Season starts this week for Manolo Diaz...

If he sticks to what he promised we will be fine.

We need to continue to mix in press coverage. I noticed we played really soft coverage against GT and it allowed our DBs to get beat up a bit as well as give up some easy throws.

I'm cool with blitzing but lets not give easy hot reads by playing soft coverage behind the blitz. We need to continue to reroute with our blitzes.

I understand being unorthodox against an unorthodox opponent but Diaz lost me a bit at GT; from the 0tech to the soft coverage he was annoying the fuq outta me.

I really hope we play FSU aggressive and relentless.

I hate when coaches are confident enough to bully small schools but don't trust the players when they have to face someone their own size.

Diaz needs to create his identity Saturday night and stick with it.

He better not come out with that puzzy shid.

Hit stiq bus Dyk

I'm hoping GT was merely an aberration due to that assh-le offense they play. I want to see us get after these guys without leaving receivers wide open.

I'm hoping our DL can win consistently against a mediocre FSU OL like Louisville did. That Hearns kid humiliated FSU's OL.

Advertisement
We shall see this is the month I have been waiting for with Diaz because I wasn't and am still not sold

Translation: you're looking for every negative play to reinforce your stance so you can come tell us how right you were.

This quote is so over played and getting old. It has nothing to do with being able to brag about being right you idiots. Its how he feels. Get over it.

I just want warm fuzzies guys, warm fuzzies

I just want a DC that can adjust and not let a TE Slant up the middle keep killing us.

This^^^^

Their TEs had 7 catches for 149 yds last week...

this will be key because I have seen FSU highlight their TE after a PA multiple times this year. This is where the game experience comes in with the freshman LBs, cant get sucked in on the PA. App state scored with a TE pass, the QB does a PA roll out and hits the TE on a deep drag. I have seen FSU run something just like it multiple times this year.

...This is the first week he's facing a truly dynamic offense with a QB capable of damaging him in the throw game.

I've loved everything I've seen so far, but this is the stretch that will tell us if our defense is truly high-caliber, or if we're going to see the stuff we saw from Diaz last year at MSU when teams with decent/good QBs annihilated him. I won't be able to get that Arkansas game out of my mind until I see us play good defense against teams like FSU, UNC, and even VT and Pitt.

I don't expect us to shut out FSU or UNC because that's not how college football works these days. We will give up points and scores. I just don't want to see us look like a sieve against those teams. I want to see some stops and to hold them to reasonable TOP, yards and points.

I mentioned in a thread I wanted to see Willis shine (Beast) to level of expectation and the DT's stay in the frenchmans face. Some kid didn't understand that coaches are always pushing kids to get more not resting on his accolades of 2 TFL against GT. FSU offense is moderate at best. Defense cannot allow this subpar offense to get any momentum. Contain Cook and stay in the frenchmans face and force him to overthrow.

Advertisement
Don't pretend to know defenses like some of you do but I hope our D-line can blow them up so we don't have to send the house to get pressure. Hopefully we can put some hats on Cook every down and make him shut down early. Would love to see some of our hungry D get a couple of clean shots early on both Cook and Frenchy.

This game will come down to how good is Redwine and Colbert? We still don't know. Redwine has been a step slow at times this year, but usually when playing soft coverage. He is much better when he's allow to be physical.

If those guys can ball and be like Corn, then we need to freshmans to not get fooled routinely. I don't worry about our DL. They'll eat, but we need the boys behind them to play ball.

[MENTION=7868]canesthing3[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION] negged for what?

If you disagree with that post your a bich. Diaz needs to put up or shut up in how he calls this game. Period.

I just want a DC that can adjust and not let a TE Slant up the middle keep killing us.

This^^^^

this will be key because I have seen FSU highlight their TE after a PA multiple times this year. This is where the game experience comes in with the freshman LBs, cant get sucked in on the PA. App state scored with a TE pass, the QB does a PA roll out and hits the TE on a deep drag. I have seen FSU run something just like it multiple times this year.

Most ive seen it, ever, by Bimbo. They ran it at least 3 times against UNC.

Advertisement
If he sticks to what he promised we will be fine.

We need to continue to mix in press coverage. I noticed we played really soft coverage against GT and it allowed our DBs to get beat up a bit as well as give up some easy throws.

I'm cool with blitzing but lets not give easy hot reads by playing soft coverage behind the blitz. We need to continue to reroute with our blitzes.

I understand being unorthodox against an unorthodox opponent but Diaz lost me a bit at GT; from the 0tech to the soft coverage he was annoying the fuq outta me.

I really hope we play FSU aggressive and relentless.

I hate when coaches are confident enough to bully small schools but don't trust the players when they have to face someone their own size.

