SEC And ACC

The only thing I could possible be happy about last season was that an ACC school ended that SEC winning streak that was getting really old hearing about every other sentence.

And to be honest, I can't really believe I just said that. Am I becoming an ACC homer?

I just retched a bit.

Nothing good comes from a Noles championship. Nothing.

Advertisement
Sec teams is a win win situation, the top teams go unbeaten "all hail sec" they lose "sec is tough"

There's no fairness at all, last year should mean nothing and there should bea formula so there's no arguments, I say all big five conferences should get one team in the playoff and even add another to even it out. That way there's a goal in the beginning of the season and no bullshyt conference pounding ******s.

I'm ok with one conference being left out per year, but this is ridiculous with SEC claiming they should have 3 spots this year. Oregon somehow being left out of the conversation as per usual. Oregon could have a few national titles over the Chip Kelly years if they had the same shot as these SEC teams.

What gets me mad is no one complains out this **** and the nfl doesn't change because a 11-5 team gets left out the playoffs. The giants were9-7 n they complained n what happened they beat everybody the steelers have done this also. They needa better system and this playoff system will be rigged sec style, they did this so people would shut up and it's still the same ****. U already know how this ends with at least two sec teams in, it's crazy people don't speak up.

Voting for needs to be left out of sports period. It should be a requirement that u win ur conference to get in so da *** what.

**** this ****.

Incestuous conference play/minimal noteworthy inter-conference play (across all of college football, not just within the SEC) and a short schedule make it impossible to accurately rank teams from different conferences against one and other. Add in preseason rankings which basically act as weights and you create a bias towards whoever happens to be ranked highly at the beginning of the season based on nothing but intuition (recently this has been the SEC) because nobody has done anything this season.

The strongest way to make accurate rankings, accepting the fact that you can't have 50 game football schedules, would be to kill preseason rankings, remove "conference play" altogether, create schedules focused on playing as many games as possible, randomly, between the top 64 (or however many) teams to build a highly connected network of results, and harness the powers of the transitive property (A>B & B>C therefore A>C) within that network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
ACC doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as the SEC. what a joke of a conference

Here's a sentence. The SEC had front row seats watching an ACC team hold up the national championship last year. Fair?

riding the tails of fsu much? every single one of the other ACC teams would lose to every other SEC team

If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation - Don Draper

I hate the SEC and their teams but there is no doubting they own college football right now. Minus Vanderbilt, they all laugh at the ACC.

I hate the SEC and their teams but there is no doubting they own college football right now. Minus Vanderbilt, they all laugh at the ACC.

There are plenty of poor teams in the SEC as someone mentioned above. I'd put my money on the Pac 12 as the elite conference in college football. Auburn was really laughing their asses off as they were walking off the field of the MNC game.

Advertisement
ACC doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as the SEC. what a joke of a conference

Here's a sentence. The SEC had front row seats watching an ACC team hold up the national championship last year. Fair?

riding the tails of fsu much? every single one of the other ACC teams would lose to every other SEC team

the fact that you think that fsu winning the title redeems the ACC is laughable

I think when we beat a Florida team at full-strength, Clemson beat Georgia last year, and **** even Duke held their own against almighty TAMU last year redeems the ACC. Otherwise, any idiot can look at the rankings and say the SEC is amazing, but when they don't play challenging OOC schedules and just play each other, none of them ever drop. Oregon being ranked below Alabama proves the bias.

Advertisement

There are plenty of poor teams in the SEC as someone mentioned above. I'd put my money on the Pac 12 as the elite conference in college football. Auburn was really laughing their asses off as they were walking off the field of the MNC game.

Dont be stupid, FSU is one team, and a beast of a team. The rest of the ACC is trash.

I think when we beat a Florida team at full-strength, Clemson beat Georgia last year, and **** even Duke held their own against almighty TAMU last year redeems the ACC. Otherwise, any idiot can look at the rankings and say the SEC is amazing, but when they don't play challenging OOC schedules and just play each other, none of them ever drop. Oregon being ranked below Alabama proves the bias.

how did clemson fair against Georgia this year?....

What's your point? Georgia hasn't lost at home this year and they were playing a Clemson team that was replacing a ton of starters. Is that really the only point that you have is the Georgia game? Georgia's probably the best team in the SEC this year and are legit title contenders if Gurley comes back. The other teams are overrated.

Advertisement

What's your point? Georgia hasn't lost at home this year and they were playing a Clemson team that was replacing a ton of starters. Is that really the only point that you have is the Georgia game? Georgia's probably the best team in the SEC this year and are legit title contenders if Gurley comes back. The other teams are overrated.

matched up from top to bottom, you are severely stupid if you think any of the ACC teams would beat their counterparts in the SEC this year

matched up from top to bottom, you are severely stupid if you think any of the ACC teams would beat their counterparts in the SEC this year

No one ever said that ******. I feel like I'm really having a conversation with that caveman in your avatar.

No one ever said that ******. I feel like I'm really having a conversation with that caveman in your avatar.

your whole argument is that the ACC doesn't suck. i'm disagreeing. the ACC does, in fact, suck.

Advertisement
Back