Scout says Miami QBs not FBS quality

We're one QB injury away from going 3-9.
tenor (3).gif

Advertisement
Our Qbs have talent but didn't adjust to Enos. So if Williams go to Oregon or another top25 program and perform good what would that tell you?

Garvin should've came back, a Senior year of production for a DE always helps in the draft when you're not a physical freak of nature, but it was clear he mailed it in this season because he had one foot out the door, which is sad because he was heralded as a really good team guy coming out of HS by his Coaches.

Bandy should've came back too, I understand he's got situations to deal with at home, but in order to maximize his earning potentiality a Senior season would've helped him drastically by moving him up the draft board & making him more money. He's gonna be in a fight for his life as a 6th/7th/UDFA practice squad guy, sincerely doubt he even makes it past training camp.

JT4 would've played himself into a Mid 2nd round - to high 3rd round pick had he came back another year & played in Lashlee's offense. He cost himself hundreds of thousands of dollars by leaving early.

And the scout was correct on the QB's, they were horrendous last year, there were at least 4 or 5 FCS QB's that significantly outplayed the 3 stooges.

King will be a major improvement in on field play & locker room leadership.

all this is spot on, El, and let me add something else:

coming back for your senior year is more than just improving your draft position. it's actually about getting better as a football player. stronger, smarter, more mature, more skilled, more cognizant of what it means to prepare to be a professional.

when you have those things, you are much more capable of showing the NFL what you can do, and sticking with the team that signs you, than you are if you shorted yourself the opportunity to get better in your senior year.

Once you are in camp, NFL teams don't give a rat's balls what round you happened to fall. if you were a 4th rounder, and you're teammate is a 7th rounder? doesn't matter in the slightest. if you can play better than the next guy, you stick. if not, then you're cut. good luck, turn in your playbook, and have a nice day.

are you less likely to be cut early if you're a first round draft choice? of course. but that's not what we're talking about here, and that applies only to 32 guys a year. period. the analysis of whether a sure fire first rounder should go or stay for their senior year has some additional factors to consider, but the analysis still holds.

I was at the super bowl with a friend who is an NFL GM, and we were talking about this same issue. he said, rightly: "trying to get to the NFL as fast as possible, is a sure cut path to being out of the NFL as fast as possible."

guys like bandy, garvin, etc. .... they should have stayed. no question about it.

Advertisement
All the calamity these children pulled during there college career, coming going , benched and many other things then admit all the childish things they did the NFL knows all.

A total mystery they know it they admit it and still did it, come NFL combine they say well the NFL knows all my childish stunts and may affect there draft status.

Glad these children are gone team cancers GONE

Depends when he gets injured, but you are 100% correct. I don't see us winning a single game without King besides Wagner.
There's no way you believe that. 2018 Perry beat FSU and VT. 2019 Perry was in an even worse scheme, so it's possible that recency bias is making you think he was worse than he really is.

Advertisement
There's no way you believe that. 2018 Perry beat FSU and VT. 2019 Perry was in an even worse scheme, so it's possible that recency bias is making you think he was worse than he really is.

I don't think Perry is that bad, but I do think this staph is that bad.

However, I don't think even Manny is bad enough to not win the coastal with a redshirt senior, Heisman candidate, at QB. Without him, I can't see us winning any games against P5 opponents.

On defensive end Garvin: “Third-day guy, maybe sixth round. Tall and athletic and good size. He may have a chance as an outside linebacker, but that is really difficult to do to go from a hand-on-the-ground [player] to try to play linebacker if you haven’t done it. I think he’s more of a practice squad guy.”

Sorry but I think Garvin is going to get proper coaching and become a beast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More dopey anonymous scout blather. Said all the same **** everyone on here has already said.

And I don’t give a fck if King ever plays a down at QB in the NFL. If he stays healthy he’s going to euthanize opponents this year.

Agree. All you need to do is look at all those prior Heisman trophy winners that played qb and how that correlated to NFL success.

You know its bad when Deejay Dallas, a rb who never eclipsed 700-800 yards in a season is considered elite.
How far we’ve fallen.

Advertisement
Back