Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
Baker is our liability this season. He might as well have a soggy playsheet too.

Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Only thing I can think of is a cb thought we were in zone but the call was man. There was no lb’s in the screen so it had to be man. No cb should get beat that clean and fast on an inside route.
You act like we've never seen that before Cribs. LOL

We don't play a match zone from my knowledge, so our CB's don't transition to man coverage once a WR has gone through their zone. Looks to me like the CB stayed true to his "zone" while the WR broke inside.

Our linebackers never get a lot of depth in zone coverage anyway, so I don't know if that's necessary an indication of man coverage. Middle of our defense is always Feast City.

Then again, it could have been one of Manny's firezone blitzes.

Advertisement
Lashlee said: “Make no mistake, we believe in balance. We believe in running the football. We are not sitting here and trying throw it 70 times a game. I don’t think you can win championships doing that. Also, the strength of our team—we are going to play to our strengths and right now we have some good running backs.”

I think this Lashlee comment tells me a lot. I respect what Lashlee has done as a coach, I agree 100% with this philosophy of balance and effectively running the ball, and I find it interesting that Lashlee has assessed the players on the team and considers RBs are a “strength.” 🤔

Advertisement
Lashlee said: “Make no mistake, we believe in balance. We believe in running the football. We are not sitting here and trying throw it 70 times a game. I don’t think you can win championships doing that. Also, the strength of our team—we are going to play to our strengths and right now we have some good running backs.”

I think this Lashlee comment tells me a lot. I respect what Lashlee has done as a coach, I agree 100% with this philosophy of balance and effectively running the ball, and I find it interesting that Lashlee has assessed the players on the team and considers RBs are a “strength.” 🤔
I agree with him for most part but feel like LSU just won championship by tossing the pill majority of time and ran a TON of 5 wide sets.. Also think for our team this year RB will be strength compared to wr where we dont have impact guy atleast not going into season

I think that’s fairly obvious, honestly. He hasn’t had much of Brevin yet (no spring, no scrimmage 1) so TE has basically been Mallory and Hodges.

WRs should be OK, but there’s no alpha WR1 here (the hope is one of the freshmen or Payton becomes one at some point).

But at RB, you’ve probably got 3 NFL draft picks. You’ve got a tough, strong, dependable kid who is versatile and is your leader. And then you’ve got 2 true freshmen who are blowing people’s wigs back. Including one so quick and skilled catching the football that he could probably be your slot WR and oh yeah the other one you just brought in happens to be a 5-star talent and “The Chosen One” in Dade for the past 4+ years.

Yep, I’ll say that’s your strength.

Man lashlee showing them signs of a great coach. Can't wait to see the offense this year.

Advertisement
I agree with him for most part but feel like LSU just won championship by tossing the pill majority of time and ran a TON of 5 wide sets.. Also think for our team this year RB will be strength compared to wr where we dont have impact guy atleast not going into season
True but their strength was clearly burrow and chase and company. I think their back did run for like 1500 yards too. He was prob a top 10 or 20 back stat wise.

100%. I had to watch the play several times even in slow motion wondering why he fell down. It confused me and wondered if he was trying too hard to catch the ball instead of in stride. Weird to see from an explosive WR.
He isn’t a confident football player at this level yet. It shows on film. He finds a way to go down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back