Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Do we have to nit-pick every stupid thing, like Rick not wanting to get into stats?

Means nothing, for all the mouth-breathers who lost sleep last night.

Wow I'm just going to get drunk and let things play out. I hope dmoney is right and Malik is going to shut me up with his play but man I just don't see it. Rosier is a heck of a kid and I really like his character off the field but I've seen so much **** throws and deer in headlights looks from him and can't help but feel less than optimistic him leading the way. But I guess **** it 🍸 🍺 cheers.

What he said. I wish for the best and I DO want Malik to succeed. Problem is, I can't think of one instance where a 4 year player crapped the bed in the ways that he did and then improved in his 5th year to do special things like we want and demand. But, hey, I'm all for being proven wrong! I just feel like we can have a special season and I don't want it ruined because late in a game, when things are tight and Mark won't "risk" replacing the QB, we lose on account of Malik pulling a "Malik."

Oh well.... hope springs eternal.

Advertisement
Biggest concern is Bubba. We need him to be consistent from inside 50. I don’t give a **** if he can hit a 57 yarder. CMR will never kick that in a real game.
AGreed and we shouldn’t be putting ourselves in the situations to rely on long kicks like that anyway.

"Deserve transparency" sounds like the long lost slogan from the golden era

Last edited:
I never put myself out as a genius, but, I’m not a sheep and take what ever garbage that is thrown at me and say thank you.. Yes, I do expect a coach to give some transparency. If you are fine without it then good for you.. To me it looks like he is hiding something.. I hope he proves me wrong.

When a fan or group of fans start signing CMR's check then he'll owe us "some transparency".

Until then, just let the man do his job.

No one here, whether you own a business or are working for one would appreciate having to report ALL of their actions to parties who "just want to know" for whatever reasons. He's trying to win games the best way he knows how. If he's "hiding something" that's his choice to make.

It's not like fans deserve to have knowledge, or input on his plans ......or that he is seeking or needs our advice. God help us if that ( him needing the fans advice) ever becomes the case!! :reaction:

Let the man do his job!! You'll get transparency when we finally start playing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rosier starting this year and staying healthy is best for the offense right now. Perry/Williams are great players, but a Freshman (redshirt grant you) starting is tough

@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.

Advertisement
Kicking game is needed every year.

Like I said the other day when dopes were asking for updates on how Baxa is looking in practice, it doesn’t matter how a Kicker looks in practice. That’s the ultimate yips position. It only matters how they perform under actual pressure.

Absolutely, for kickers it's about what's between the ears. Most college kickers, even walk-ons, have more than enough leg for 45 yards with ease.....the difference is focus and ability to maintain form under pressure.

I’m sorry but, hearing Rosier did great against our 2 Defense means nothing.. LSU isn’t going to play their second best team. Not sure why he doesn’t have 1 play 1 2 play 2.. in a game of stats giving no stats after a scrimmage is Bush League move by the coach.. I hope Rosier has improved,I hope our OL has improved, but not seeing or hearing anything makes me wonder what he “CMR” is hiding.. I hope it is him being sly... But, the lack of transparency doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy

lol. wut?

1. Richt literally told you what he is hiding. He explicitly said it.

2. Why is "CMR" in scare quotes? Do "you" know "how" scare quotes are suppose to "work"?

Last edited:
Advertisement
@DMoney and @LuCane need to change this forum to the sheep insights.. So sad!! How dare anyone question Rosier not being the #1 QB? I mean he is on all the preseason Heisman watch? He is rated as a 1st round draft pick next year. I mean the only way to be a true Hurricane fan is to show blind loyalty.

As for CMR how many Championships did he win at Georgia? I forgot about last years perfect 12-0 season. I mean who can question anything he say or does. Because, he is a football god. Smarter then Jimmy, better recruiting classes then Butch ever had? I guess these people all had their white shirts and orange ties talking about Al Golden’s genius.

So for all you butt hurt sheep keep hating.. But, I and other true Hurricane Fans will keep questioning a coach, and expect more from a team that has under performed its potential for the last 16 seasons. We are not going to show blind loyalty to subpar performance and players. Because we expect more and want more. 10-3 season is not up to Miami Hurricanes fan standards. Making progress is great for Duke, Pitt and UNC not Miami.

How do I know this, because before most of you were born I was at the OB watching us win a National Championship vs Nebraska as a student. So don’t tell me what means to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.
Now you are going to the extreme and trying to make yourself look like an innocent martyr who is wise and who is smarter than everyone else in the room

The reason why people are calling you out is not because you have a dissenting opinion. It is because you sound like an ignorant young kid who feels entitled to know about statistics and details in a scrimmage and saying that the staff has something to hide if they do not meet your demands.

Last edited:

I like Richt, a lot, but the fact he's rolling into season #3 with Al Golden's backup as his starter absolutely sucks. I know the situation was a little messed up when Kaaya left early, but come on. It's year 3 and there should be a quality QB on the roster that can do a better job than what I saw last year.

Our D bailed us out time after time, and we have fans praising Rosier for 10 wins. It's like claiming Frank Costa was the reason we won 10 games in 94. Pure idiocy. With GOOD QB play, we win 12 games last year, and don't have the close calls against GT, UNC and FSU. My concern is those close games can easily turn into losses if QB play doesn't improve.

I like Richt, a lot, but the fact he's rolling into season #3 with Al Golden's backup as his starter absolutely sucks. I know the situation was a little messed up when Kaaya left early, but come on. It's year 3 and there should be a quality QB on the roster that can do a better job than what I saw last year.

Our D bailed us out time after time, and we have fans praising Rosier for 10 wins. It's like claiming Frank Costa was the reason we won 10 games in 94. Pure idiocy. With GOOD QB play, we win 12 games last year, and don't have the close calls against GT, UNC and FSU. My concern is those close games can easily turn into losses if QB play doesn't improve.
Miami’s offense bailed the defense out time and time again too now don’t be ridiculous

Down 14-0 uva, offense ties it up, defense goes down by 14 again and the offense score 23 straight

Defense giving up 2 late scores vs FSU and the offense then scores 2 clutch touchdowns in the 4th without Ahmmon Richards and mark walton on the field. Toledo offensive performances, coming in clutch after the defense was sh*tting the bed vs Toledo giving up 30 to them... that’s just a few examples of the offense saving the defense *** and they were multiple after that too

No one wasn’t perfect last year, malik rosier certainly wasn’t but doesn’t mean the defense was either though. Everyone needs to improve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back