Scoop on the former players roundtable

Advertisement
Ok, what are they suggesting that an AD can't do, or that they can't do by themselves?
Go to every 7 on 7 practice and every other football related activity in south Florida. Influence players and spot the ones that may have been overlooked. I'm pretty sure ZERO ADs do this in the states they may work in. I'm also pretty sure lots of quality players slip through the cracks. These guys have the ability to do this and an eye for talent. I also got the impression that while it would be a "committee" that there would be one person to voice the concerns/recommendations.

Go to every 7 on 7 practice and every other football related activity in south Florida. Influence players and spot the ones that may have been overlooked. I'm pretty sure ZERO ADs do this in the states they may work in. I'm also pretty sure lots of quality players slip through the cracks. These guys have the ability to do this and an eye for talent. I also got the impression that while it would be a "committee" that there would be one person to voice the concerns/recommendations.
When I said by themselves, I meant the players as a group, not the AD. The players that want to be a part of this group can do this by themselves. There's no reason for them to sit on some board or committee. They could have been doing this and I'm sure any competent HC that comes in will understand the landscape and have their ear to the ground in sfl.

When I said by themselves, I meant the players as a group, not the AD. The players that want to be a part of this group can do this by themselves. There's no reason for them to sit on some board or committee. They could have been doing this and I'm sure any competent HC that comes in will understand the landscape and have their ear to the ground in sfl.
You are correct, they could have been doing this, and they can still do this on there own. They can hit the community and scout locally, and come to the coaches with a list of names.

Advertisement
I see your point now, but remember recently this wasn't the case. The guys told me they would pitch players and not get listened to. The committee is just amongst them and provides organization so all the guys aren't throwing names at the coaches/athletic department. Basically they're trying to create an organized flow

Also fyi everyone, the slight audio issue people were having on some versions of iPhone has been fixed. Now, you can skip forward and not have audio issues...happy thanksgiving

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to have these guys all involved in scouting and recruiting. **** Chuck Foreman. I had a class with Chuck super guy. Invented the spin move. It’s great knowing that there is so much concern for the program.

Advertisement
thanks ! what about people who dont have iphone ?

too bad the video cant just be put on YouTube
Doesn't matter if you have the iPhone or Android, it's available for both! You don't have to create an account or anything, it'll popup immediately just as the app is starting up.

Doesn't matter if you have the iPhone or Android, it's available for both! You don't have to create an account or anything, it'll popup immediately just as the app is starting up.
ok ... appreciate the reply ! please pass along the YouTube thought .. ;)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back