Scout says Miami QBs not FBS quality

I think Dallas is going to wind up surprising a lot of folks. Look what he did behind that awful OL. It’s quite impressive if you really think about it

Advertisement
Everything but Deejay, I don’t think he’d gain much by returning. The other 3 are taking huge risks, Thomas and Garvin should end up sticking in some capacity, Bandy is borderline to stick as a practice squad right now.
Its sad really; Since joining this website I've noticed the majority of the Hurricanes - so called fans or more or less, only pay attention during really good seasons? I used to just browse the recruiting section on this website mainly, as I'm not paying for a CBS/247 subscription; When their a multi billionaire company that pays billions every contract for a 16 games during the regular season.

Every summer before the season starts, then after the bowl season, players declare for the draft, to the combine, mock draft, & then the actual draft happens; Its always the same. If the team aka, if the actual student [Unpaid] athletes think they're good enough to play a game/sport that is the most brutal "Team" sport besides rugby then.

If the team doesn't perform up to a fans expectations, than all of a sudden the play sucks or the players a cancer at Miami, etc etc. Just during last summer right before the first game verses the Gators, especially after Dan Enos; Dan Enos got the benefit like every assistant under Nick Saban at Alabama to have consistently one of the most talented college rosters to work with.

Dan Enos when he was the coordinator at Arkansas, the offenses sucked; After he was hired all the majority of this website were typing every time was.. Jeff Thomas & KJ Osborn, and the entire offense is going to be one of the elite units for the entire 2019 season - "Look out Clemson, The Playoffs is a Given.."

Its just irritating as ****, just as much as anyone whoever they are who just argue for the sake of arguing.

Advertisement
Our Qbs have talent but didn't adjust to Enos. So if Williams go to Oregon or another top25 program and perform good what would that tell you?
That it'll never happen because the kid is immature and doesn't have proper work ethic.

Trent Richardson was a Heisman winner and a top 5 pick. Johnny Manziel won the Heisman, was a bust and it was known he was more into just drinking in school.. Lamar Jackson was the last selection in the first round.

Lamar Jackson was compared to having Mike Vick playing ability; Vick was the number one overall draft pick, as a left handed thrower that was mainly used as a running back in college; Steve Young who was left handed & a hall of fame QB in the NFL, he even said receivers stated it was still different/kind of awkward catching from him.

Depends when he gets injured, but you are 100% correct. I don't see us winning a single game without King besides Wagner.
Man, we just won 6 with a quitter at QB, running an O that played to our weaknesses. Not that we had any real strengths with the QBs we had. Still, as much as I knocked Perry early on, I think even he gets us to 7 wins as a floor in a Lashlee O. Now, 7 wins would be disgusting with this schedule, but 3 wins is a joke. We are better than that, especially with Lashlee's O. We could start Matocha or TVD and win more than 3.

Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, and Josh Rosen were all picked before Lamar Jackson.

All four of them also had serious question marks about their maturity; Josh Allen had racists tweets in high school, Josh Allen & Baker Mayfield had a few mainstream reports about their immaturity.. Sam Darnold in interviews said he's such a laid back kid, how the pressure of the NFL won't effect him. At the same time it was publicly known in high school he shattered on of his pinky knuckles because of the result of a high school game.

Lamar Jackson, all he did was throw the ball with the best in his true sophomore & junior years, besides playing in 12 games as freshman that he can; Elevate his game verses fully loaded by way of recruiting classes, when Louisville played Florida State & Clemson his 2nd and 3rd years in college.

The only knack on him was learning the playbook some with the Ravens, also how the Ravens offense was never considered even average when Joe Flacco was the starter.. Just this past season; The scheme had the offense play more so to control the clock after almost all the defensive starters left via free agency.

Advertisement
Trent Richardson was a Heisman winner and a top 5 pick. Johnny Manziel won the Heisman, was a bust and it was known he was more into just drinking in school.. Lamar Jackson was the last selection in the first round.

