Season starts this week for Manolo Diaz...

I'm not gonna hold it against him if we get rocked a little bit. All of our expectations have changed thanks to the early success from the coaching staff etc. gotta be realistic though - mediocre secondary at best, and 3 true freshmen LBs. Not to mention the DL is in a brand new scheme and still not where we need to be physically/strength wise.

It took years for Butch to build his teams physically, and our fan base sorta expects it now after 4 games.

FSU is big, fast, strong. Dalvin is arguably the best back in CFB. This is a tough offense to stop. No one has stopped it.

I agree we do need to temper our expectations based upon the things you stated.

However, I disagree with the notion that no one has shut down FSu's offense.

Ole Miss def. shut it down. The problem was the fact that they went conservative and allowed FSU back in the game.

If Ole miss continues to play the attacking aggressive style they played in the first half they win that game and shutdown that offense completely.

If Diaz sticks to his promise we are going to finish the business Ole Miss couldn't.

Call it what you want, but historically speaking FSU just plays better in the 2nd half of games. Jimbo makes adjustments and away they go. Not sure Ole Miss would've continued to hold them.

And at times Ole Miss's defense has looked better than ours. They have some ridiculous athletes on that team. (granted we have a few too).

I'd probably feel different if Grace, AQM, and Young.

The facts are the facts. Film doesn't lie broham. Bimbo is a good coach and clearly makes the right adjustments; But All of Bimbo's comebacks are a direct result of opposing teams going soft and prevent defense trying to sit on the lead. Go look at all of them and you will see it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
What I know and what Bimbo knows is that you CAN NOT defend Florida athletes easily in space.

Richt knows it too. That's why he ate APP State alive for playing soft coverage.

Ole Miss doesn't have anything on that defense that we don't have.

Cant argue about missing the 3 dismissed guys, tho.

I guess we shall see Saturday.

Advertisement
Im expecting a score similar to the UNC/FSU game. We will give up some points but I think we force some turnovers and the offense puts up a good number. The QB will have some easy throws but we have to counteract that with pressure.

If Kaaya plays mediocre we won't win.

With Manny, I think many of us are thinking the same thing.

Same way I see it. We're going to have to score a lot. And Kaaya will need to out-duel that frog freshmens. It's his time to carry us to a big win. Now or never for BK.

This is my huge concern with Kaaya and the offense.At times they go cold and have multiple 3 and outs and if FSU keeps it close Delvin can kill us late again.

This game will not be about Diaz. It will be about coach Kool winding the DL up and letting them go and obliterate FSU OL.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Im expecting a score similar to the UNC/FSU game. We will give up some points but I think we force some turnovers and the offense puts up a good number. The QB will have some easy throws but we have to counteract that with pressure.

If Kaaya plays mediocre we won't win.

With Manny, I think many of us are thinking the same thing.

Same way I see it. We're going to have to score a lot. And Kaaya will need to out-duel that frog freshmens. It's his time to carry us to a big win. Now or never for BK.
Our defense may shock me but I don't think it will be Manny's doing. I like his style of course but it will be our guys just getting to the ball in time to make plays.

FSU is big, fast, strong. Dalvin is arguably the best back in CFB. This is a tough offense to stop. No one has stopped it.

Louisville destroyed their offense. FSU's starters only scored 10 points before they were taken out in the 4th qtr...

Advertisement
People, go look around college football, there are less than a handful of truly dominant defenses. The powers that be have made it borderline impossible for 95% of teams to field defenses that are consistently good, because it's impossible to consistently defend in this rules climate. What a lot of elite teams are doing is fielding units that force turnovers, just by doing that on a consistent basis, you up your chances for victory. Diaz can do that, and if the Miami D can create 2-3 turnovers, the streak will end. Tackle well(and gang tackling Cook), force TOs and find a way to get off the field when the opportunity presents itself(3rd and 5+), those are the keys.

Francois stares down his receivers. Force him to stay in the pocket and change up coverages. One thing I have noticed is if his first option is covered he panics and holds on to the ball.

