Schadenfreude

Clemson was getting superior players though game changers like Watkins. We haven't had a wr like that in ages
Clemson never had any fluff in their recruiting as well. They recruit to their culture and system develop their recruits to the best of their ability.

I feel like they had a specific plan early on in Dabo's tenure. Recruit the lines, get a top tier QB, and an elite receiver. Then add their other needs.

Advertisement
I'm using your argument. You're the one who pointed to elite classes. Watkins wasn't even on one of the title teams. Hunter Renfrow caught the game winner. Keep moving the goal posts.
But, but, but we're not elite......
tumblr_lpdbyb3jq21qii6tmo1_500.gif

Very true, but you know the cast of characters has improved. Cautious optimism.

Last year we landed a QB Urban Meyer recruited! We even got Saban’s next OC! He was going to use Motion to outwit opposing defenses! There was no way he would be as antiquated as Richt! We fired that idiot, Searels!

We did worse.

Advertisement
Last year we landed a QB Urban Meyer recruited! We even got Saban’s next OC! He was going to use Motion to outwit opposing defenses! There was no way he would be as antiquated as Richt! We fired that idiot, Searels!

We did worse.
**** happens. It can be an anomaly not the norm....

Advertisement

We did worse.

lol at comparing D’Eriq King, not fare moves from a 50 TD season to Tate Martell because Urban recruited him and then barely played him.

This offseason is going to be unbearable. 7 more months of hearing **** like this over and over anytime somebody posts anything that could be construed as hopeful for our future.

We did worse.
You know that won't happen again. These guys have proven track records. I was anti-Lashlee, but the body of evidence was enough for me to acknowledge he'll be significantly better than Enos.

Clemson never had any fluff in their recruiting as well. They recruit to their culture and system develop their recruits to the best of their ability.

I feel like they had a specific plan early on in Dabo's tenure. Recruit the lines, get a top tier QB, and an elite receiver. Then add their other needs.
But they still recruited elite prosects for awhile like Watkins Bowers etc.

We couldn't get a Bowers if it was another dimention

Advertisement
I'm using your argument. You're the one who pointed to elite classes. Watkins wasn't even on one of the title teams. Hunter Renfrow caught the game winner. Keep moving the goal posts.
Watkins is a baller...a str8 line speed baller but a baller. Safeties have to pay attention to him which helps other guys. I get he's a one trick pony but speed kills.

Will never root for FSU success in any capacity.

I ALWAYS root to beat FSU-- but beating a really good FSU team is always more impressive than a ****** FSU team... that's not worth a ****...

A truly GREAT TEAM is never afraid of good competition-- like the Old School Canes... because the bigger they are... the harder they fell when the Canes smacked they asses...

Rooting for weak competition only makes you weaker...

They would have been better if the past season just went into the toilet after the Duke loss. Sadly, they beat our team then rolled off a few wins. You get the sense a 2-10 type season is on the horizon. Fuente has been a disaster.
They return almost all of last year's productivity. I doubt they go 2-10.

Advertisement
You know that won't happen again. These guys have proven track records. I was anti-Lashlee, but the body of evidence was enough for me to acknowledge he'll be significantly better than Enos.
Now?

One of my favorite words...

right next to bundesvolkwerkplatz*

*made up after a bender in Säärbrücken

The weird thing is how is Maryland doing well with Wnos yet he totally sucked here? Lashlee was good at SMU and isn’t looking so good here. What happens? Aren’t these guys calling their own shots here?
This is what I said about Richt. Even his final year at UGA didn’t look as bad as Miami. No, it wasn’t just health. The culture of S. Fl has been affecting coaches AND players. Look at the dropoff in all of our transfers. Look at the uptick in our transfers and NFL players.

Advertisement
Back