Scout says Miami QBs not FBS quality

Advertisement
Not sure why Deejay leaving is getting questioned so much... he showed everything he's gonna show. Garvin was absolutely insane to leave and Jeff Thomas will struggle to keep his job flipping burgers in three months.

Bandy, despite the family issues, doesn't make sense either. He obviously hasn't been getting paid the last three years, is coming off probably his worst season, and could have really helped himself with another year. I also wouldn't think he has his degree yet as a true Jr.

As for the QB's... if anyone sees Jon Richt, please punch him in the face and take his lunch money.

Spot on bro.

More dopey anonymous scout blather. Said all the same **** everyone on here has already said.

And I don’t give a fck if King ever plays a down at QB in the NFL. If he stays healthy he’s going to euthanize opponents this year.
Completely agree on King. He will make the ACC look silly.

As for the QBs on our roster last year, and really every QB on our roster not named Kaaya the last 15 years... How the living **** is it possible to have so many bad QBs? HOW???

Who gives a ***** what that scout is talking about, NOT ME, ***** em, he can analyze the players all he wants, the only thing that matters is can the players win games while they're here,in college at UM. That dumb *** scouts report means nothing, and is useless. Had he been talking to me i would've cut his *** off and asked em, you ever seen ken dorsey's game tapes, you're not a genius, so STFU. Anybody with sense knew dorsey was no high draft pick, but who cared, he won games here. Part of the same reason perry should've been the starter last year, this new transfer in qb as a starter is 11 & 8, hus winning pct% is **** poor, perry has way more talent!

I'm not saying I disagree necessarily with his QB assessment (actually I do as I think Perry and Williams (in that order) could have some success somewhere), but using FIU as justification for your talking points is absurd. Both of those two guys have shown flashes, but lacked consistency. That's our offense in a nutshell and I've been adamant that Tom Brady in peak form wouldn't look at all like Tom Brady with our playcalling and OL.

Advertisement
You never know whats going on behind closed doors. Whether players are sick of the stench of the coaches or cancer *** players. Or whether they were told to look at the draft or at transferring.

Another year for Dallas wasn't going to improve much for him. RB either have it or they don't. I think he can become a guy that can hold a roster spot. Just because he can do a lot but i don't think he is going to be a starter.

Garvin and Thomas. It was just best they moved on. Garvin because he would be an upper classman. Would be this years 71. Taking reps from better players. Thomas was just a cancer.

Bandy should've stuck around for another year. Being his size. He **** sure couldn't afford to leave after this past season. My man better be extremely dedicated from now until the final cuts because leaving for money reasons and then not making a team is going to suck.

I like this guy

Garvin practice squad. Harsh reality
Other than his strip sack against Vtech and ND, I never understood the hype. Joe Jackson did more and T. Hill did more in less time. (And clearly GR15 did the most, goes without saying)

-Garvin should be drafted 6th-7th. Hypothetically next year he would be getting drafted in 2nd or 3rd if there was any form of program development/culture. But he was developed by a guy who was burnt out and a political gas bag. Also the defensive line coaching this year was a drop off (not talking about Stroud's recruiting because he's doing a good job of that).

-Dallas should be 4th-5th. Guy should make NFL rosters for a while IMHO. 7-8 year career if injuries don't derail. The fact that he maintained such a good attitude among such a rotten culture should actually raise his stock. He is a good all around player, who busts his *** and was always a positive force.

-Thomas, like he said, was a third round talent. I'm sure the crappy culture didn't help him, but he was already a pain in the *** to begin with.

-Bandy not being drafted because of a lack of interceptions is stupid. He would make a solid nickel covering cb and can tackle. He seems like a guy who didn't play as well this year because the defensive game planning seemed worse most of the time than the last two years. Should be a 6th rounder who makes it as a nickel guy. I understand the height issues but he clearly regressed (as did everyone) this past year.

-So that's 3 that should be drafted: late or not.

Plus:

-Shaq (productivity despite garbage coaching and culture. Great kid.)
-Pinckney (very productive despite garbage coaching and culture)
- Osborne (maybe 7th rounder as last guy to make it as possession guy).

6 guys should be drafted. Would be obviously 7 if Thomas can see the light.

-Finley should make a practice squad and potentially get on a roster a year from now.

