scathing new article about the athletic department’s leadership

Advertisement
This narrative is a little lazy, no? Sure, I'd love more money pumped into the program . . . more academic support staff . . . analysts . . . more nutrition and S&C staff . . . and just more support staff in general . . . but can we point to any particular "thing" that we need at this point? The IPF was huge. We're probably already near capacity in terms of space on campus. Realistically, what more do we need?
It’s so lazy. Sick of hearing about it. It doesn’t take an $8m / yr head coach to teach kids how to tackle and put together a game plan that hides your weaknesses and exposes the weaknesses of the competition. Our underperformance on the field is the issue. Our recruiting is actually good if you compare it to our record over the last 15 years. Get a coach to lead us to 2 consecutive 10+ win seasons and watch how we recruit top 5 or 10 easy.

****....they went ham on the Frenk, admin, and James. A lot of this info is incorrect (like buyout amounts) but still a good read.

I'll post the link and the text as well. There's also a breakdown on why Mario sticking to his QB is a bad idea (only in the attachment, i just copied the Miami story below).

Best paragraph written in a lomg time...

"... the erotic type of offensive ineptness that makes Illini coach Bret Bielema happy as he employs seven offensive linemen in jumbo packages and slows the tempo to a death march..."

😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

That would be a really cool gesture from the fanbase to a diehard booster. Don't think that's ever been done.
I'd contribute to this...

Banners should fly for the rest of the season so nobody forgets. Maybe over the CFB Gameday set for national pub..

Yup...let's live up to our reputation.

Advertisement
Forgive me but I'm not buying the narrative that Diaz's fate is already sealed. This administration is in no hurry to pay one buyout much less two. They are going to give him every opportunity to save himself. They have been setting their BS narrative with "youth movement" and "we should be 4-2 instead of 2-4". IF he somehow beats Pitt on the road this week, watch how quickly the energy shifts to keeping Diaz. They will say "we should be 6-2, playing all young guys. We beat 2 Top 25 teams back to back when the team could have easily quit on Manny and he got them to rally around him. He needs more time with the guys he recruited". They will even point to Kirk's comments this week of " "A lot of noise and distractions-could have lost their way-if anything playing HARDER for their coaches and for each other. GREAT to see!" to combat his earlier comments. IF he beats them and somehow gets us to 7-5 they will bring him back unless we get absolutely embarrassed in the bowl game. Then they will throw an additional $1-2 million at the football program for additional analyst and support staff to show they are "serious" about winning. Its unlikely he gets us to 7-5 and I hope I'm wrong but if we beat Pitt this week, prepare thy ****.
If Kenny Heisman can't beat us then I think perhaps we've been premature with that nickname.

If yall hate the offense now, but you’re clamoring for Mark Stoops...

Smh man yall are in for a rude awakening lol
I dislike the offence now because the play calling is subpar and the Oline can't move anyone.

I'm not opposed to the offence in principle. I know you're keen on seeing us switching to an even more aggressive passing offence, but I just want to see competence and player development across the board. That's what we're really missing.

I dislike the offence now because the play calling is subpar and the Oline can't move anyone.

I'm not opposed to the offence in principle. I know you're keen on seeing us switching to an even more aggressive passing offence, but I just want to see competence and player development across the board. That's what we're really missing.
You won’t get any of that with Mark Stoops is the point...

Advertisement
There's lazy journalism and there's this. I'm convinced that a lot of this crap coming out is designed to get Mario here, despite him not being worth 8 million per season. There better be a legit process, instead of gifting Mario elite coach money, despite him not being elite.
I would say some pr firm is doing a good job pushing this huge salary for Mario and it being our best option but a lot of cis agrees with this

He is not worth 8 million a year or half of that. If the school will pay that much for a hc we can get much better then Mario.

Oregons going to lose to Oregon st in the civil war this year imo

I would say some pr firm is doing a good job pushing this huge salary for Mario and it being our best option but a lot of cis agrees with this

He is not worth 8 million a year or half of that. If the school will pay that much for a hc we can get much better then Mario.

Oregons going to lose to Oregon st in the civil war this year imo
Give me 8 million, I can get a better coach for 6, and take that 2 million and add it to the assistant pool, and build a very good staff. Frankly, if you put most of your money into building an elite staff, you'll get a better product than if you blew your budget on the HC and then hired crap assistants.

Don’t mess this hiring process up again Blake…if Manny wins out and when the acc championship game and bowl game..ain’t No way N **** Blake fires Manny…

Advertisement
I hear everyone talking stoops here and I want him as well but what makes it seem that he would come here?
I think it all depends on how much he enjoyed his time here - purely from a standard of living point of view. If he is more of a rural, country kind of guy, then Kentucky or a similar job is perfect for him.

However, if he enjoyed living down here and the city lifestyle, he could be swayed. From a football point of view, he personally knows the talent available down here and what can be done here as he was here for the last era of great Miami football. Also, if he would like to further his career and eventually get to the NFL, he knows this could be his launching pad like JJ, Erickson, and Butch found out.

From what I understand, he has a low buyout so that is not too much of an obstacle, but I think you'd probably have to offer him at least $6.5 million per year.

Advertisement
We need to stop looking at college coaches. There are a ton of affordable pro coaches either currently working or not that could do wonders at Miami. Come on down, put the work in for four or five then go to the pros. Then repeat this process.

Advertisement
Back