Season starts this week for Manolo Diaz...

Pressure Pressue and most uncontrollable violence! Don't let Francois sit back there. It is going to be a war. Need noise and even more noise.

I get the feeling this is the last shot with Jimbo as a HC. He is leaving for LSU.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, what has Diaz done to make you think he's going to come out with a "puzzy shid" game plan? Because he switched it up for a week against a gimmick offense, after he saw another team have success with a similar game plan? So the first 3 weeks didn't happen or he's just a coach who wants to beat up on weaker opponents or wtf you said. I agree that he still has something to prove, but I disagree that nothing can be gleaned from the first third of our season.

You're clearly a bich for getting in your feelings because 2 people don't agree with your post. [MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION]

What makes me think he will come out with a puzzy gameplan?

Playing soft coverage against a team that runs the ball and doesn't have the wr talent to make us pay for being aggressive. There is no logical reason, outside of puzzy, for Diaz to play our corners in such soft coverage. That soft coverage allows the wr's to make easier blocks on our corners on those pitch plays and leaves easy catches on quick throws when we blitz. Also playing Defensive line techniques that go against our talent base and get us blown off the ball.

Because he switched it up for a week against a gimmick offense, after he saw another team have success with a similar game plan?

Fuq what other teams do. We need to do what works best for our talent. I didn't mind being unorthodox. You don't have to play 0 tech in an odd front. we could have used a 3-4 under and used our 1 gap principles. I really don't see how that helped us do anything but get scored on.

You're clearly a bich for getting in your feelings because 2 people don't agree with your post

In my feelings? Um ok. It's a message board. We are here for debate. You disagree with me? Type it out. You negged me but didn't say anything to rebuttal. That's weak. Don't be mad cuz I called you out for being a bich, bich

I think Manny Diaz is exactly who we think he is. You'll get sacks and TFL but you have to take the occasional 12-15 yard gasher with them. The middle of the field scares me to death Saturday. That said, if we can get to Francois and Cook in the backfield early and knock them out of rhythm (Diaz's MO all season so far) then those gashers become a lot less likely.

That is a given. Our old defenses got gashed by noles and others. The key is the amount of painful violence we can deliver in the process. Hit Cook and Francois in the backfield hard and often and they will have less to offer in 4th quarter and less will to do it.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna hold it against him if we get rocked a little bit. All of our expectations have changed thanks to the early success from the coaching staff etc. gotta be realistic though - mediocre secondary at best, and 3 true freshmen LBs. Not to mention the DL is in a brand new scheme and still not where we need to be physically/strength wise.

It took years for Butch to build his teams physically, and our fan base sorta expects it now after 4 games.

FSU is big, fast, strong. Dalvin is arguably the best back in CFB. This is a tough offense to stop. No one has stopped it.

Game will turn on the our 4 down defensive lineman. They need to disrupt noles backfield every play. Everything flows from that. It is everything Golden refused to allow. If we don't play in their backfield, we will lose.

I don't owe you an explanation because I don't agree with your over emotional ***, that's what the down arrow is for genius. Im not going to clutter up a quality OP with quoting your novels in every reply but don't @ me on some soft puzzy shid, bich. Get out your feelings and keep dropping intelligent quips like fuq what other teams do and calling people who disagree with you bichs. You so gangsta [MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION]

I don't owe you an explanation because I don't agree with your over emotional ***, that's what the down arrow is for genius. Im not going to clutter up a quality OP with quoting your novels in every reply but don't @ me on some soft puzzy shid, bich. Get out your feelings and keep dropping intelligent quips like fuq what other teams do and calling people who disagree with you bichs. You so gangsta [MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION]

You don't owe me an explanation;but you responded to every post ive made to you?
Shut your dumbazz up. You're mad because I called you out for being a bich and embarrassed you. Take your liqs like a man.

you have YET to refute any football points because your a classic dweeb that has no idea what football is outside of touchdowns and weekends. It's quite typical that you would attack everything in my posts BUT the parts that reference football knowledge.

Yes, fuq what other teams do because they have different players and different identities. You dumb fuq.

Disagreement is normal.

But what you did was like walking up to me and saying "fuq you" then walking away. Then when I ask why you said "fuq you" to me you call me emotional and walk away?

That's some straight up ho shid.

You're in here trying to guage another mans emotions through text messages? Who does that? You're a whole Ho.

Advertisement
I think Manny Diaz is exactly who we think he is. You'll get sacks and TFL but you have to take the occasional 12-15 yard gasher with them. The middle of the field scares me to death Saturday. That said, if we can get to Francois and Cook in the backfield early and knock them out of rhythm (Diaz's MO all season so far) then those gashers become a lot less likely.

That is a given. Our old defenses got gashed by noles and others. The key is the amount of painful violence we can deliver in the process. Hit Cook and Francois in the backfield hard and often and they will have less to offer in 4th quarter and less will to do it.

