Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
You MF'ers always carry a bias for certain players and they can do no wrong.

That throw to Pope wasn't low, it was in his stomach. You'd like to see your playmaker stay up on that catch and get YAC.

It's not a big deal , I'm sure it won't be a regular thing. But he could have stayed up.
100%. I had to watch the play several times even in slow motion wondering why he fell down. It confused me and wondered if he was trying too hard to catch the ball instead of in stride. Weird to see from an explosive WR.

Brooks and Huff look like safeties playing LBer... if the both of them are on the field at the same time IT would be a liability to have a striker on the field as well. We Need more size so we’re not getting ran over by rbs like Etienne.
You make him sound like Jerome Bettis or Derrick Henry. As RBs go, Etienne is small.

Advertisement
You also went full SMD with your question. Do you think anyone knows "why did Pope go to the ground on his catch?"

People tried to give you reasonable explanations and you respond with sarcasm. What do you want to hear? Pope sucks and should have stayed on his feet and scored therefore he should be benched from the 3 second scrimmage clip we saw? What is your end game here bud?
Yikes!!! Low blow man!!!

It’s a scrimmage brother. A simulation. What would you say if that was 3rd and 9 to ice the game and he just decided to get down? Relaxxxxxx. We’ll score and a bunch

It’s a coaching moment if there wasn’t a safety crashing down. If there was a safety crashing down the qb protected pope. If not then you tell pope “ in a game trust your hands and make the low catch , take it to the house. That’s one of the toughest catches because it’s not the natural catching position. Low and away are tough, especially in the middle of the field but the throw wasn’t as low as pope made it look.

But like I said “that’s why you have scrimmages and practices”.

Advertisement
That's not fvckin' encouraging! LOL
That's OUR DEFENSE that he's wide open against.
Only thing I can think of is a cb thought we were in zone but the call was man. There was no lb’s in the screen so it had to be man. No cb should get beat that clean and fast on an inside route.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Etienne will run your *** over and keep going
7015D860-530D-43FD-9820-8A64E45D34E9.jpeg

😂

That throw to Pope wasn't low, it was in his stomach. You'd like to see your playmaker stay up on that catch and get YAC.

It's not a big deal , I'm sure it won't be a regular thing. But he could have stayed up.
Little things like that are what separates good players from great players.

Advertisement

Actually, he couldn’t have stayed up the way he caught that ball, unless he’s a contortionist.

Advertisement
Back