Advertisement
Who gives a ***** what that scout is talking about, NOT ME, ***** em, he can analyze the players all he wants, the only thing that matters is can the players win games while they're here,in college at UM. That dumb *** scouts report means nothing, and is useless. Had he been talking to me i would've cut his *** off and asked em, you ever seen ken dorsey's game tapes, you're not a genius, so STFU. Anybody with sense knew dorsey was no high draft pick, but who cared, he won games here. Part of the same reason perry should've been the starter last year, this new transfer in qb as a starter is 11 & 8, hus winning pct% is **** poor, perry has way more talent!
You saying perry is better than King? Stop it

Selfishly I want Thomas to go to the Raiders but something tells me Baltimore is going to snag him on day 3.

The Canes must hope that they will eventually win enough to be able not only to lure more projected first- or second-day NFL draft picks but also to persuade some of them to return to school for their senior season, as Alabama did this month with left tackle Alex Leatherwood and Clemson did with running back Travis Etienne.

One NFL scout was mystified why four UM juniors turned pro, saying he doubts any will be selected before day 3.

In fairness, there were family health and financial issues in play for cornerback Trajan Bandy. DeeJay Dallas, Jeff Thomas and Jon Garvin haven’t fully explained their decisions. In Dallas’ situation, you can make the case that wear and tear has a corrosive effect on running backs, and you can understand the desire to begin your pro career sooner than later.

Here’s what the veteran scout said on the four:

On running back Dallas: “I gave him a late fourth-, early fifth-round grade. Unless you’re a stud horse who can carry 20-to-30 times a game, running backs are a dime a dozen. He’s an undersized college running back who showed good run skills. His hands are good. Has straight-line speed, but I don’t think he’s a swivel-hip type of guy. Has instincts, vision and awareness in both phases — passing game and running game.

On defensive end Garvin: “Third-day guy, maybe sixth round. Tall and athletic and good size. He may have a chance as an outside linebacker, but that is really difficult to do to go from a hand-on-the-ground [player] to try to play linebacker if you haven’t done it. I think he’s more of a practice squad guy.”

On receiver Thomas: He said he won’t be surprised if he goes undrafted because of off-field issues. But he said Thomas, at his best, is “a third-round guy. Obviously he can run, good quickness, tough enough, can track the deep ball. But he’s undersized and with the off-field stuff, he could easily drop out of the draft.”

The scout said Bandy projects as an undrafted free agent because he’s undersized and coming off a pedestrian no-interception season.

That scout said he hasn’t yet studied new UM quarterback D’Eriq King as an NFL prospect but this much is clear: “These quarterbacks they had last year are not FBS [Power 5] quarterbacks on that roster. They didn’t show anything that resembled a D-1 quarterback in that FIU game or another game I watched. Accuracy was awful. The FIU game was an embarrassment.”

That scout said he has never seen a worse collection of draft picks among UM, UF and FSU in a single draft than this upcoming one.

The best prospect among the three schools? He said he has a third-round grade on UF defensive end Jabari Zuniga: “A competitive kid and can rush.”

▪ Alonzo Highsmith, who parted ways with the Cleveland Browns last week, commended UM’s hiring of Ed Reed for the chief of staff position, the same job that he was considered for but, according to Highsmith, never offered.

"Ed Reed coming back to Miami is like Jordan going back to North Carolina,” Highsmith said. “Cane Legend, HOF [Hall of Famer] and anything else that describes great... Great hire. Pulling for him.”

I could have given that analysis. Noting surprising there. 4 Juniors who had no business leaving early.

I'm not saying I disagree necessarily with his QB assessment (actually I do as I think Perry and Williams (in that order) could have some success somewhere), but using FIU as justification for your talking points is absurd. Both of those two guys have shown flashes, but lacked consistency. That's our offense in a nutshell and I've been adamant that Tom Brady in peak form wouldn't look at all like Tom Brady with our playcalling and OL.
The problem is. In today's CFB. It's expected for young QB to come in and light it up. If they don't do it their fr/rfr year. They're considered non P5 caliber. Both those guys have talent. What they lack is the maturity.

In the old CFB. they would sit behind a vet until they had some years under the belt. They would be groomed and humbled. That just isn't the case anymore and if they don't start fast enough. They want to transfer or just ***** off.

Advertisement
Anyone criticizing this analysis is dumb. We all can agree that many of these young men are making a mistake.....but could also be that they see the fuggin writing on the wall. Wish them well but expect some of them to not pan out....hope I'm wrong

On another note..... This is truly an amazing time we live in.....people will just not trust what they see or witnessed over and over.........they go with their feelings and completely ignore evidence. The truth is we are in an abysmal position as a program, we lost to teams this year that a HS power could win against and yet we still believe we are the greatest fuggin thing since sliced bread.

