Scrimmage and other crap

Advertisement
Actually in spring it was dead even with Carter. Ac probably had the better spring but Frierson has had a really good fall. If I’m betting GF starts but they’ll both play a lot.
Thanks for the info. Has he dropped the bad weight?

I am well aware, but my post was a response to cribby saying that it was close/a battle. I was simply emphasizing that it shouldn't be. All good.
I think some are stuck on his time at safety, striker isn’t safety. He’s actually gotten some burn there before I believe at Pitt when we had injuries and he played well. He’s always been a good blitzer, especially in the a/b gaps. He also brings a physicality to the defense.

I’ve talked to couple folks who watch alot of practices and both rave on him at striker. He’ll never be great in space but we’re asking a lot less of him at his current position.

Advertisement
When you're doing everything on a phone, it gets harder to start switching back and forth to a roster. I guess I'll have t start memorizing numbers. If the team is more exciting and successful, I'll probably pay closer attention instead of starting to doze into a Bidenesque stupor.

Numbers I remember:
Bosseler - 40
Mira -- 10
Bill Miller (WR) -- 82
Dan Connors -- 74
Hendricks -- 89
Jim Dooley -- 42

I can probably think of others. I hope I'm right on all of these. These are some of the greatest names in UM football history. All went on to successful pro careers, some more than others. I think only Bosseler is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Bill Miller shared a Super Bowl record for most TDs in a game at two. Shared it for many years. Don't know what the record is now.

Dan Connors was the linchpin of tough Oakland Raiders defenses for years at LB. He was a OT-DT at UM. Switched from tackle to LB as did Sam Huff.

I'll check and see how many I got right.
I only use this site on my phone. I have about 10 tabs open in google chrome. Very simple to switch between tabs or open new and close tabs just as if you were on a PC.

So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
Print a roster like all us other old people do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you're doing everything on a phone, it gets harder to start switching back and forth to a roster. I guess I'll have t start memorizing numbers. If the team is more exciting and successful, I'll probably pay closer attention instead of starting to doze into a Bidenesque stupor.

Numbers I remember:
Bosseler - 40
Mira -- 10
Bill Miller (WR) -- 82
Dan Connors -- 74
Hendricks -- 89
Jim Dooley -- 42

I can probably think of others. I hope I'm right on all of these. These are some of the greatest names in UM football history. All went on to successful pro careers, some more than others. I think only Bosseler is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Bill Miller shared a Super Bowl record for most TDs in a game at two. Shared it for many years. Don't know what the record is now.

Dan Connors was the linchpin of tough Oakland Raiders defenses for years at LB. He was a OT-DT at UM. Switched from tackle to LB as did Sam Huff.

I'll check and see how many I got right.
A lot of Canes were Raiders in the old AFL/early NFL; Jim Otto too (00)

Advertisement
I can’t say that I disagree
The way people are talking about Keontra is that even gonna be available for the other Smith to take next year? If we see all the subpackages you mentioned maybe Chase won't have a true position going forward. He and James Williams can be like what Clemson used Simmons for.

Advertisement
Defense easily won the day

Zion is still out but is expected to play vs Bama, if he's not back sometime this week I'd get concerned.

Kitchens, Williams and chase will all play this season with kitchens coming on strong. A very smart player.

McCloud had another sack

All the backs played well , even both Fr. Rooster had a long tun. Brown is ahead of Thad and more of a complete back

Harvey and Taylor played well

Tvd had a really good day, I'd be surprised if he's not #2. The battle will go on all year

Curtis played a good amount and played well

X man 2 td, one long (Tvd with both) X has been a beast in every scrimmage

De is thin but played well. Depth makes me nervous

Seymour is one Fr who could play on the ol

The three Fr wr did their same ole thang, I expect them to play a lot this year

Smith and Flagg look to be the guys, both had good days.

K Smith had a td grab on Al, good to see blades back out there

The only spot on d thats still open imo is de between 12,53 and 33

Offense looks locked in as well, minus Zion or a possible suspension the ol rotation looks to be set, most battles are for depth chart spots

TS or Rambo look to be pr's

A lot of walk ons and backups got pt yesterday
These should be called Cribby's Cribbits

Advertisement
Back