Scrimmage Notes

Advertisement
1712440040373.gif

I’m not buying the Lofton hype at RB until I see it live when the band starts playing.

You cannot convince me that a true freshman converted TE will generate Miami-like production at the RB position. Think about it rationally without the CIS spring ball hype.

I suggest everyone stop drinking the kool-aid and start contributing to Canes Connection because we are gong to need a highly productive, proven RB from the portal to have any chance of winning 10 games this year. I’m not counting on Lofton.

//quietly prays that Lofton is the truth ‘cuz we in trouble at the RB position//
Lofton had 16 rushing TDs during his last 2 years at Bishop Gorman. Not a fluke at RB.

Advertisement
I heard Lofton had to catch a flight at Miami International Airport so he could headline at Wrestlemania this weekend. Surprise run-in to cost Roman Reigns the title vs Cody Rhodes. Lofton takes out each member of The Bloodline, and finally The Rock, allowing Cody to get the pinfall.

Last edited:
I heard Lofton had to catch a flight at Miami International Airport so he could headline at Wrestlemania this weekend. Surprise run-in to cost Roman Reigns the title vs Cody Rhodes. Lofton takes out each member of The Bloodline, and finally The Rock, allowing Cody to get the pinfall.
I heard through "Sauces" that Lofton wins the Belt outright... Headlines Summerslam vs The Rock , wins and faces Cody at next years Wrestlemania where WWE finds another way to ***** Cody out of finishing "the story".....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cam Ward - made some nice throws. Good feet in the pocket. Missed on a couple deep shots, but hit one really nice one on a deep post

Reese - very quick decisions. Made some nice plays. Was better that Emory today IMO

Emory - his ball was a little erratic today. Comes out of his hand funny sometimes

Jacurri- his ball placement is not great. Threw behind on a TE crosser and then in the ground on another.

Chris Johnson and CWH are both fast, but need to add muscle to their frames.

Citizen is built different. Banged his hand or finger up early in practice but came back. Definitely runs hard and can move the pile. Didn't get a chance to see him open up much.

Lofton stole the show at RB, patient in the hole and then explodes. I saw him with two huge runs. Seems very natural at back.

Either Horton or Trader had a beautiful post from Ward. X is unreal in the slot. Ray Ray and Washington both made some nice plays. Arroyo had some nice plays. Very athletic running routes.

OLine looked pretty good. Have a few undersized players on 2nd and 3rd that we need to recruit over. Samson was starting at LG.

D-Line was very active. Bain was back in and looked good. Lightfoot is very fast, but needs to add some weight. McConathy made some plays. He'll be a good one in a couple years. Wayne looked good as well. Alston wasn't in but looks very well built for a stand up Edge.

LB's look so much better than a couple years ago. Have size and athleticism. Pulliam had a pick 6 off Jacurri, Bissainthe was lined up all over the place. Washington blew up a RB and made a couple of plays in coverage. Pruitt needs to add some more weight but is very instinctual.

DB's played pretty well from what I saw. The D was winning the scrimmage portion for the first 3/4 drives. Reese came in and moved them down the field but inside the 5 Zaquan blew up the RB and caused a fumble the D recovered. Cam led a drive that was mostly Lofton running it, but made a few plays.

Overall the team was going hard. I didn't see any real injuries but I had to leave with about 5mins left. The 2 deep looks very good. Ward will make the O dangerous. Need a little more depth in the secondary, but those boys were playing pretty well today.
Thanks & we appreciate u

The staff is ecstatic about his playmaking ability and barring injury or a mental meltdown TVD style he should contribute in a major way.

In regards to our offensive makeup the RB should be highlighted with our OLine. When Lofton has received carries back there he has flashed. From what I’m told making the coaches think even more about what his final or primary playing position should be. For the team and his long term goals. He isn’t the home run hitter everyone wanted, but he might be the best RB on the roster as currently devised with our Oline. He would be hands down the best blocker and receiver out of the RB room and is showing the ability to flash.
I could see giving the defense fits of confusion as we trot out a two back set with Lofton at FB, and CJ at RB...the power guy and the speed guy, and then move one out wide to a receiver position during pre-snap motion.

Advertisement
Cam Ward - made some nice throws. Good feet in the pocket. Missed on a couple deep shots, but hit one really nice one on a deep post

Reese - very quick decisions. Made some nice plays. Was better that Emory today IMO

Emory - his ball was a little erratic today. Comes out of his hand funny sometimes

Jacurri- his ball placement is not great. Threw behind on a TE crosser and then in the ground on another.

Chris Johnson and CWH are both fast, but need to add muscle to their frames.

Citizen is built different. Banged his hand or finger up early in practice but came back. Definitely runs hard and can move the pile. Didn't get a chance to see him open up much.

Lofton stole the show at RB, patient in the hole and then explodes. I saw him with two huge runs. Seems very natural at back.

Either Horton or Trader had a beautiful post from Ward. X is unreal in the slot. Ray Ray and Washington both made some nice plays. Arroyo had some nice plays. Very athletic running routes.

OLine looked pretty good. Have a few undersized players on 2nd and 3rd that we need to recruit over. Samson was starting at LG.

D-Line was very active. Bain was back in and looked good. Lightfoot is very fast, but needs to add some weight. McConathy made some plays. He'll be a good one in a couple years. Wayne looked good as well. Alston wasn't in but looks very well built for a stand up Edge.

LB's look so much better than a couple years ago. Have size and athleticism. Pulliam had a pick 6 off Jacurri, Bissainthe was lined up all over the place. Washington blew up a RB and made a couple of plays in coverage. Pruitt needs to add some more weight but is very instinctual.

DB's played pretty well from what I saw. The D was winning the scrimmage portion for the first 3/4 drives. Reese came in and moved them down the field but inside the 5 Zaquan blew up the RB and caused a fumble the D recovered. Cam led a drive that was mostly Lofton running it, but made a few plays.

Overall the team was going hard. I didn't see any real injuries but I had to leave with about 5mins left. The 2 deep looks very good. Ward will make the O dangerous. Need a little more depth in the secondary, but those boys were playing pretty well today.
Great summary. Thank you.

Advertisement
Back