It basically boils down to two things.

1. 3rd down defense. Get off the field, Manny. If we can't...
2. Turnovers. Play great red zone defense and create turnovers.

Just play a Sonny Lubick style of defense and we should be good.

Need this to look like the Marcus Vick 27-7 2005 stomping.

Unwavering. Violence.

most impressive canes game I've ever seen. hard to tell people how dominant it was because teams score so much now but before 70 point weekly games, and those two defenses....we owned them entirely

This game will come down to how good is Redwine and Colbert? We still don't know. Redwine has been a step slow at times this year, but usually when playing soft coverage. He is much better when he's allow to be physical.

If those guys can ball and be like Corn, then we need to freshmans to not get fooled routinely. I don't worry about our DL. They'll eat, but we need the boys behind them to play ball.

I don't think Colbertson are great, but they won't have to be if our front 4 dominates their OL like Louisville did. If we don't beat them up front it's gonna be a shootout 49-42 type game.

Im expecting a score similar to the UNC/FSU game. We will give up some points but I think we force some turnovers and the offense puts up a good number. The QB will have some easy throws but we have to counteract that with pressure.

If Kaaya plays mediocre we won't win.

With Manny, I think many of us are thinking the same thing.

Same way I see it. We're going to have to score a lot. And Kaaya will need to out-duel that frog freshmens. It's his time to carry us to a big win. Now or never for BK.

Advertisement
You cant fake a dominant defense, Diaz has already proven his worth on this team. What the defense has shown up to this point is what we will continue to see.

I'm not gonna hold it against him if we get rocked a little bit. All of our expectations have changed thanks to the early success from the coaching staff etc. gotta be realistic though - mediocre secondary at best, and 3 true freshmen LBs. Not to mention the DL is in a brand new scheme and still not where we need to be physically/strength wise.

It took years for Butch to build his teams physically, and our fan base sorta expects it now after 4 games.

FSU is big, fast, strong. Dalvin is arguably the best back in CFB. This is a tough offense to stop. No one has stopped it.

I agree we do need to temper our expectations based upon the things you stated.

However, I disagree with the notion that no one has shut down FSu's offense.

Ole Miss def. shut it down. The problem was the fact that they went conservative and allowed FSU back in the game.

If Ole miss continues to play the attacking aggressive style they played in the first half they win that game and shutdown that offense completely.

If Diaz sticks to his promise we are going to finish the business Ole Miss couldn't.

This game will come down to how good is Redwine and Colbert? We still don't know. Redwine has been a step slow at times this year, but usually when playing soft coverage. He is much better when he's allow to be physical.

If those guys can ball and be like Corn, then we need to freshmans to not get fooled routinely. I don't worry about our DL. They'll eat, but we need the boys behind them to play ball.

I don't think Colbertson are great, but they won't have to be if our front 4 dominates their OL like Louisville did. If we don't beat them up front it's gonna be a shootout 49-42 type game.

It's hard to tell, we haven't played a WR corp that demanded our DBs stay woke all game. Every time I've seen a free man running it's been from a comeback or against our blitz.

Advertisement
What about the current Texas dumpster fire on DFense? Ranked 64 out of 65 in power schools. Maybe there are talent probs with The Horms? Charlie Strong can't even coach them!

Manny maybe a bit vendicated at Texas but his true vindication is all about this week. No home win since 2004. 2004! That is just unbelievable embarrassment for this program and need to make a statement. Is it their time? Let's see it on the field.

You don't need to go back to Texas to get skittish about Manny. Just watch a couple games from last year when average passing teams destroyed his defense.

I'm cautiously optimistic and I give him incredible props for his work as the LB coach this year. He's done an enormous job with them.

But this is the part of the schedule that will separate the wheat from the chaff. We'll see if we can get stops against competent passing teams, and no conference has better QBs overall than the ACC.

If the defense was doing poorly so far everybody would argue that Diaz already has a sample size.

Footballoutsiders has our defense rating as 11th in the country so far. And yes their model adjusts for strength of schedule.

Ole Miss def. shut it down. The problem was the fact that they went conservative and allowed FSU back in the game.

If Ole miss continues to play the attacking aggressive style they played in the first half they win that game and shutdown that offense completely.

If Diaz sticks to his promise we are going to finish the business Ole Miss couldn't.

Call it what you want, but historically speaking FSU just plays better in the 2nd half of games. Jimbo makes adjustments and away they go. Not sure Ole Miss would've continued to hold them.

And at times Ole Miss's defense has looked better than ours. They have some ridiculous athletes on that team. (granted we have a few too).

I'd probably feel different if Grace, AQM, and Young.

A whole lot of teams are able to shut down FSU for a half or at least 1.5 quarters. The last 2-2.5 quarters is the problem.

Advertisement
Back