Scoop on the former players roundtable

Advertisement
Help us understand the two biggest outputs we’ve seen: Mel’s comment and the comment about a legacy being recruited.

That alumni player has been jerking the SEC cack while throwing shade at Miami the whole recruiting season. Not sure how they rationalize that helping.

Not sure this gives us the confidence with the intentions.

Plus if they get their guy, why would he need help recruiting when that’s his biggest (and maybe only) strength?
Mel definitely wants a former player as AD- there were 3 options mentioned just in conversations, other guys had different thoughts, regardless the points brought up don't have to be with a former player as AD. The legacy recruiting had mixed opinions cause there's been some successes, failures, and misses in not recruiting. So just discussion on that

How has Miami not been all over youth football in south Florida? This place has been run by incompetent short sighted fools.
Not true.

I know when RICHT was in charge the were heavily involved with coaching clinics and the such.

I dont think it changed much with mANNY...Thats how i was able to see up close an personal the terrible tackling technique we display lol

Advertisement

Britney Spears GIF

The biggest thing the players can do is run off the local handlers and coaches that suck the SEC’s ****. That includes our own alums like Choad and Little. Until we make it socially unacceptable to sell talent to the SEC and destroy the “305 anywhere” environment then we will always be in an uphill battle. Players have enough clout to make a difference there. It starts by embarrassing these alums and coaches that have turned against us straight up

1-2 players should be involved max in decison making or else you'll end with too many cooks in the kitchen situation
Exactly right here. I feel that this must be how it is at Texas. All the talent in their backyard but the place is a total disaster.
We don’t need Miami being Texas. Look how crappy it’s going so far with 100 BOT members. The last thing we need is ex players trying to run the show.

Yes of course they should be allowed access but to a point. A coach should still be in charge here not ex players. The coach has to live and die with his decisions and to much input is only going to undermine him IMO

Advertisement
Someone, not at Miami, needs to understand the rules related to what they want to do and understand what’s acceptable and what’s not and lay that out for them and us. To be crystal clear as to what is, and what is not allowed, to avoid the finger pointing back and forth without all the facts.

I like that they are willing to work in the community and hopefully will start with this recruiting class. Hope they talk to Little and create results that benefit the program regardless of who is the HC. I wonder if Reed has influenced any recruits yet, there was a kid from his hometown that I thought he might get to the U. These kids get to meet a HOF'er from the U should be a positive, especially the ones who started locally and have walked the same path as new recruits. Talent is what wins games, Mullen was good last year with Trask and Pitts. TVD is making Diaz look a lot better, imagine if we had depth at RB and get a few LB's that can walk and chew gum. I'd hate to see our progress regress, especially if Manny gets a solid DC and gets rid of Patke. We are on the verge of greatness again and all these activities by those who love the program can only help.. I am very encouraged about our future as this extra attention is forcing progress. Thank You Herbie even if you were Buckeye, I think you bleed Orange and Green now.

I like that they are willing to work in the community and hopefully will start with this recruiting class. Hope they talk to Little and create results that benefit the program regardless of who is the HC. I wonder if Reed has influenced any recruits yet, there was a kid from his hometown that I thought he might get to the U. These kids get to meet a HOF'er from the U should be a positive, especially the ones who started locally and have walked the same path as new recruits. Talent is what wins games, Mullen was good last year with Trask and Pitts. TVD is making Diaz look a lot better, imagine if we had depth at RB and get a few LB's that can walk and chew gum. I'd hate to see our progress regress, especially if Manny gets a solid DC and gets rid of Patke. We are on the verge of greatness again and all these activities by those who love the program can only help.. I am very encouraged about our future as this extra attention is forcing progress. Thank You Herbie even if you were Buckeye, I think you bleed Orange and Green now.

Fraggle, can I ask who has been responsible for the LB recruiting the last 6 years? We are also extremely thin at OL and DE yet I don’t see these 3 positions being improved upon. Manny has been responsible for the D depth chart for 6 years yet I see holes across the front 7. If talent and depth chart alone win games, has Manny showed us he’s the guy there?

Advertisement
That boy Herbie been bleeding orange and green for a long time!! Had a 30 minute conversation with him in Vegas in 2007 and was shocked he was telling me the same thing he told everyone now! He loves when the U is up because it makes his job more exciting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back