Schadenfreude

Advertisement
Can't believe how bad VT is recruiting. They were doing OK for a couple classes but the bottom fell out.
I have been to Blacksburg (in 2001, thanks jeebus for Ed Reed) that place is a **** stain. Beamer was the exception.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of those teams did beat UCG and the other two would have equally foot stomped our Canes in 2019.

Their misery doesn't make our beloved program better.

Advertisement
You're comparing what Fuente is doing with the HC who just landed the #13 class coming off a 6 win season.
I expect top 5 **** although it is impressive landing 13 with the season we had. But I'm always in the ballpark of u not in the top five consistently your in trouble. That's always been my belief.

Can't believe how bad VT is recruiting. They were doing OK for a couple classes but the bottom fell out.
They would have been better if the past season just went into the toilet after the Duke loss. Sadly, they beat our team then rolled off a few wins. You get the sense a 2-10 type season is on the horizon. Fuente has been a disaster.

Advertisement
Scha•den•freu•de
noun
Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

While we bask in the afterglow of a surprisingly positive beginning to 2020, we should also take a minute to enjoy some of the dumpster fires around the country.

Today I will highlight a few programs that have had utterly disastrous ends to 2019/beginnings of 2020.

#1. USC - Holy crap! USC is in shambles right now. Not only did they lose to Iowa by more than three TDs in the Holiday bowl to end 2019, but their 2020 recruiting class might their worst EVER! Seriously, were talking about a program with 11 National Championships, 6 Heisman winners and more NFL draft picks than any other program in the history of college football...and their recruiting class just finished ranked 55th behind Northwestern, Cincinnati and Oregon State just to name a few. They signed a grand total of TWO 4 star recruits and 13 overall...and just lost more 4 stars to the portal than they signed. Wow.

#2. VT - As if losing to Virginia for the first time in 15 years wasn't enough, the hokies just finished last in the ACC with the 71st nationally ranked recruiting class. They landed ONE in-state recruit in the class of 2020. Read that again. Old Dominion, Indiana and Wake Forest all landed a larger number and more highly rated recruits out of the state of Virginia than the hokies. Also, they've lost 30 players (25% of Justin Fuente's recruits) to the portal in the past 18 months. Add all that to the fact that Bud Foster is no longer their DC and you can imagine the depths of where this program will be in the near future.

#3. Michigan State - Back to back 7-6 seasons, worst recruiting class in a decade, sexual assault scandal, Mark Dantonio resigns on the eve of signing day and a pending NCAA investigation for recruiting violations. MSU is in a death spiral. The Spartans have compiled a 27-24 record in the past four seasons. Their offense was one of the worst in the country in 2019. They scored only 29 TDs. To illustrate just how bad that is, the 2019 CANES' offense, which was our worst since 2007 scored 43 TDs.

As bad as things may have felt at the end of 2019, at least the CANES are trending upwards. Imagine being a fan of any of the above teams. It's gonna be brutal in 2020 for those programs.
I would appreciate the schadenfreude a lot more if t was happening to Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

Even more surprising was how they had a chance at the end of last season to win the Coastal, but faltered to UVA...shocking considering half their roster portal'd out in the off season

Advertisement
Back