPN, 790 the Ticket, WVUM)

Won 2 of 3 against FIU- Friday won 3-1, Sat won 22-1, Sun lost 11-5

Fri 7pm, Sat 7pm, Sun Noon- Florida (ACC Network Extra on WatchESPN, WVUM, Sun-790 the Ticket)

Swept Siena by a combined score of 36-5. Florida hosts FAU tonight and Bethune-Cookman tomorrow.

Hopefully Mediavilla is as sharp tomorrow as he looked on Friday, because it's the most winnable game of the week. Realistically 2-2 would qualify as a great week.

Advertisement
Realistically 2-2 would qualify as a great week.
Agreed. UF seems like a super-tough series, 1 of 3 would still be disappointing, but realistic. That Mizzou game is almost a must-win for our resume come later in the season. We ought to win that one.

Wed 6pm- Missouri (ACC Network Extra on WatchESPN, 790 the Ticket, WVUM)

Won 2 of 3 against FIU- Friday won 3-1, Sat won 22-1, Sun lost 11-5

Fri 7pm, Sat 7pm, Sun Noon- Florida (ACC Network Extra on WatchESPN, WVUM, Sun-790 the Ticket)

Swept Siena by a combined score of 36-5. Florida hosts FAU tonight and Bethune-Cookman tomorrow.

Hopefully Mediavilla is as sharp tomorrow as he looked on Friday, because it's the most winnable game of the week. Realistically 2-2 would qualify as a great week.
"Hopefully" nothing. Time for Senior to lead Frosh (most talent in years IMO) plain and simple.

BTW, thanks for all the info/updates you share. Much Appreciated!

Edit: Reyes will rake gaytors

Last edited:
Same boom-bust pitching from Mediavilla - dominates for three innings then melts down in one inning and the game is almost out of reach already. Ugh.

Advertisement
The good thing is that it won't be news when we miss the post-season this year. We're just another program hoping to get lucky on selection day.

Advertisement
Seems like the program is regressing.

The question used to be whether or not we would be a National Seed.

Then we started losing home regionals.

Now we're a program that needs help to get into the post-season.

So, yeah, we've regressed.

Advertisement
i hate to sound like a broken record but i have said for the past several years that our hitting coach is stealing money. Now i believe our whole staff is stealing money.

Advertisement
The question used to be whether or not we would be a National Seed.

Then we started losing home regionals.

Now we're a program that needs help to get into the post-season.

So, yeah, we've regressed.

Been saying it for a while. Always the same: Soft arms, no bats, errors and the worst base running ever. Naming a successor who is a huge part of the problem means there is little hope for the future, too.

This weekend will hopefully be rock bottom for a rebuild of Canes baseball. It's going to be a hide the kids, hide the wife vicious beat down.

Flat and lifeless game outside the disastrous 4th and 9th innings. Unfortunately, now we have a pitching shortage with Bartow, McMahon, and Maury injured. Going to need long outings from all three of our starters this weekend (plus a minor miracle) if we're going to salvage anything.

On the one positive note, I continue to be impressed by Zamora and Escala up the middle. Gil has been pretty solid too. Toral and Amditis continue to be a challenge defensively. I don't remember Amditis being such a defensive liability in his 5 starts before his injury last year. No options behind him though as Quinones and Sparber struggled mightily defensively in fall ball. That's probably why we brought in Varela before his injury.

Advertisement
Back