Scholarship Situation

Richt stated Wednesday, 12-20, that we have 71 'ship players with 9 graduating. That's 23 to sign not counting NFL and transfer departures. Richt also stated up to 27 that they will sign. If the departures take place as many believe, then there's no doubt he will sign 27 and possibly 1-2 more...

Advertisement
Looks like we have 4 scholarships available for tomorrow not including the verbals. Notes below from Staff writer at 247sports that was recently posted about tomorrow NSD.

Verbals: nesta, Miller, bethel
4 open: I’m going with coburn, surtain, Chatman, ezzard
Icing on the cake: Campbell

————
Chris Stock 19083 posts
Feb 5, 8:23 AM
VIP
So as it stands today Miami has four scholarships available towards the 85. If they sign more than seven on Wednesday (three current verbals and the four available) then that means either signees aren't getting in or current players won't be back in the fall or both.

Last edited:
Looks like we have 4 scholarships available for tomorrow not including the verbals. Notes below from Staff writer at 247sports that was recently posted about tomorrow NSD.

Verbals: nesta, Miller, bethel
4 open: I’m going with coburn, surtain, Chatman, ezzard
Icing on the cake: Campbell

————
Chris Stock 19083 posts
Feb 5, 8:23 AM
VIP
So as it stands today Miami has four scholarships available towards the 85. If they sign more than seven on Wednesday (three current verbals and the four available) then that means either signees aren't getting in or current players won't be back in the fall or both.

I counted 5 open spots but what do I know... we will for sure lose a few player before the season, we always do.

Advertisement
Back