Scrimmage two thoughts

The 1 v 2 thing is going to be the new cause for the worry warts. Pretty sure Richt has an idea of how to practice.

Yep, besides, 1s v 2s is a practice norm in CFB - at least it has been for 20+ years.

Why are people obsessed over kayaa's arm? Jeezus.

Advertisement
1s V 2s is what happens at most major D1, schools and all the NFL teams. Stop making issues up. God you people whine so much.

Forgive me if I missed it, but what's the word with Jack Allison? Did he scrimmage?

I'm curious to see the 1 vs 1 in terms of line play. If the offensive line can keep Kaaya clean against coach Kul's group then I'll feel better about them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With our linebacker corps fairly thin, one would think we would be hearing more about Charles Perry. He was a highly regarded recruit at a position of need. DMoney, Pete, or anyone else: Any idea why he is not getting any burn?

Forgive me if I missed it, but what's the word with Jack Allison? Did he scrimmage?

He did. Threw a pick-6 to Corn Elder on a screen that got messed up. Still raw but it's not hard to see the talent.

With our linebacker corps fairly thin, one would think we would be hearing more about Charles Perry. He was a highly regarded recruit at a position of need. DMoney, Pete, or anyone else: Any idea why he is not getting any burn?

He's getting a lot of reps, mostly with the 2s. He's competing with Grace (a senior) and McCloud so his position has some talent. He will be good on ST this year as he continues to get stronger.

Adjustment period for some kids takes longer. Quarterman, Pickney, McCloud all LB's strictly. Perry probably played more RB in high school than LB? I know he was more of a 2 way player. He also came in undersized, and he has been on campus for about 18 months.

Also DMoney, i heard a talent analysis of Kaaya say on sale of 1-10 arm strength he is a 6. You agree?

Advertisement
Did Willis dominate from DT or DE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linebacker not getting into dangerous territory depth wise, they already there. DBs too. Injury bug gonna hit sometime during season.
I think we are ok...Pinkney is not that serious..Owen is ok...preventive maintenace...if I were king of the canes ... I would not get him reinjured before Ga Tech...i would continue to let him recover...from what i hear Gordiner has stepped up taking all his reps qith the ones...Mike Smith is also stepping up...today we are a lot deeper at LB than we are at QB..LBs is going to be a trial but i feel we will be okay...Dan Morgan came in as true fresh MLB and did okay...I think Shaq will get better with each game..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Did Willis dominate from DT or DE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DT. Dont let all this he getting reps at DE stuff throw you off. His primary spot is DT and he might get reps here and there at DE. And i think he will lead the DTs in sacks this year.

Last edited:
I am really concerned that our 1s are not going against our 1s. The 1s need to see the 1s or they will be surprised by the speed of the game when we play FAMU.

Advertisement
Linebacker not getting into dangerous territory depth wise, they already there. DBs too. Injury bug gonna hit sometime during season.
I think we are ok...Pinkney is not that serious..Owen is ok...preventive maintenace...if I were king of the canes ... I would not get him reinjured before Ga Tech...i would continue to let him recover...from what i hear Gordiner has stepped up taking all his reps qith the ones...Mike Smith is also stepping up...today we are a lot deeper at LB than we are at QB..LBs is going to be a trial but i feel we will be okay...Dan Morgan came in as true fresh MLB and did okay...I think Shaq will get better with each game..

Spence, lewis, and perryman played as freshman too and were pretty **** good.

I'm very excited for the upcoming season...apart from the obvious depth concerns at LB. Many of the key components are there, with a few nice bonuses!!

1. Mature team with many returning starters
2. Great QB
3. Favorable schedule
4. Great coaching

Bonuses is that our attacking D-Line will hopefully take pressure off of these young LBs and secondary. Also coach Kool factor.

Adjustment period for some kids takes longer. Quarterman, Pickney, McCloud all LB's strictly. Perry probably played more RB in high school than LB? I know he was more of a 2 way player. He also came in undersized, and he has been on campus for about 18 months.

Also DMoney, i heard a talent analysis of Kaaya say on sale of 1-10 arm strength he is a 6. You agree?

No kaayas arm is not that weak.... It's about an 8. He can make all the throws with ease especially at this level. I think his freshman year showed the scope of his arm... It will only get stronger as he gains weight

Last edited:

Sean spence and Denzel perryman did too

Advertisement
Back