Lamar Jackson was compared to having Mike Vick playing ability; Vick was the number one overall draft pick, as a left handed thrower that was mainly used as a running back in college; Steve Young who was left handed & a hall of fame QB in the NFL, he even said receivers stated it was still different/kind of awkward catching from him.
Manziel was on coke too

-Garvin should be drafted 6th-7th. Hypothetically next year he would be getting drafted in 2nd or 3rd if there was any form of program development/culture. But he was developed by a guy who was burnt out and a political gas bag. Also the defensive line coaching this year was a drop off (not talking about Stroud's recruiting because he's doing a good job of that).

-Dallas should be 4th-5th. Guy should make NFL rosters for a while IMHO. 7-8 year career if injuries don't derail. The fact that he maintained such a good attitude among such a rotten culture should actually raise his stock. He is a good all around player, who busts his *** and was always a positive force.

-Thomas, like he said, was a third round talent. I'm sure the crappy culture didn't help him, but he was already a pain in the *** to begin with.

-Bandy not being drafted because of a lack of interceptions is stupid. He would make a solid nickel covering cb and can tackle. He seems like a guy who didn't play as well this year because the defensive game planning seemed worse most of the time than the last two years. Should be a 6th rounder who makes it as a nickel guy. I understand the height issues but he clearly regressed (as did everyone) this past year.

-So that's 3 that should be drafted: late or not.

Plus:

-Shaq (productivity despite garbage coaching and culture. Great kid.)
-Pinckney (very productive despite garbage coaching and culture)
- Osborne (maybe 7th rounder as last guy to make it as possession guy).

6 guys should be drafted. Would be obviously 7 if Thomas can see the light.

-Finley should make a practice squad and potentially get on a roster a year from now.
No.

Manziel was on coke too
Just like the owners of the NFL; It is a form of opioid like pain killers, seriously though. The colts owner Jim Irsay is a known heroin addict but is still as far as I care to remember, he is still the colts ceo.. As long as the person's a multi billionaire Roger Goodell doesn't care at all how the douche really is like aka Robert Kraft;

Before Tom Brady just voided his contract. The only suggestion he might leave the patriots was by retiring, by seeing how his body feels, as he states every year how; He wants to play as long as his body feels healthy. Obviously has a love for the game, and playing for any money is not an issue with him plus the owners still offer their cash at him.

The Jets owners ever since Woody Johnson bought the team. The best the team will ever be is - have a winning record every other year, and making the playoffs is far and in between.. Marvin Lewis was the best head coach possible for the Bengals, but their owners never offered competitive contracts during free agency.. A 2-year playing career is still a 100% reality if the individual makes the depth chart.

He’s right about our QBs and the juniors but his analysis of Deejay Dallas is horrible.

“An undersized straight-line back?” He’s 220 pounds with moves.

Dallas was too fat by the FIU game. The pounds had steadily returned and consequently the moves had steadily diminished. His frame is undersized unless he loads it with regulating fat. Anyone comparing the Gator game to where he was at the time of the injury was not paying attention. It was not as bad as his wasted Fat Albert sophomore season but merely another indication that our conditioning staff either is totally clueless or has no impact on these guys.

If he gets with a sharp team I think we'll be amazed at how much lighter they have Dallas playing.

Advertisement
Enjoy reading such supposed inside scoop, but this scout could be Donna Shalala herself. There's nothing in here that even Donna couldn't see with her own. A homeless guy stumbling around South Beach might as well have opined. Like said elsewhere, unnamed scout needs to find another occupation if he/she describes Dallas as undersized.

The only one who made some sense was Dallas, but we really could have used him in 2021. And he could have put up some nice numbers in Lashlee's system.

Garvin was afraid of the competition, Thomas was afraid to put in the work, and Bandy made a colossal error in not coming back off of a relatively poor (for Bandy) junior season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back