Scrimmage 2 Highlights

Advertisement
Rayshawn wasn't bad here just injury prone. Elder was good most of his career but got significantly better as senior. I'm speaking more in terms of a ex: McCloud going from terrible to even ok.
Rayshawn and corn were part of historically bad defenses. Shawn couldn’t stay on the field. Corn was always behind Burns, Gunter Tracy and hasn’t proved anything beyond being a solid return guy and sub package player. Why there were questions surrounding that spot. And why we brought in a Dee Delaney.

53 hasn’t been terrible. Through all the bashing that’s become mostly a running joke at some point it’s gone a lil bit too far. Huge drop off between him and shaq at taking over Mike last szn, absolutely. I saw that coming. But when I think terrible I think Of guys who didn’t do nothing apart of historically bad units. That hadn’t been the case his first couple years. That’s why last szn was such a disappointment because ppl expected more due to his athletic profile coming off a injury riddled 2019 year.

Average play at Mike at Miami isn’t good enough here. Standard is too high for that. Can he have a productive year at RE for us? I think he certainly has the tools to do that. But if the standard is All Conf/AA type play or your terrible with no middle ground for 53 then yes whatever he does this szn will be considered terrible since he’s been written off by so many

Advertisement
Rayshawn and corn were part of historically bad defenses. Shawn couldn’t stay on the field. Corn was always behind Burns, Gunter Tracy and hasn’t proved anything beyond being a solid return guy and sub package player. Why there were questions surrounding that spot. And why we brought in a Dee Delaney.

53 hasn’t been terrible. Through all the bashing that’s become mostly a running joke at some point it’s gone a lil bit too far. Huge drop off between him and shaq at taking over Mike last szn, absolutely. I saw that coming. But when I think terrible I think Of guys who didn’t do nothing apart of historically bad units. That hadn’t been the case his first couple years. That’s why last szn was such a disappointment because ppl expected more due to his athletic profile coming off a injury riddled 2019 year.

Average play at Mike at Miami isn’t good enough here. Standard is too high for that. Can he have a productive year at RE for us? I think he certainly has the tools to do that. But if the standard is All Conf/AA type play or your terrible with no middle ground for 53 then yes whatever he does this szn will be considered terrible since he’s been written off by so many
There can not be a way you watched a Miami game and didn't think 53 was historically horrible. He was out of position, he missed his reads, he took bad angles, he got drug for extra yards. Literally every facet of the game you need a LB for 53 was a liability. I've seen some bad takes on here but this is by far the worst. If your point is he wasn't the worst player in Miami history who cares. He was a 5th year senior that started day 1 and underperformed every day after. He was the first LB replaced and the only one from last season that was so bad he changed positions. Average would have been a severe upgrade over Jennings and 53.

Literally.....ALL THE FCKIN TIME

all these posters begging for Manny to cut Carter, McCloud, Hall, Wiggins, Pope, Jennings and Ivey before spring ball are clueless as to football. Dont follow the crowd just because they are the majority.

In college, seniors literally step up their game very frequently. Does it happen all the time? No, but it is very frequent.

Even Knowles who was one of the worst players here for 3 years, was solid in his last year.
Mike Harley is another example...senior year it finally clicked

Advertisement
Recruits and families of players was the last thing I heard. That was last week.

Yeah I’m about 99.9% sure I heard Manny saying in a recent interview say no fans.

Definitely recruits and families though, so it may look like there are a few fans, but that’s who it would be

So Corn Elder and Rayshawn Jenkins bad, McCloud good. That's some scorching hot contrarianism man. You must be a blast at parties.

"Actually Empire Strikes Back sucked. The Black Hole was a sci-fi masterpiece."

Advertisement
So Corn Elder and Rayshawn Jenkins bad, McCloud good. That's some scorching hot contrarianism man. You must be a blast at parties.

"Actually Empire Strikes Back sucked. The Black Hole was a sci-fi masterpiece."
When did I say either of the 3 were bad in anything I wrote😂

There can not be a way you watched a Miami game and didn't think 53 was historically horrible. He was out of position, he missed his reads, he took bad angles, he got drug for extra yards. Literally every facet of the game you need a LB for 53 was a liability. I've seen some bad takes on here but this is by far the worst. If your point is he wasn't the worst player in Miami history who cares. He was a 5th year senior that started day 1 and underperformed every day after. He was the first LB replaced and the only one from last season that was so bad he changed positions. Average would have been a severe upgrade over Jennings and 53.
Glenn cook, raph Kirby, Jordan futch..the list could go on. He’s a average MLB. By our standards that’s not good enough. I don’t agree with the issues being all on the LBs last year. It was the whole front 7. Look at the DTs drop off in production and play making just as much as the LBs. It goes hand in hand. If the front doesn’t get its **** together it will be more of the same

Advertisement
Corn and Rayshawn were >>> than Mccloud, that's not really an argument is it????
Before there last szns at Miami they were question marks on how’d they do. Corn in a larger role on D. Rayshawn coming off his injuries. That’s the only thing I said. Idk how y’all read that and thought I said mccloud was better than those two...The questions surrounding 53 is how will he do at Rush end. Just like there were Questions about how corn and Shawn would do in there respective roles

What’s happened with 53 is it’s become a run on joke. Which I could care less about. But if the owness of the poor Run D is being put strictly at the feet of 53 and 44 I’d say that’s a shortsighted view. The fellas in front are just as responsible for that. And if that’s not fixed it will be more of the same

Before there last szns at Miami they were question marks on how’d they do. Corn in a larger role on D. Rayshawn coming off his injuries. That’s the only thing I said. Idk how y’all read that and thought I said mccloud was better than those two...The questions surrounding 53 is how will he do at Rush end. Just like there were Questions about how corn and Shawn would do in there respective roles

What’s happened with 53 is it’s become a run on joke. Which I could care less about. But if the owness of the poor Run D is being put strictly at the feet of 53 and 44 I’d say that’s a shortsighted view. The fellas in front are just as responsible for that. And if that’s not fixed it will be more of the same
Man they were both clearly better players than 53 before their last seasons, and now 53 has another season because of C19 and he moves to DE? The other two have played NFL downs, no chance 53 does. I'm not blaming it all on him but he is not a good CFB LB, not even average

Glenn cook, raph Kirby, Jordan futch..the list could go on. He’s a average MLB. By our standards that’s not good enough. I don’t agree with the issues being all on the LBs last year. It was the whole front 7. Look at the DTs drop off in production and play making just as much as the LBs. It goes hand in hand. If the front doesn’t get its **** together it will be more of the same
None of those guys were average they were all trash and I'd take every single one of them over Mccloud. Average equates to some form of being serviceable not being just a body on the field. The defense as a whole was down last year outside of Roche and Phillips there were few bright spots. That doesn't excuse how pitiful McCloud was. He didn't change positions because of CIS thinking he sucked if you were wondering.

Advertisement
Back