Scrimmage #3 Stats / Discussion

don't like that completion pct vs scout team, but with Young getting a pick sounds like scout team had good players on it

:monkey-serious:

Young was playing against the scout team offense dumbass!

**** weed

Really? Your deflection for your obvious lack of football knowledge is to blame it on weed?

I swear we have some dumbass fans

it was sarcasm for a brainfart Bill walsh, now please proceed to enlighten the world with your football prowess

Advertisement
Richt misspoke. 18-32 makes a lot more sense than 18-22, and it's still a reasonable completion percentage (56%).

As mentioned, balls were wet, not unlike mine on a Saturday night, Richt specifically mentioned drops, and AR and Brax didn't play. That production in those circumstances, no INTs...Daddy likes.

Objectively, regardless of weather, that's a poor completion rate vs. our scout team. The drops are on the receivers. They need to secure the ball more. But the batted balls and bad throws are on Rosier no matter how slippery the football is. We won't accept that excuse when we play at Pitt in November, we shouldn't accept it now. I hope and expect him to play better as he gets his sea legs.

Not knowing how many drops there were really makes it illogical to bash that percentage. Were there 2 drops or 6? Those are solid numbers in a downpour.

Richt misspoke. 18-32 makes a lot more sense than 18-22, and it's still a reasonable completion percentage (56%).

As mentioned, balls were wet, not unlike mine on a Saturday night, Richt specifically mentioned drops, and AR and Brax didn't play. That production in those circumstances, no INTs...Daddy likes.

Objectively, regardless of weather, that's a poor completion rate vs. our scout team. The drops are on the receivers. They need to secure the ball more. But the batted balls and bad throws are on Rosier no matter how slippery the football is. We won't accept that excuse when we play at Pitt in November, we shouldn't accept it now. I hope and expect him to play better as he gets his sea legs.

Not knowing how many drops there were really makes it illogical to bash that percentage. Were there 2 drops or 6? Those are solid numbers in a downpour.

Richt said rosier had some bad throws, some were dropped, and some were batted down.. Said the offense was inconsistent.

During the season I don't see Rosier throwing the ball 32 times in a half, unless we have to. I know they started down 24-0 in the 3rd that played into it also.
We do have the play makers and speed at WR to throw it that much tho and not saying Rosier cant do it but.....
They are protecting Walton at this point he only ran it 7 times for 60 yards 2 TDs. He is going to touch the ball more then 7 times in a half.
Rosier the starting QB lets ride

Last edited:
Advertisement
The scout team defensive line was Garvin, Ford, DJ Johnson and Patchan. Wow. That's probably as good or better a DL than 9 teams on the schedule this season.

I know it's "Bethune" (i.e. Miami's scout team) but you gotta figure down 24 at the half after a torrential downpour and still throwing it 32 times... That ain't bad. It's certainly not "halfback pass in a snowstorm" bad.

The scout team defensive line was Garvin, Ford, DJ Johnson and Patchan. Wow. That's probably as good or better a DL than 9 teams on the schedule this season.

lol dang. We're finally getting back to where our scout team D is better than most opponents' first team... 'Bout time.

Hope that was against the #2 defense. Looks like there was a Robert Burns sighting.
unbreakable-mr-glass.jpg

Advertisement

That is the sickest scout team D line we have had since the JJ days, and I'm not sure it's even close. I know we had talent in 2001-2002, but these guys are all difference makers.... on the SCOUT team? Wow.

Advertisement

lol dang. We're finally getting back to where our scout team D is better than most opponents' first team... 'Bout time.

They played DJ inside?

I believe Porter is the one who reported it, so they could have been rotating in with other guys or on the field at the same time. But all of those guys are probably third team right now, and that's not even a knock on them at all. Which, to me, is the really crazy thing. Extremely talented young guys who are going to have to earn playing time instead of being forced in to action. If they get snaps, it's because they're really ******* good.

Matt Porter said the scrimmage ended before the rain so WTF came up with this wet ball bull****?

:durantunimpressed:

Last edited:

Matt Porter said the scrimmage ended before the rain so WTF came up with this wet ball bull****?

Well he was wrong. It rained at the start of the scrimmage. Richt talked about it.

Advertisement
18-32 (56%) for Rosier; not 18-22 (82%).

That's horrific.

Kaaya threw two picks including a pick six as he was driving for the win in the same situation last year.

Rosier isn't a finished a product but he didn't turn the ball over in the rain and his team "won" without the benefit of having Mark Walton being able to break tackles and pick up extra yards.

What the **** does that have to do with Rosier stinking it up against the scout team? You might as well be saying "Kirby Freeman went 1-17 against NC State". Completely irrelevant.

Kaaya carved up our defense in fall camp last year. Same can't be said for Rosier.

18-32 (56%) for Rosier; not 18-22 (82%).

That's horrific.

Kaaya threw two picks including a pick six as he was driving for the win in the same situation last year.

Rosier isn't a finished a product but he didn't turn the ball over in the rain and his team "won" without the benefit of having Mark Walton being able to break tackles and pick up extra yards.

What the **** does that have to do with Rosier stinking it up against the scout team? You might as well be saying "Kirby Freeman went 1-17 against NC State". Completely irrelevant.

Kaaya carved up our defense in fall camp last year. Same can't be said for Rosier.

Rosier won though

Advertisement
Back