Scrimmage and other crap

IIRC Kitchens had an INT in his first practice and has just basically continued to demand playing time this year

love to hear it especially since we’ve lacked big plays on the backend for a little while
I think we have 7 INTs over the last 2 years…

Advertisement
......he is literally one of the worst open field tacklers that I have ever seen. Literally. You must have him confused with someone else. He is only good for big illegal hits where the player that he is tackling is defenseless. He has been getting shook out his shoes in the open field since 2018.
He looks like he's running around with his helmet on backwards half the time.

He didn’t show up in spring in the best shape but he looks like himself now.
That’s insane to me. Starting job and NFL on the horizon with a first game scheduled vs Bama and you’re not driven to come in right?

Advertisement
I mentioned other day Sam played some mike, I figured that was more because of cave being out but he’s still getting reps there. I love how the lb’s are getting time at both spots.

Lastly Elijah was at dt yesterday , so I’m not sure where getting time at de stands or is that just for emergencies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mentioned other day Sam played some mike, I figured that was more because of cave being out but he’s still getting reps there. I love how the lb’s are getting time at both spots.

Lastly Elijah was at dt today , so I’m not sure where getting time at de stands or is that just for emergencies.
If Elijah is going to stick at DT he needs to beef up.He's been around 265-270 since he got here.

People can crap on me all they want. Carter is a good tackler. Yes he was terrible vs UNC. But he’s been one of our better tacklers in the open field. And he hits like a Mack truck.
if he’s one of our better tacklers we’re screwed… he doesn’t ever wrap up because He thi is he’s a great hitter but he only is when the Other guy isn’t looking

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was just talking to somebody about him,I think he gets a bum wrap. We had two smallish guards playing beside him last year which put more on his plate. He had bad moments but the entire interior had bad moments.

I've heard nothing but positive things about him in camp , the coaches and players seem to love him.
Good. I have always thought that Gaynor got a bad rap on here but he is not.that bad at all imo.

Advertisement
Back