Season Outlook post Bama:

Oh and Saban just ran another bubble screen with 2 WRs out wide guarded by 1 DB, while our safety is 10 yds back ready to come forward and miss a tackle in space. 7-8 yards, rinse repeat. Manure is a trash D coordinator who preaches aggressiveness and tenacity, but plays soft as baby **** coverage in the back
Trust me, UNC and VT saw that and will be looking to exploit us there. LB's and DB's need to be better at shedding blocks and making tackles.

Advertisement
You guys need to take your Orange and Green glasses off. This is another 7-5; 8-4 team at best. We don’t have much talent. When you start guys like McCloud at DE - you don’t have a great football team.

In my honest opinion, the only clear improvement on the team from last year is the receiving core. You can also say the secondary (talent wise) but the scheme and alignment continues to haunt them. I really don’t see much change from last year.

You guys need to take your Orange and Green glasses off. This is another 7-5; 8-4 team at best. We don’t have much talent. When you start guys like McCloud at DE - you don’t have a great football team.
7-5 gets manure fired. So there’s always that hope!

Advertisement
I believe there is enough talent on the roster to win every game remaining on the schedule, but I am confident that it will not happen. Sometimes in life you have to accept your role, and UM is not a championship calibre team. Even if Manny somehow flukes his way into the ACCCG, he will get smashed by Clemson...again. I accept that UM will never compete for championships until the school makes a commitment to winning championships and not just cheap slogans.
What is a commitment to winning championships and how is that game plan executed? Is it the coaching staff? Besides Manny, they have made massive improvements in their process and search, etc. Manny was a knee jerk reaction but the suddenness of the Richt departure led to him being “the guy” so quickly (sure felt like the sky was falling to me when Richt abruptly resigned).
Is the recruiting the return to commitment to championship level?
Is it the facilities?
Both of those seem to be where we have been asking them or are on their way.
I have seen this comment several times and seriously do not know what is being referenced and how it is accomplished. UM does not have $9mm-$10mm to give a coach to get there if that is the idea. I’m not trying to bash you, just hanging on the comment as I have read it no less than a dozen times and want clarification as to how it is accomplished. We have what we have. We need a young up and comer Coach that we can afford. But at least this guy wins the offseasons. He needs a real d coordinator and LB coach but TWill left us with our d1ck in our hands after accepting and bolting. And we played Bama in the middle of rebuilding. Our first borderline 5 star recruit in years that could have played and made an impact has been suspended for the first half of the year. We have what we have and we got beat by Bama with DJ Ivey as our CB and TS as a transfer that also looked out of place (although he was flying around).

For some reason Saban called off the dogs. He could have scored 70 so don't paint a rosy picture that Alabama only scored 40. **** we only scored 13 and it was quite embarrassing however you look at it.
Their players were getting hurt left and right... mostly cramping maybe but I think he was concerned.

The Alabama game doesn't give you much information about Miami that you didn't already know.

We were always taking this L in the most humiliating fashion.

What matters is how we respond. Miami has been an emotional team (and not in a good way) for almost 20 years. When things don't go their way, they often just fold and quit. You hope this team with all of the veterans on it, the 22, 23, 24 year old players would be able to hold it together and still understand that an 11-1, Coastal championship and ACCCG is still possible, especially after seeing UNC look like absolute **** versus VaTech.

With that said, they've got some interesting matchups in the next few weeks. Michigan State looked like a live target against Northwestern and App State is always well coached, albeit undermanned to compete against this level most times. Miami should be able to bounce back...but we'll see.

Advertisement
Miami sucked on both sides of the ball. Defense plays slow, reacts slow, gives up too many easy yards, our blitz packages suck and cant tackle. Literally, just dive at legs and hope we trip someone up. Offense had no creativity, oline couldn't block, Harris is slow and has no wiggle, miami lacks playmakers or the ability to scheme people open. This has the makings of an up and down season. Beat the bad teams and lose to decent/good teams

You are fooling yourself if you think we won’t struggle against virtually everyone on our schedule. We will have to outscore people bc our defense will struggle the whole year. We’re back to a 9-3/8-4 type of year, I’m afraid unless something drastic happens with the philosophy of this team on offense and defense
Can’t remember which year it was under Richt but every single game it felt like came down to the end

I think we will win a lot of those games but there’s too many obvious holes on defense and offense to expect us to just roll people, even in our **** conference

Manny will be outcoached in pretty much every game, but we have enough talent to win most of them

Disagree about Keontra Smith. He was all over the field. And I think the fan base is just stuck on complaining about the linebackers. don't think they hurt the team last night at all- Flagg even sacked Bryce Young. If you are talking about 17 & 44, I would agree.

Offensive game plan was awful for most of the first half. Didn't help the OL at all. Subbing for Scaife seemed to help.

Chaney clearly more vision as a RB.

To me, I kept waiting for all that "press man coverage" we were supposed to see from TRob....
+1

I didn't have the benefit of watching on television (saw the game in person) but this sums up my feelings. My order of disappointment:

1. Offensive play calling
2. Secondary/Lack of man coverage
3. Lack of vision by RBs
4. Lack of push by OL during short yardage
5. No new wrinkles on offensive (predictive)
6. Lack of pressure by front 7/same old blitz packages

i could go on but those are my top 7...

Advertisement
ill be happy if we can win the coastal or even the acc. Clemson even admitted their ol has gotten worse. we might have a shot

Advertisement
ill be happy if we can win the coastal or even the acc. Clemson even admitted their ol has gotten worse. we might have a shot
I had the Clemson game on. Wasn’t paying really close attention to it, but what a bizarre game to sit through

I imagine their board is much like ours today

Advertisement
Back