SCOTT COVINGTON......

Advertisement
The Defensive system sucked. Too much zone nonsense. Schiano came in 99 and changed our D into a more aggressive system with more man to man coverage.
But that Man too Man cost us against Penn St....He called the wrong Defense on the Chafee Fields TD....

The 99 Penn St game realistically should have been over before Fields TD.....The refs shorted James Jackson on a 4th down run by atleast 1/2yd.....I was standing on sidelines 10yds from play.....I thought Butch was gonna have a Coronary......Terrible call that would've been reversed today.

But that Man too Man cost us against Penn St....He called the wrong Defense on the Chafee Fields TD....

It was a fluke play. Reed didn’t get over on time to help either. I rather have you beat me than give you easy **** like the horse**** we ran in 98’ where everyone is open. This is Miami. We shouldn’t have to play zone.

Advertisement
It was a fluke play. Reed didn’t get over on time to help either. I rather have you beat me then give you **** like the horse**** we ran in 98’ where everyone is open. This is Miami. We shouldn’t have to play zone.
Can't play Man on a Bad field in that particular moment...

Advertisement
Back