Sean Taylor or Ed Reed

Sean Taylor is the greatest position for position football player of all time. I feel like you could him at any position and would dominate.
Ed Reed is the greatest free safety of all time. His playmaking ability, leadership and intangibles is what set him apart. He brought an intellect to the defense.
At free safety I would take Ed Reed. If I just wanted to choose a football player I would take Sean Taylor first.
I meant Sean Taylor is the greatest position-for-position Hurricane football player of all time.

Advertisement
Sean Taylor is the greatest position for position football player of all time. I feel like you could him at any position and would dominate.
Ed Reed is the greatest free safety of all time. His playmaking ability, leadership and intangibles is what set him apart. He brought an intellect to the defense.
At free safety I would take Ed Reed. If I just wanted to choose a football player I would take Sean Taylor first.
pretty much sums it up!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree but people never speak on ST leasdership cuz he wasnt vocal. He didnt have to talk tho cuz that first hit let everybody know who was in the building!

Advertisement
Blessed to see both play and both were stellar representatives of Miami football but I give Sean Taylor the edge by a slight margin.

Advertisement
hard to compare - reed played for 4 years. ST only put up stats as a DB for two seasons. you have to give it to reed on that alone but that one year taylor had 10 Ints was great.

I’d have to go with Reed only because he may have been a bit more of a team leader.

PS. Bennie Blades is right there with them statistically and as a leader. He was a complete beast who was a huge factor in the foundation of toughness it took to play at the U.

Nothing given, everything earned.

Advertisement
Back