Season Outlook post Bama:

calinative umstudent

All-ACC
Premium
1 or 2 losses still. UGA beat Clemson and kept their offense in check all game. UNC lost. I'm actually more inclined to think we can have a 1 loss season now than I was before these week 1 games finished up.

We gave up 40 to Bama, but there is nobody left on our schedule with close to their offensive talent. Defensively if we can learn how to tackle I'm actually feeling good about that side this year. The tackling was ******* horrible though. The bright side again is just that these other teams we play for the most part aren't gunna have the type of athlete's Bama has. I think the DEs played solid, they didn't finish many plays though. But I think they will be better in ACC play than most here thought they'd be this season. I also think the DTs were definitely improved. **** we held them to like under 4ypc, which probably was most people's biggest fears. Obviously the major negative was the LBs were complete garbage and basically useless. For all the hype Keontra got, he didn't do ****...which just makes you question why on earth Jennings was even on the field cause he shouldn't be. Bubba Golden will be back though. CBs were about as expected. Don't think Gurvan is ever going to be more than an average to slightly below average starter, But we do have more safety talent than anybody in the ACC still, so again this isn't something that will be a killer for us this season. Overall while allowing 40pts is bad. It really wasn't a terrible defensive Performance imo. If we fix the tackling and have at least one LB step up we will be good.

Offensively, Lashlee just sucked ****. This is who he is though. I really don't think he has any feel for the game. It's like he doesn't have a brain and has to call the same run play that is getting stuffed 20 times. His system just isn't working and rather than adapt and just do what is working - and utilizing the players that are ******* working it's like he's stuck trying to put a big square ped in a small round hole. Like **** dude, Cam Harris on inside runs against the best Alabama front 7 they have had in like 5 years was obviously not going to be successful. Then when it proved to sick you keep doing it, and in situations that make no sense? Honestly I think Lashlee is the biggest weakness of this offense. And at this point I don't trust him not to crumble in big games. Second weakest was the right side of the OLine. The left side was good today. Most of the pressure came from the right, regardless if it was Scaife at RT or not. Personally I believe the OLine will be improved substantially this year and just think this Bama front 7 is going to be literally 2x better than ANY team on the rest of our schedule. It's lashlees fault for the run game not working and not helping our the RT with a chip or something. Lastly get Cam Harris the **** out of the starting lineup. I swear these coaches just can't help from playing the worse player most likely due to them being older. Cam Harris isn't even close to being as good of a RB as Chaney. IDGAF. King and the Wars/TE I think will show put the rest of the year. It's just will Lashlee figure out a run game and keep blowing **** in big games or not.

Special teams is going to be great again this year.

Overall I think the D was actually better than expected and Lashlee was far worse. But this offense will still woop pretty much every remaining defense on our schedules ***.

Lastly just before everyone EVERYONE calls for Diaz to be fired, just understand that unless Blake James is fired and this administration actually has a desire to see Miami football be great, we aren't likely to even hire someone better, just more of the same, with probably even worse recruiting. So if you want Diaz fired you should be even louder about James first. Otherwise nothing changes.

Advertisement
Disagree about Keontra Smith. He was all over the field. And I think the fan base is just stuck on complaining about the linebackers. don't think they hurt the team last night at all- Flagg even sacked Bryce Young. If you are talking about 17 & 44, I would agree.

Offensive game plan was awful for most of the first half. Didn't help the OL at all. Subbing for Scaife seemed to help.

Chaney clearly more vision as a RB.

To me, I kept waiting for all that "press man coverage" we were supposed to see from TRob....

Advertisement
A$$hlee paragraph could not have been more true. QB draw from the SHOTGUN on 4th and goal from the .5 yd line when your o-line can’t block **** said it all…CIS crowned him last season, LOL at anyone who thinks this guy is bolting somewhere for a HC position. There was not one creative play-call yesterday, nothing from the clips at SMU that got me excited for his future here. Inside zone to oblivion to set up what? A slant? A WR bubble screen? A prayer deep ball? A roll out for a 3 yd pass in the flat? Because that’s all we pretty much ran today. He’s extremely overrated until he can prove he can score vs. a competent team.

Clemson: 3 points at half (our TD was that blocked Field Goal); 10 points total with our lone TD coming mid 4Q.

UNC (trash D might I add): 10 points at half, (26 overall)

Bama: 103 yds at half and more that half of em were on the final drive of the 1H, 3 points. Finished with 13 points, averaged 5.6 yards per passing attempt 😂

Oh and Saban just ran another bubble screen with 2 WRs out wide guarded by 1 DB, while our safety is 10 yds back ready to come forward and miss a tackle in space. 7-8 yards, rinse repeat. Manure is a trash D coordinator who preaches aggressiveness and tenacity, but plays soft as baby **** coverage in the back

I believe there is enough talent on the roster to win every game remaining on the schedule, but I am confident that it will not happen. Sometimes in life you have to accept your role, and UM is not a championship calibre team. Even if Manny somehow flukes his way into the ACCCG, he will get smashed by Clemson...again. I accept that UM will never compete for championships until the school makes a commitment to winning championships and not just cheap slogans.

