Scrimmage #2 8/21

Advertisement
This fūcking Manny Diaz is really starting to **** me off.

I know he read Corch Macheaux’s scorching hot takedown of his defense on one of the threads, and decided to pull King after one drive to get corch back on his side and not get put on that dreaded CIS blast zone.

What a coward. He was just artificially trying to make his defense look good.

Right @Coach Macho ? Fūck that guy and his underneath weakness.

1st team D is good. Not elite but very good. Smith makes a big difference.

smith pushes our LB corps to average. We have an above average DL and secondary.

laugh at McCloud now but he will probably end the year with 5 or 6 sacks.

This is a top 20 offense, maybe better. The young WRs can play.

This is a top 20 team, maybe top 10 if everyone maxes out.

Seeing Smith's HS highlights and reading all the reports these past two years, your contacts' observations don't surprise me. Remember Smith was pushing Gil so hard at Striker that the latter considered transferring if he lost the starting job.

But I want to see McCloud at DE with my own eyes before believing he's good enough to not get gashed. I'm not saying he's a lost cause. I do think he has it in him. But after the last Adams/DMoney podcast, I've become more pessimistic.

Advertisement
1st team D is good. Not elite but very good. Smith makes a big difference.

smith pushes our LB corps to average. We have an above average DL and secondary.

laugh at McCloud now but he will probably end the year with 5 or 6 sacks.

This is a top 20 offense, maybe better. The young WRs can play.

This is a top 20 team, maybe top 10 if everyone maxes out.

Finishing top 20 is a fail… more than enough talent to finally beat teams that blow us out before halftime.

How many players at UM could you say were top five at their position the last decade. 3? 4?
Alabama has 2 or 3 of those every year.

it takes time to build to that
I don't know about beating Alabama but finishing top 20 for a power conference team where we're starting in the polls means losing 3-4 games with the 4th loss probably being the bowl game. **** we were a top 10 for most of the year last year. I get why people wouldn't be happy with that.

We'd be inexperienced in the secondary next year and scrambling for DE help in the portal most likely to get older at that position. Add in a new starting QB and 2022 can look real sketchy if 2021 doesn't include taking a step forward. Considering the schedule this year a two loss regular season is doable without maxing out. Thats a top 10-15 team before a potential ACC title game appearance and bowl game.

Advertisement
Recent JHH interview was eye-opening.

Said they were playing behind blocks a lot and now Coach Simpson is teaching them how to read blocks and play gaps. Then said he didn't know how to play last year and just played off athleticism.

it's almost like we were poorly coached last year -- both in scheme and individual units/technique

that UNC game was a fire-able offense

But really, that Vatech game(the first half) of 2019 is all I needed to know about Blake Baker

it's almost like we were poorly coached last year -- both in scheme and individual units/technique

But really, that Vatech game(the first half) of 2019 is all I needed to know about Blake Baker
So. Wtf was Stroud doing and why tf are we paying him to be a senior advisor if he can’t teach how to read blocks and play gaps ?

Advertisement

Stroud is not as good if Dline coach as Simpson..plus your talkin about a Covid year in which he himself missed time

Advertisement
As much as people are dogging on 53, we better hope like **** he or Deandre do not get injured unless you want a 220 lb guy (Thomas Davis) or a converted DT (Elijah R.) playing

Posting total yardage stats makes about as much sense as questioning whether the D-Line looks in shape by judging pictures from a pool meetup where everyone had saggy clothes on.

Total defense doesnt tell you jack **** about defensive performance.

Advertisement
Back