Season Outlook post Bama:

Teams take the personality of their coaches. I like Manny Diaz. I think he’s a solid guy, I think he cares more than most. But he’s soft..and so is this defense. That said, we win 9-10 games this year solely because the ACC is also soft. MSU’s Tun game worries me but outside of that…we’re good enough to roll in ACC play.

Advertisement
We also won't face a defense like that. This game was lost on our O line, plain and simple.
Yeah but it was exacerbated dramatically by Lashlee,.it should have been much closer.

On the positive side, the gap between Bama-Miami is as big as the gap between Miami-FSU.

Advertisement
if we beat App State the Bama game will become a distant memory. Fans will happily point to whatever great plays were made in that game and discount the opponent (yeah it was App State but still ....).
14. - 1 will be the new mantra with people saying we still have the Coastal and ACC championship in sight with an outside shot at the playoffs.
If there's another loss (and i think there will be a couple more to put us around 9-3 overall) we can of course expect more bashing of certain coaches and players.

Advertisement
Disagree about Keontra Smith. He was all over the field. And I think the fan base is just stuck on complaining about the linebackers. don't think they hurt the team last night at all- Flagg even sacked Bryce Young. If you are talking about 17 & 44, I would agree.

Offensive game plan was awful for most of the first half. Didn't help the OL at all. Subbing for Scaife seemed to help.

Chaney clearly more vision as a RB.

To me, I kept waiting for all that "press man coverage" we were supposed to see from TRob....
I agree here. Our first teams LBs played surprisingly well

Jennings still over runs everything. Noticed #17 was in the game but didnt see much. I think injuries just took to much of what made him a good players away

What is a commitment to winning championships and how is that game plan executed? Is it the coaching staff? Besides Manny, they have made massive improvements in their process and search, etc. Manny was a knee jerk reaction but the suddenness of the Richt departure led to him being “the guy” so quickly (sure felt like the sky was falling to me when Richt abruptly resigned).
Is the recruiting the return to commitment to championship level?
Is it the facilities?
Both of those seem to be where we have been asking them or are on their way.
I have seen this comment several times and seriously do not know what is being referenced and how it is accomplished. UM does not have $9mm-$10mm to give a coach to get there if that is the idea. I’m not trying to bash you, just hanging on the comment as I have read it no less than a dozen times and want clarification as to how it is accomplished. We have what we have. We need a young up and comer Coach that we can afford. But at least this guy wins the offseasons. He needs a real d coordinator and LB coach but TWill left us with our d1ck in our hands after accepting and bolting. And we played Bama in the middle of rebuilding. Our first borderline 5 star recruit in years that could have played and made an impact has been suspended for the first half of the year. We have what we have and we got beat by Bama with DJ Ivey as our CB and TS as a transfer that also looked out of place (although he was flying around).
Dicht's departure was a brief period of hope

"Rebuilding"? Mannylito's sixth season, without a competitive team. Rebuild what?

We will struggle with most teams bc we aren’t physical. Until you can dominate at the point of attack, anyone can and a will hang around. Our best hope is smoke and mirrors. Ironically that’s how Manny got his job.

Advertisement
No it won’t, and that’s the saddest part
Why do you say that? Shoot, the end of last season got so bad in the media and with the bot that they almost brought in AH to take over football from the two nincompoops currently In charge of it. You really think that if Diaz ***** the bed In YEAR 3 posting a 7-5 record with his most experienced and talented team he’ll ever have here with a 6 year dark horse hiesman candidate QB heads won’t roll? Add on the the yearly bowl loss in some Podunk bowl the team has no Interest I’m playing in and you think heads won’t roll? Well then UM can look forward to a 2022 season of toxicity that’ll look very similar to 2015 with an empty stadium and empty donation coffers. Along with being embarrassed all over the media. Of course they are probably used to being embarrassed the media over the last 17 years. Smh nothing says gimmicky micky mouse like taking out the turnover chain and touchdown rings when your getting blown out! 🤢🤮 but Diaz thinks he’s Andre Agassi and all that matters is “image”. The only difference is Andre Agassi is a Winner and lisp and slide is a loser!

1630853935950.gif

Advertisement
I love how there are so many definite proclamations about the team when they got virtually exactly what the entire CFB world expected, but now we’re barely breaking .500…lmao, gotta love this board.

Advertisement
Back