Season starts this week for Manolo Diaz...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...This is the first week he's facing a truly dynamic offense with a QB capable of damaging him in the throw game.

I've loved everything I've seen so far, but this is the stretch that will tell us if our defense is truly high-caliber, or if we're going to see the stuff we saw from Diaz last year at MSU when teams with decent/good QBs annihilated him. I won't be able to get that Arkansas game out of my mind until I see us play good defense against teams like FSU, UNC, and even VT and Pitt.

I don't expect us to shut out FSU or UNC because that's not how college football works these days. We will give up points and scores. I just don't want to see us look like a sieve against those teams. I want to see some stops and to hold them to reasonable TOP, yards and points.

Advertisement
I expect us to take advantage of that awful offensive line. If UNC was able to put Frenchy on his ***, then we should be able to also.

I expect us to take advantage of that awful offensive line. If UNC was able to put Frenchy on his ***, then we should be able to also.

I think we'll definitely get sacks and TFL in the game. I don't doubt that at all. What we need to avoid, though, is getting a big sack and then giving up 16 yards on an uncontested pass on 2nd and 15.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about Diaz until he fields a good defense against competent throw teams like FSU, UNC, ND, VT and Pitt. We haven't played any of the good throw teams on our schedule yet.

We shall see this is the month I have been waiting for with Diaz because I wasn't and am still not sold

Advertisement
I think our aggression gets us some big plays but it also kills us at times. Ole Frenchy is a good athlete and he'll get away at times. I expect a shootout but I think we get them

I think our aggression gets us some big plays but it also kills us at times. Ole Frenchy is a good athlete and he'll get away at times. I expect a shootout but I think we get them

As long as we win by 1 point, I don't care how much they score.

But this is the first real test of Diaz. And there are plenty more to come for him.

I think crowd noise and pressure will make a huge difference in this game.

Advertisement
doesnt start for him this week, a lot of DC's that finish top 10 get fat on weaker teams on the schedule, it will all count at the end of the day

This is the first quarterback we've faced who is capable of completing the forward pass consistently. I like how Diaz has bullied run first teams into having to throw the ball and I fully expect them to gang up to stop Cook but Frenchy Le Pew has shown at least some ability to move the chains with the passing game. I am definitely not expecting a shut out (I'm expecting a bit of a shoot out) but I need to see the defense make big stops, force field goals in the red zone and force turnovers. I'll live with yards if they can keep the noles out of the endzone.

We shall see this is the month I have been waiting for with Diaz because I wasn't and am still not sold

Translation: you're looking for every negative play to reinforce your stance so you can come tell us how right you were.

Not quite, I actually like what Manny brings to the table and he is still young and can adapt and modify to perfect his defense. I would never judge a coach off 1 game. I'm just excited to see what he rolls out there

Just control Cook. Dalvin will get his yards but don't let him control the game like he has the last two years

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I think Manny Diaz is exactly who we think he is. You'll get sacks and TFL but you have to take the occasional 12-15 yard gasher with them. The middle of the field scares me to death Saturday. That said, if we can get to Francois and Cook in the backfield early and knock them out of rhythm (Diaz's MO all season so far) then those gashers become a lot less likely.

I just want a DC that can adjust and not let a TE Slant up the middle keep killing us.

Francois has a good arm but he's not processing information quickly that much anyone can see. You can tell how frustrated he gets when he's being knocked around too. Both of these play into our scheme. He will have very little time and we will hit him often. We just have to keep YAC down and stick cook like glue.

Advertisement
i want Manolo to go over to jimcuckbo and tell him

i heard your wife likes it like this.
tumblr_m8kga1K3bq1qcvaxho1_500.gif

doesnt start for him this week, a lot of DC's that finish top 10 get fat on weaker teams on the schedule, it will all count at the end of the day

I don't care about meaningless stats. He needs to field a competent defense against good offenses. The rest is horse ****. UM should dominate FAMU and FAU with just about anyone coordinating the defense.

We need to turn this attacking defense into an effective defense against competent offenses.

If he sticks to what he promised we will be fine.

We need to continue to mix in press coverage. I noticed we played really soft coverage against GT and it allowed our DBs to get beat up a bit as well as give up some easy throws.

I'm cool with blitzing but lets not give easy hot reads by playing soft coverage behind the blitz. We need to continue to reroute with our blitzes.

I understand being unorthodox against an unorthodox opponent but Diaz lost me a bit at GT; from the 0tech to the soft coverage he was annoying the fuq outta me.

I really hope we play FSU aggressive and relentless.

I hate when coaches are confident enough to bully small schools but don't trust the players when they have to face someone their own size.

Diaz needs to create his identity Saturday night and stick with it.

He better not come out with that puzzy shid.

Hit stiq bus Dyk

Translation: you're looking for every negative play to reinforce your stance so you can come tell us how right you were.

This quote is so over played and getting old. It has nothing to do with being able to brag about being right you idiots. Its how he feels. Get over it.

Advertisement
Back