Diaz needs to create his identity Saturday night and stick with it.

He better not come out with that puzzy shid.

Hit stiq bus Dyk

I'm hoping GT was merely an aberration due to that assh-le offense they play. I want to see us get after these guys without leaving receivers wide open.

I'm hoping our DL can win consistently against a mediocre FSU OL like Louisville did. That Hearns kid humiliated FSU's OL.

Agreed. I feel like the odd front was a 1 game look. It better have been because we DO NOT have a nose tackle on this team. 1 and 3 tech is what we should stick to.

The key for me is: press coverage. Or at least show press in the presnap alignment.

No pitch and catch.

After we beat F$U people will say the real season starts with UNC and their high powered offense.

[MENTION=7868]canesthing3[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION] negged for what?

If you disagree with that post your a bich. Diaz needs to put up or shut up in how he calls this game. Period.

I guess I'm a bich then?

I hope he calls a good game, I just don't think you know and most people on this board know what that is. Myself included. We had such an obviously bad coach before, now everyone in this forum has turned into armchair coaches.

Regardless of how he calls the game, the players will need to execute and make plays. I hope Diaz puts them in a position to do so.

Judging his play-calling against 3 cupcakes and an option team is premature.

This^^^^

Most ive seen it, ever, by Bimbo. They ran it at least 3 times against UNC.

Of course they have a veteran TE and its a quick easy read for a newer QB. They will go to it multiple times this game to pick our young LB's

Advertisement
Im expecting a score similar to the UNC/FSU game. We will give up some points but I think we force some turnovers and the offense puts up a good number. The QB will have some easy throws but we have to counteract that with pressure.

If Kaaya plays mediocre we won't win.

With Manny, I think many of us are thinking the same thing.

I guess I'm a bich then?

I hope he calls a good game, I just don't think you know and most people on this board know what that is. Myself included. We had such an obviously bad coach before, now everyone in this forum has turned into armchair coaches.

Regardless of how he calls the game, the players will need to execute and make plays. I hope Diaz puts them in a position to do so.

Judging his play-calling against 3 cupcakes and an option team is premature.

So because you have no idea what's going on that means the rest of us don't?

Yes, because that makes sense. I have yet to be called out about my football knowledge on this board by the many knowledgeable posters here. I know what the **** I'm talking about and I don't care if you do or not.

What I do know is, we played a lot of odd front with a 0-technique NT against GT and it didn't have too much success. That position is built for a guy with power and size like Vince Wilfork.

Who on this team is built like that? Georgia Tech Center was getting all in our tackles grits all game. BLOWING them off the ball. We have some really good 1 & 3 technique players on this team and we should stick to that strength.

I know how to allocate blame correctly when assessing players and coaches.

Don't place your own lack of knowledge on me and neg my post with no real rebuttal to my points but " I think you don't know what you're talking about"

That's weak. I was one of the first and only Golden bashers and got negged to **** on every forum I was a part of because I said he sucked from game 1. Don't talk down on me just because you don't understand football and rode his Golden pole for 4 years.

I know exactly what to look for; and how else would we judge him(Diaz) but by his product in the games we have played?

Should we judge him by his stint at Texas? Come on. You act like we are being unfair. He should be held accountable and should stick to his WORD and keep the defense aggressive.

What he did against GT was NOT aggressive compared to the first 3 games.

Chise is right. He has A LOT to prove.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The freshmens? Randy is that you?

This game will come down to how good is Redwine and Colbert? We still don't know. Redwine has been a step slow at times this year, but usually when playing soft coverage. He is much better when he's allow to be physical.

If those guys can ball and be like Corn, then we need to freshmans to not get fooled routinely. I don't worry about our DL. They'll eat, but we need the boys behind them to play ball.

What about the current Texas dumpster fire on DFense? Ranked 64 out of 65 in power schools. Maybe there are talent probs with The Horms? Charlie Strong can't even coach them!

Manny maybe a bit vendicated at Texas but his true vindication is all about this week. No home win since 2004. 2004! That is just unbelievable embarrassment for this program and need to make a statement. Is it their time? Let's see it on the field.

The freshmens? Randy is that you?

Neg yourself

I'm sorry, what has Diaz done to make you think he's going to come out with a "puzzy shid" game plan? Because he switched it up for a week against a gimmick offense, after he saw another team have success with a similar game plan? So the first 3 weeks didn't happen or he's just a coach who wants to beat up on weaker opponents or wtf you said. I agree that he still has something to prove, but I disagree that nothing can be gleaned from the first third of our season.

You're clearly a bich for getting in your feelings because 2 people don't agree with your post. [MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Back