I expect us to take advantage of that awful offensive line. If UNC was able to put Frenchy on his ***, then we should be able to also.

I think we'll definitely get sacks and TFL in the game. I don't doubt that at all. What we need to avoid, though, is getting a big sack and then giving up 16 yards on an uncontested pass on 2nd and 15.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about Diaz until he fields a good defense against competent throw teams like FSU, UNC, ND, VT and Pitt. We haven't played any of the good throw teams on our schedule yet.

Agree with everything you said. The first four weeks was a nice sight to see, but this where things get real. FSU and UNC can put a lot of points on the board and in a hurry. I don't expect shut-outs but I still want to see us attack and be able to cover in the back-end.

Advertisement
I expect us to take advantage of that awful offensive line. If UNC was able to put Frenchy on his ***, then we should be able to also.

I think we'll definitely get sacks and TFL in the game. I don't doubt that at all. What we need to avoid, though, is getting a big sack and then giving up 16 yards on an uncontested pass on 2nd and 15.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about Diaz until he fields a good defense against competent throw teams like FSU, UNC, ND, VT and Pitt. We haven't played any of the good throw teams on our schedule yet.

He's going to give up those big pass plays. Just part of his game.

Keeping Francois on his back and also contained is the key. If they give up a big play ok as long as it doesn't happen multiple times. You need to bring the heat young QB and just key on Cook. He was unstoppable in the past few years vs us I believe CMR and Manny know this.

Need fake stunts put 8 in box and go or drop back into coverage.

I believe there will be big plays from both sides in this game. The team that causes more turnovers and makes more special teams plays wins.

[MENTION=7868]canesthing3[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION] negged for what?

If you disagree with that post your a bich. Diaz needs to put up or shut up in how he calls this game. Period.

I guess I'm a bich then?

I hope he calls a good game, I just don't think you know and most people on this board know what that is. Myself included. We had such an obviously bad coach before, now everyone in this forum has turned into armchair coaches.

Regardless of how he calls the game, the players will need to execute and make plays. I hope Diaz puts them in a position to do so.

Judging his play-calling against 3 cupcakes and an option team is premature.

So because you have no idea what's going on that means the rest of us don't?

Yes, because that makes sense. I have yet to be called out about my football knowledge on this board by the many knowledgeable posters here. I know what the **** I'm talking about and I don't care if you do or not.

What I do know is, we played a lot of odd front with a 0-technique NT against GT and it didn't have too much success. That position is built for a guy with power and size like Vince Wilfork.

Who on this team is built like that? Georgia Tech Center was getting all in our tackles grits all game. BLOWING them off the ball. We have some really good 1 & 3 technique players on this team and we should stick to that strength.

I know how to allocate blame correctly when assessing players and coaches.

Don't place your own lack of knowledge on me and neg my post with no real rebuttal to my points but " I think you don't know what you're talking about"

That's weak. I was one of the first and only Golden bashers and got negged to **** on every forum I was a part of because I said he sucked from game 1. Don't talk down on me just because you don't understand football and rode his Golden pole for 4 years.

I know exactly what to look for; and how else would we judge him(Diaz) but by his product in the games we have played?

Should we judge him by his stint at Texas? Come on. You act like we are being unfair. He should be held accountable and should stick to his WORD and keep the defense aggressive.

What he did against GT was NOT aggressive compared to the first 3 games.

Chise is right. He has A LOT to prove.

TL/DR

Pretty much I agree with Canezum in dictating to the offense how the game will be. Physical at the point of attack and gang tackling Cook. I don't think we shut them out but I do think we can dominate them.

Advertisement
He passed the first test. FSU was functionally shut down for almost a half.

The offense really let the defense down. With better playcalling/execution, it could've been 17-0 at the half, and 24-0 in the 3rd (the point where Kaaya threw the end zone INT).

FSU seized momentum, and the defense had to stay on the field the entire second half.

Advertisement
Back