Scrimmage and other crap

Nowhere near like last year , their snaps will be dramatically different
Look Up Adam Sandler GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
If Elijah is going to stick at DT he needs to beef up.He's been around 265-270 since he got here.
Yeah he looks physically like a de to me. He looks so skinny next to the other dts. I don't see him doing much other than rushing on third downs unless he moves to end or gains about 20lbs

We don’t have a rock solid striker candidate for next year if we move chase smith to wlb. I say keep him there if he takes to it and plays well. Keontra most likely will be back for his senior year. You have a linebacker corps including keontra and chase with maybe Flagg. I like that

Then move chase to wlb for his junior year if he outgrows striker.

I’m all about versatility. We have the guys for it. Carter Gilbert chase keontra James can all play wlb striker and safety in a pinch

Advertisement
Any news on Brooks from the scrimmage or in general ?
Get brooks to 230lbs and put him in the middle to split reps with Flagg next season, with those two in the middle we can rotate the 3 outside backers of Keyantra, Chase, and Wesley

We don’t have a rock solid striker candidate for next year if we move chase smith to wlb. I say keep him there if he takes to it and plays well. Keontra most likely will be back for his senior year. You have a linebacker corps including keontra and chase with maybe Flagg. I like that

Then move chase to wlb for his junior year if he outgrows striker.

I’m all about versatility. We have the guys for it. Carter Gilbert chase keontra James can all play wlb striker and safety in a pinch
J. Herrall will move to the striker next year at 6-2 200lbs he will be that big safety that can cover the TEs

Advertisement
Nah dude - sit this thread out
So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
Ok boomer. Have a Metamucil with your Sanka next time before you post.

Advertisement
Actually in spring it was dead even with Carter. Ac probably had the better spring but Frierson has had a really good fall. If I’m betting GF starts but they’ll both play a lot.
They complement each other well especially if you want to go big nickel with two strikers. But Amari is your box striker and Gil is your coverage striker, and can be deployed in various ways.

Back to that big nickel.

You could see your Mike and and Will along with two strikers, two of Amari, Gil, Chase and JW. Your versatile is sky high with the strikers like never before.

Advertisement
I mentioned other day Sam played some mike, I figured that was more because of cave being out but he’s still getting reps there. I love how the lb’s are getting time at both spots.

Lastly Elijah was at dt yesterday , so I’m not sure where getting time at de stands or is that just for emergencies.

Seems like Manny as a DC, especially back in 2016/2017 time frame, used to rotate his ends into the interior (as DT’s) from time to time.

Cribby-

Why are we wasting time with Chase Smith at #3 striker when he is a starter at WLB next year?
I think tho he probably is a Will future tense, having him at striker gives him more time to work in his ability to cover. Considering he has limited film going backwards his responsibilities as a will to cover 10 yards and under will be helped by getting coverage coaching from TROB.

Thanks for the tidbits.
What would you say overall is most encouraging of the team? What would you say is most worrisome?

Advertisement
Back