Disagree about Keontra Smith. He was all over the field. And I think the fan base is just stuck on complaining about the linebackers. don't think they hurt the team last night at all- Flagg even sacked Bryce Young. If you are talking about 17 & 44, I would agree.

Offensive game plan was awful for most of the first half. Didn't help the OL at all. Subbing for Scaife seemed to help.

Chaney clearly more vision as a RB.

To me, I kept waiting for all that "press man coverage" we were supposed to see from TRob....
Agreed, Smith and Flagg weren't the problem per say. The biggest issue I saw was the poor arm tackles. #8 Ivey was awful (tackling and coverage) and #26 Hall seems lost in the middle of the field. He lacks the instincts necessary to be a starting safety. I also don't need to see 44 and 17 again. Move on to any other LB for the remainder of the season.

#24 KK and #0 JW made the most of their playing time. They should continue to see the field as much as possible.

The DL has a whole was not bad, we are lacking dominant DE's but overall, should be fine as the season goes on. #81HH flashed the most and is our best DT. Would love to see #56 LT get some action.

Tackling needs to be an emphasis going forward. It's a simple fundamental, but we are so bad at it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lashlee got a lot of deserved credit last year for improving us against the middling ACC teams and for basically not being Enos. That’s of course great. We got nice little playcalling paragraphs on here showing how he baits terrible defensive coordinators into big plays. Again those writeups were conditional against mediocre to bad defenses. It’s one of those things where one of those writeups appeases most of the general board and all history of proof is ignored in some feel good narrative. Kind of like the history of vaccine benefits versus the natural immunity route on the Covid board due to one paper with massive study design and analysis issues (and ignoring the clearly reduced risks with both one vaccination shot and prior infection. But the right media ignored that in their tweets as well as dozens of other points): people are easily appeased on this board with limited knowledge or effort. It goes with Covid and it goes with football apparently, too.

Otherwise (see posts above) any defensive coordinator with a pulse is going to have his number. We won’t face a defense like Bama again, sure, unless we make it to the ACC championship game and then it will be another Venables clinic against him.

It should be an easier path, shouldn’t it? Playing in the trashy acc? I want to believe there was some game one rust but again this is by far the most experienced team we’ve had in what, almost this century? There was no excuse not at least put the players in better positions with better offensive and defensive coaching again Bama. There were a lot of problems last night outside of the talent disparity.

Really trying to stay optimistic with only one game sample sizes but with the history of Manny and Lashlee it’s hard to not to foresee more problems. In that VT game UNC and VT clearly have better defensive coaching than we do. UNCs green offense and Searels offensive line were shockingly bad so maybe that inflated VTs defense. But VTs players were always making plays and in excellent position. UNCs defense is way more physical and experienced than last year and will again be a problem for Lashlee if he doesn’t adapt. Our saving grace in that game could be that Searels offensive line but given its an away game where we’ve sucked in recent history and they have 5 more games to improve offensively, who really knows.

Its still early and we can always win out but right now Michigan State, VT, UNC simply because it’s at their place with an improved defense, and NC State all look like challenges given how we coach. Maybe Bama absolutely destroys everyone this year again and this first game was hopefully anomalous to the rest of our season? I don’t see it given the history of coaching issues under Manny but it’s a real possibility. Hopefully that’s correct but I’m a little more doubtful.

I also think the problem is fans have seen how this plays out with past coaches and the wheels are starting to roll towards Mannys demise.

Advertisement
Oh and Saban just ran another bubble screen with 2 WRs out wide guarded by 1 DB, while our safety is 10 yds back ready to come forward and miss a tackle in space. 7-8 yards, rinse repeat. Manure is a trash D coordinator who preaches aggressiveness and tenacity, but plays soft as baby **** coverage in the back
The gameplan and play calling from Manny and Lashlee was so bad I’m almost apathetic to the 2021 season.

how does a recruit watch this and say I want these two guys coaching me?

unless they were Sunny Dykes’ plays the OC we were hoping to get in Lashlee is scam artist

Advertisement
You are fooling yourself if you think we won’t struggle against virtually everyone on our schedule. We will have to outscore people bc our defense will struggle the whole year. We’re back to a 9-3/8-4 type of year, I’m afraid unless something drastic happens with the philosophy of this team on offense and defense

take this to the bank

whoever Miami plays I’m taking them plus the points

take this to the bank

whoever Miami plays I’m taking them plus the points

yep, the sad thing is even after year 2 of lash, we are still predictable On offense - that should worry everyone. I won’t even get into the defense bc that is a mess…we’re going to get gashed all year unless something drastic changes in its philosophy and personnel.

Advertisement
Back