Our program is the fuggin laughing stock of CFB but some fans are spoiled, ignorant, blind, self serving, irrational, uninformed or a combo of all of these.....as they think every single player from Miami will be a HOF, or we going undefeated, or we back.......truth is we suck ***, have a coach who wins on social media but not in person, and an administration full of retards. We make horrible personnel decisions (player and corch) and game time decisions, we can't prep for **** and have the most undercoached kids in the fuggin country. But but but ......turnover chain.....beer keg conference crash, and td rings.....that what we are, we got swag bro

BTW sorry for long post....went to happy hour after a long work week. Ended up having to leave car at the bar. Good night go canes

Advertisement
The Canes must hope that they will eventually win enough to be able not only to lure more projected first- or second-day NFL draft picks but also to persuade some of them to return to school for their senior season, as Alabama did this month with left tackle Alex Leatherwood and Clemson did with running back Travis Etienne.

One NFL scout was mystified why four UM juniors turned pro, saying he doubts any will be selected before day 3.

In fairness, there were family health and financial issues in play for cornerback Trajan Bandy. DeeJay Dallas, Jeff Thomas and Jon Garvin haven’t fully explained their decisions. In Dallas’ situation, you can make the case that wear and tear has a corrosive effect on running backs, and you can understand the desire to begin your pro career sooner than later.

Here’s what the veteran scout said on the four:

On running back Dallas: “I gave him a late fourth-, early fifth-round grade. Unless you’re a stud horse who can carry 20-to-30 times a game, running backs are a dime a dozen. He’s an undersized college running back who showed good run skills. His hands are good. Has straight-line speed, but I don’t think he’s a swivel-hip type of guy. Has instincts, vision and awareness in both phases — passing game and running game.

On defensive end Garvin: “Third-day guy, maybe sixth round. Tall and athletic and good size. He may have a chance as an outside linebacker, but that is really difficult to do to go from a hand-on-the-ground [player] to try to play linebacker if you haven’t done it. I think he’s more of a practice squad guy.”

On receiver Thomas: He said he won’t be surprised if he goes undrafted because of off-field issues. But he said Thomas, at his best, is “a third-round guy. Obviously he can run, good quickness, tough enough, can track the deep ball. But he’s undersized and with the off-field stuff, he could easily drop out of the draft.”

The scout said Bandy projects as an undrafted free agent because he’s undersized and coming off a pedestrian no-interception season.

That scout said he hasn’t yet studied new UM quarterback D’Eriq King as an NFL prospect but this much is clear: “These quarterbacks they had last year are not FBS [Power 5] quarterbacks on that roster. They didn’t show anything that resembled a D-1 quarterback in that FIU game or another game I watched. Accuracy was awful. The FIU game was an embarrassment.”

That scout said he has never seen a worse collection of draft picks among UM, UF and FSU in a single draft than this upcoming one.

The best prospect among the three schools? He said he has a third-round grade on UF defensive end Jabari Zuniga: “A competitive kid and can rush.”

▪ Alonzo Highsmith, who parted ways with the Cleveland Browns last week, commended UM’s hiring of Ed Reed for the chief of staff position, the same job that he was considered for but, according to Highsmith, never offered.

"Ed Reed coming back to Miami is like Jordan going back to North Carolina,” Highsmith said. “Cane Legend, HOF [Hall of Famer] and anything else that describes great... Great hire. Pulling for him.”

This isn't news. If any one ever thought the QBs we had were legit, they're just fools.

Maybe the talent was there, or should I say potential, but after the Kosi incident and then the Jarren stories about him "going through the motions" it was clear that those dudes were PROBLEMS.

Obviously our football program has turned into shambles, but there are still guys that want to be here for what it was and what it should be.

I am starting to think Manny is one of those guys, he made some tough choices after his first season....choices that literally no coach in the last 10-15 years could do because of certain 'relationships'.

It starts with Manny and his staff, and he failed during his first season. Now let's hope he makes some progress, because if not. We get to start over, and really nothing has changed.

Been saying that since he left - "Where's the Beef?" He's known more for his off field antics and serving suspensions here. Just no meat at the U. Hard to forget he gets "Best Supporting Cast" award for the Loss at Florida.

Advertisement
Back