Scrimmage #2 8/21

Advertisement
1629656302402.gif

Advertisement
Just give me an enjoyable game
If we stay healthy at DT and LB, we will be good against the run IMO. I think Simpson was the missing link. This is solely my opinion and no I have not attended any practices.
you think ya boy gonna start?

Advertisement
It happens. I’m not arguing it doesn’t. But notice how Clemson and Bama were both top 5 Defenses in the nation that year and made to the ship. Defense matters, and is needed to make it far. Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State are usually in the top 5 and have very good Defense’s. OU and ND are outside looking in because they don’t produce strong Defenses.
The LSU team in 2019 played 5 top 20 defenses in the country and still managed to average 49 pts per game. That's just the reality of football right now.
LSU defense was outside of the top 30. It's a lot easier to play defense when you know the other teams offense has to basically pass every play just to keep up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not rooting for him to suck he already does Lmaoo

He sucked at linebacker, yes. If someone sucks at one job, do they suck as an employee everywhere else they go? You gotta be a mental midget to think that he can't at least be serviceable at DE when his best attribute at linebacker was getting in the backfield. He doesn't have to cover anyone in space anymore, make tackles in the middle of the field. He's gotten sacks in back-to-back scrimmages against what is supposedly a much-improved offensive line, and yet you still **** on him.

Could he end up being mediocre at best at the position? Sure, it's possible. But nonetheless, You're getting very close to blackvern territory of just being next-level doom and gloom, say everything negative every chance you get just so you can rile up some feathers and beat your chest if it comes to fruition.

If we stay healthy at DT and LB, we will be good against the run IMO. I think Simpson was the missing link. This is solely my opinion and no I have not attended any practices.
Recent JHH interview was eye-opening.

Said they were playing behind blocks a lot and now Coach Simpson is teaching them how to read blocks and play gaps. Then said he didn't know how to play last year and just played off athleticism.

1st team D is good. Not elite but very good. Smith makes a big difference.

smith pushes our LB corps to average. We have an above average DL and secondary.

laugh at McCloud now but he will probably end the year with 5 or 6 sacks.

This is a top 20 offense, maybe better. The young WRs can play.

This is a top 20 team, maybe top 10 if everyone maxes out.

1st team D is good. Not elite but very good. Smith makes a big difference.

smith pushes our LB corps to average. We have an above average DL and secondary.

laugh at McCloud now but he will probably end the year with 5 or 6 sacks.

This is a top 20 offense, maybe better. The young WRs can play.

This is a top 20 team, maybe top 10 if everyone maxes out.
Simpson making a big difference?

Advertisement
Back