SCOTT COVINGTON......

Ryan Clement's best season, 96 - 2,257yds 19TD's & 8INT's at 60.3%cmp
Miami went 9-3 wining a bowl game vs UVA.

Scot Covington's best season, 98 - 2,301yds 19TD's & 8INT's at 58.9%cmp
Miami went 9-3 winning a bowl game vs NC St.

One thing about Butch's teams, He at least kept a competent passing game. Covington was money on those lil' corner routes to Moss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ryan Clement's best season, 96 - 2,257yds 19TD's & 8INT's at 60.3%cmp
Miami went 9-3 wining a bowl game vs UVA.

Scot Covington's best season, 98 - 2,301yds 19TD's & 8INT's at 58.9%cmp
Miami went 9-3 winning a bowl game vs NC St.

In 96 we had Dyral McMillan, Danyell Ferguson, Edge in his True Freshman year, Trent Jones, Yatil Green, Magic Benton, Tony Gaiter & Jermaine Chambers. Our Defense had a very good secondary with guys like Tremain Mack who was a dope return man, Duane Starks, Carlos Jones, & Earl Little, plus Kenard Lang, Kenny Holmes, James Buress & Twan Russell.

In 98 we had Edgerrin James come into his own as arguably the greatest RB in school history, he had a legendary season that year. James Jackson & Najeh Davenport were beasts too, we had a great 3 headed monster backfield, plus Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre King & Daryl Jones.

That 98 Defense was loaded with Ed Reed, Al Blades, Nate Brooks, Leonard Myers, Delvin Brown, Mike Rumph, Dan Morgan, Nate Webster, Mike Smith, Rod Mack Damione Lewis, Matt Sweeney & Mike Lawson.

I'm so mad we didn't get to see more of Najeh after that 1999 OSU game......that dude is the biggest freak we've had at UM football since 1980

EDIT

AT RUNNING BACK

Last edited:
18 yrs of what. I sure hope that our team will flourish. is not , it over. point of no return. enough is enough.

Advertisement
One thing about Butch's teams, He at least kept a competent passing game. Covington was money on those lil' corner routes to Moss.
Coker's Offense yielded similar results from 2 different style of QB's.

Back then we were about running the rock & using our speed on the outside to make big plays.

Advertisement
Can't remember if it was the UVA bowl game or the NCState. T. Mack won that game by himself. Block punt and score. Plus he ran a punt back. 🙌🙌🙌
I think it was against WV at west Virginia. COACH DAVIS was pumping the defense WITH KENNARD LANG

Advertisement
I used to play catch quite often with Scott at GreenTree back then....OLman Ty Wise's family was friends with my wife...since Ty was from Pensacola and me and wifey Ft Walton...we'd bring Ty packages from his family to him when we came down.

Advertisement
Back