Scenario to bench Malik

Canesfreak89

Redshirt Freshman
What do you all think the tolerance on malik will be Saturday? I don’t even want him starting the game but if we get down by more then 7 points at any point in the game I don’t see how he takes the field again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do you all think the tolerance on malik will be Saturday? I don’t even want him starting the game but if we get down by more then 7 points at any point in the game I don’t see how he takes the field again.

Thats what I"m hoping for a 3-3 first quarter were Malik has an INT, the defense Is playing awesome and richt throws in Perry to energize the team and he balls out. Only question is does Richt have the stones to make the change on the road.

Thats what I"m hoping for a 3-3 first quarter were Malik has an INT, the defense Is playing awesome and richt throws in Perry to energize the team and he balls out. Only question is does Richt have the stones to make the change on the road.
I don’t see how he keeps him in if he is completing less then 60% in this game.

Best svenario is we get down a couple td's with malik loafin around then Kosi comes in an we win. Almost guaranteed he'll remain the starter.

Advertisement
I think he would have to turn the ball over or just not move the ball i.e lots of three and outs etc.., then we might get to see Perry in a more competitive environment.

Advertisement
The more this goes on the more I think we'd have to lose to a team like Toledo or FIU with an inexcusable performance by Rosier for Richt to bench Rosier. If that happens our season in terms of national picture is over.

Some people wish for injury and to that I say **** no. We can't risk dude getting a medical red-shirt and deal with even a 1% possibility of Rosier returning next season with a chance to be a backup or worse, a starter.

Advertisement
If we don’t come in to this game with a plan to rotate two QB’s ala Clemson and Bama (wk1), I’m at a complete loss...

If CMR doesn’t want to spell that out going into the game, I’m fine with that, but if that’s not what happens, I just don’t know how I can continue to support this regime. Better late than never, but it’s already getting late early.

My gut tells me this is Rosier’s game all the way, win or lose. I hope one of the young 3 gets a shot for some meaningful reps.

My gut tells me this is Rosier’s game all the way, win or lose. I hope one of the young 3 gets a shot for some meaningful reps.
I think Richt is closer to making a change then it seems. He can’t come out and put a player on blast and say if X happens he will be benched, I would be really surprised if Richt hasn’t thought about what Malik has to do to get benched.

It cannot be because Malik was injured. Or, at least, I hope it isn't - and not just because I'd hate to see any 'Cane injured.

It's far better for the team and whichever QB replaces him (presumably N'Kosi, though I would be excited about Jarren), that the new QB earned his place with superior play and not because of happenstance.

Advertisement
Back