Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
How times have changed! Last year that would've been a great play by Jarren & Pope. This preseason he should've scored. Relax.

I agree with him for most part but feel like LSU just won championship by tossing the pill majority of time and ran a TON of 5 wide sets.. Also think for our team this year RB will be strength compared to wr where we dont have impact guy atleast not going into season
LSU also had one of the most prolific passing attacks ever so I consider it more of an outlier but I get what you mean.

Advertisement
I agree with him for most part but feel like LSU just won championship by tossing the pill majority of time and ran a TON of 5 wide sets.. Also think for our team this year RB will be strength compared to wr where we dont have impact guy atleast not going into season
Of course they passed it a lot.
However, Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran for 1400 yards. He was no slouch.
Saban had high praise for him and Brent Venables said he was the heart and soul of their offense from what he saw.

13 pages on why Pope didn't stay on his feet after securing a catch for a first down..... in practice or practise.
I bet the fat ******** complaining about it never suited up to play a single down in a game, yet they're the experts on everything football.

Some of our Canes fans are insufferable. And wonder why the student-athletes choose to play elsewhere. You complaining idiots are impossible.

Only thing I can think of is a cb thought we were in zone but the call was man. There was no lb’s in the screen so it had to be man. No cb should get beat that clean and fast on an inside route.
If you remember @Cribby ....Butch took away the Slant/s from the get go last yr (which has always been his forte) and Enos sorry *** had Absolutely no answer...

Advertisement
If it means having your three best WRs on the field then Harley can play on the outside if needed imo.

Advertisement
Rank our toughest WRs from top to bottom please, great one.

This one's easy:

1. Restrepo - at Deerfield they called him "The Little Bulldog"
2. Harley - goes over the middle like nobody's business
3. Wiggins - doesn't shy away from contact
4. Pope - caught a hail mary
5. Worsham - country tough
6. Redding - playing through injury
7. Smith - SoCal soft until proven otherwise
8. Payton - repeatedly challenged by teammates/coaches

Advertisement
This one's easy:

1. Restrepo - at Deerfield they called him "The Little Bulldog"
2. Harley - goes over the middle like nobody's business
3. Wiggins - doesn't shy away from contact
4. Pope - caught a hail mary
5. Worsham - country tough
6. Redding - playing through injury
7. Smith - SoCal soft until proven otherwise
8. Payton - repeatedly challenged by teammates/coaches
The gift that keeps giving. You're one of the few posters over the years that actually makes me laugh. "The Little Bulldog" "Caught a Hail Mary" "SoCal soft until proven otherwise".

You MF'ers always carry a bias for certain players and they can do no wrong.

That throw to Pope wasn't low, it was in his stomach. You'd like to see your playmaker stay up on that catch and get YAC.

It's not a big deal , I'm sure it won't be a regular thing. But he could have stayed up.
Pope has a coordination problem in addition to his struggles with the playbook. Maybe likens can fix it

Pope has a coordination problem in addition to his struggles with the playbook. Maybe likens can fix it
Last season the game was still moving too fast for Mark "Shakey Jake" Pope .... just needs to settle down...it's like he has deer in the headlights...hope Likens can get him to play with more poise cuz he has all the tools to be a good player..

How do you know he has a coordination problem?...first time i have heard that! And he struggled with enos playbook not lashlee's playbook. Get your facts str8 b4 talking bout pope or any other cane!!

Advertisement
Back