Scrimmage 2 a wrap

After debating in my mind what the three headed monster is referring to I think I am going to join the RB bandwagon

Remember all the way back in March when Malik mentioned this:

“And with running back, with Lorenzo Lingard and Travis Homer, and even Deejay Dallas back there, you can put Deejay in the slot and have Lingard and Travis in the backfield. There are very different personnel groups we will mess around with.”

Now it may be Choc who has leapfrogged Lo but whatever. We are going to see a lot of RBs getting their touches and doing things in a creative fashion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Choc has gotten rave reviews this summer. No reason to think he won't be RB3. Keep Lingard on specials until he earns time at RB.

The beautiful thing about the '3 Headed Monster' is it could be any or all of the units mentioned. We don't know for sure, and best of all LSU won't know either.

Try game-planning for 3 WRs and 3 RBs and 3 TEs... LOL!

I think it’s the RBs Homer, Dallas, and Choc Gray bc DJ Dallas responded to the tweet is the only hunch I’m going off of.

Which also means the OL has shown a lot of improvement as well going up against our defense

Advertisement
If Malik just plays this season like how he did against vt and notre dame(not spectacular but game manager with a handful of big plays) we will enter the acc championship game undefeated with a realistic shot at a playoff birth win or lose

I'd rather he not have 3 interceptions in any game this season.

If Malik just plays this season like how he did against vt and notre dame(not spectacular but game manager with a handful of big plays) we will enter the acc championship game undefeated with a realistic shot at a playoff birth win or lose

You better hope he plays better and doesn't throw 3 interceptions in one game.

(Cue Rosier defenders saying he actually didn't play bad and that it was the best VTech defense in the history of the school.)

Last edited:
I'd rather he not have 3 interceptions in any game this season.
To be fair Richt did not fault him for two of the INTS. Made it clear to emphasize one was tipped at the line and one was a spectacular effort by the DB who was taller than Thomas and made a great play.

When you hear the term “two headed or three headed monster” in football, it almost always is a reference to running backs and the running game. It means you have 2 or 3 beasts in the backfield that can run roughshod over defenses

Folks have been using that term to refer to running backs as far back as 20 years

And it’s obvious he’s referring to the RBs because Richt said we ran the ball great

Advertisement
I think it’s the RBs Homer, Dallas, and Choc Gray bc DJ Dallas responded to the tweet is the only hunch I’m going off of.

Which also means the OL has shown a lot of improvement as well going up against our defense
RIcht has been giving positive reviews of the OL. He hasn’t really done that up to now. He doesn’t praise any unit that is not performing well. He said the 1s could play a game right now. Good sign.

Three headed monster refers to a mythical beast with three heads. In modern sports nomenclature it is often appropriated to mean “a threat of three persons” or a “person with three skillful attributes”. I think both are a mistake in this context, and here’s why:

My guess is that Malik has an engaging History professor and he’s finally excited about the subject for the first time since he learned the Greek alphabet in 9th grade. It’s opened up his eyes to the opportunity of teaching after football, and brought him back to an old dream of shaping young hearts and minds with intentional, passionate mentoring.

Still seeing himself as distinct from his current academic setting of a university, he is likely considering an education model that attempts to do more than train students who are more or less in the twighlight of their scholastic career. Because of this, I presume he will look to join the faculty of a school that practices Classical Education, which focuses on training the whole student (ie, person) rather than a bunch of subjects.

This assessment is pretty easily confirmed by the comments of Deejay Dallas and Brevin Jordan. Dallas is watching this transition occur in real time, having seen the dead hearted apathy that Rosier lived in last year. He’s bearing witness to Rosier’s transition from middling student last year to the charismatic educational visionary of today.

Jordan’s tweet is not the same in form but speaks to the same reality. If we know anything about Jordan’s accolades in high school, it’s that he was a 5* AP Honor Student in History, and is expected to major in something other than sports (because Sports is not a major offered at any university). Jordan is seeing the new, pure Rosier, apart from any academic shortcomings last year, and is inspired by the raw rabidity with which he approaches the Roman conquest of Gaul.

All of this is moot is Rosier doesn’t perform on the field of academic research, but overall it is very encouraging.

All of this is to throw LSU off the scent of Deejay, Jordan and AR on the field at the same time, because that is def what this is about.
0967f889d5e7ec88cb9257501fcaa10a954a85e2_00.gif

Three headed monster refers to a mythical beast with three heads. In modern sports nomenclature it is often appropriated to mean “a threat of three persons” or a “person with three skillful attributes”. I think both are a mistake in this context, and here’s why:

My guess is that Malik has an engaging History professor and he’s finally excited about the subject for the first time since he learned the Greek alphabet in 9th grade. It’s opened up his eyes to the opportunity of teaching after football, and brought him back to an old dream of shaping young hearts and minds with intentional, passionate mentoring.

Still seeing himself as distinct from his current academic setting of a university, he is likely considering an education model that attempts to do more than train students who are more or less in the twighlight of their scholastic career. Because of this, I presume he will look to join the faculty of a school that practices Classical Education, which focuses on training the whole student (ie, person) rather than a bunch of subjects.

This assessment is pretty easily confirmed by the comments of Deejay Dallas and Brevin Jordan. Dallas is watching this transition occur in real time, having seen the dead hearted apathy that Rosier lived in last year. He’s bearing witness to Rosier’s transition from middling student last year to the charismatic educational visionary of today.

Jordan’s tweet is not the same in form but speaks to the same reality. If we know anything about Jordan’s accolades in high school, it’s that he was a 5* AP Honor Student in History, and is expected to major in something other than sports (because Sports is not a major offered at any university). Jordan is seeing the new, pure Rosier, apart from any academic shortcomings last year, and is inspired by the raw rabidity with which he approaches the Roman conquest of Gaul.

All of this is moot is Rosier doesn’t perform on the field of academic research, but overall it is very encouraging.

All of this is to throw LSU off the scent of Deejay, Jordan and AR on the field at the same time, because that is def what this is about.

**** where the **** have you been?

To be fair Richt did not fault him for two of the INTS. Made it clear to emphasize one was tipped at the line and one was a spectacular effort by the DB who was taller than Thomas and made a great play.
IMO, 3 interceptions are 3 interceptions. Malik was 11 for 22 with 3 interceptions against VT.

I think he will be much better this year for several reasons, but regarding this conversation, to reiterate, I would rather he not have 3 interceptions in any game this season.

Advertisement
IMO, 3 interceptions are 3 interceptions. Malik was 11 for 22 with 3 interceptions against VT.

I think he will be much better this year for several reasons, but regarding this conversation, to reiterate, I would rather he not have 3 interceptions in any game this season.
I would rather it too. I am sure Richt would rather it too.

But the scoreline is more important than the stat line in this case. Especially since two of the three picks Richt really did not see as damning of his play,

Advertisement
I would rather it too. I am sure Richt would rather it too.

But the scoreline is more important than the stat line in this case. Especially since two of the three picks Richt really did not see as damning of his play,
Fair point. We will have to just agree to disagree on this one. IMO, without those 3 interceptions, the game would have been put away in the 3rd quarter. At the end of the day, we won the game and equally as important, though I have been very critical of Malik in the past, I think Rosier will have a very good year this season.

Advertisement
Back