Jordan Scarlett
Mark Walton

GIVE ME TWO CLAPS AND A RICK FLAIR!!!!

That would've been unfair... But I see the depth chart next year as

Scarlett 1
Yearby 1a)
Walton 2)
Gray 3)

Moves Gus to FB (davenport type) and tucker to FB/LB.. We need DEPTH at Lb and tucker has that experience also put tucker on ST to increase his PT

I am on the boat that Gray moves to WR. Doesn't seen natural at RB.

Now as for Gus. Gus is nowhere near as talented or even athletic as Davenport was. I HATE when anyone mentions Gus to fullback like Najeh. I do think Gus can become a fullback but not like Najeh was.

Lot of people forget but do you know why Najeh was moved to fullback?

Najeh was a freak of nature at RB until he went down with that critical injury.

6'1"-6'2" 235 and ran a legitimate 4.4

After he completely blew out that knee in the opening game in 98 he was never the same.

Speak to anyone who was around the program around that time.

If Najeh never went down with that injury, would be a completely different timeline in that runningback stable. James Jackson would have been riding the bench and Jackson was actually a good back... Portis, Gore and McGahee would have never became the featured backs until another year from the point that they did at The U.

I credit coach Don Soldinger for developing Najeh into the fullback he became after the injury. It sucks looking back on it cause Najeh was unreal.

Agree on Najeh's talent level. This kid was a monster coming out of HS. If my memory serves me correctly, he was also injured after his 6-7th game of his Sr year. That year ("97"), he had close to 1000 yards rushing with limited carries. Ben 'Bennie" from the "K "led dade county in rushing that year.

Look at our running back depth chart next year

Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Jordan Scarlett
Mark Walton

Scarlett 1
Yearby 1a)
Walton 2)
Gray 3)

Moves Gus to FB (davenport type) and tucker to FB/LB.. We need DEPTH at Lb and tucker has that experience also put tucker on ST to increase his PT

Now as for Gus. Gus is nowhere near as talented or even athletic as Davenport was. I HATE when anyone mentions Gus to fullback like Najeh. I do think Gus can become a fullback but not like Najeh was.

After he completely blew out that knee in the opening game in 98 he was never the same.

If Najeh never went down with that injury, would be a completely different timeline in that runningback stable. James Jackson would have been riding the bench and Jackson was actually a good back... Portis, Gore and McGahee would have never became the featured backs until another year from the point that they did at The U.

I credit coach Don Soldinger for developing Najeh into the fullback he became after the injury. It sucks looking back on it cause Najeh was unreal.

Agree on Najeh's talent level. This kid was a monster coming out of HS. If my memory serves me correctly, he was also injured after his 6-7th game of his Sr year. That year ("97"), he had close to 1000 yards rushing with limited carries. Ben 'Bennie" from the "K "led dade county in rushing that year.

Some people had mentioned to me before that they strongly believed Najeh would have been the best back to come through Miami if he never got that injury.

I remember when he would come in to give Edge a breather. My god what a nightmare he was.

I am a believer that Gore would have been the best if not for blowing out both knees but Najeh was right up there with him. People forget but anyone who actually watched us back then will remember how special of a talent Najeh was before the kickoff classic against Ohio State.

I don't know I still belive he is UF bound to go along with there 8 low 3 star commits and not one commit to the new coach McGluie yet

They need to replace those old fat guys w/ some bunnies hanging around the Mayfair pool. (Not CBunny)

Advertisement
Look at our running back depth chart next year

Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Jordan Scarlett
Mark Walton

Scarlett 1
Yearby 1a)
Walton 2)
Gray 3)

Some people had mentioned to me before that they strongly believed Najeh would have been the best back to come through Miami if he never got that injury.

I remember when he would come in to give Edge a breather. My god what a nightmare he was.

I am a believer that Gore would have been the best if not for blowing out both knees but Najeh was right up there with him. People forget but anyone who actually watched us back then will remember how special of a talent Najeh was before the kickoff classic against Ohio State.

Gore before injuries was the best thing I've seen at UM . That's almost thirty years of being a fan.

Scarlett 1
Yearby 1a)
Walton 2)
Gray 3)

Gore before injuries was the best thing I've seen at UM . That's almost thirty years of being a fan.

Gore would have been the best running back ever at Miami if not for the injuries

Quentin Chandler from Mac in Broward was the best back in So Fla that year... "97"... Real talk.

I'm not arguing that at all though.

I am a firm believer Gore was the best pre-injury of any to come through but Najeh was very well up there in that category just some of the younger or people who didn't watch back then fans or people who forgot, forget that Najeh was a very special talent and is extremely under appreciated now.

For a big guy, Najeh could fly pre-injury.

Was sad watching him the very next year cause he was not the same player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know I still belive he is UF bound to go along with there 8 low 3 star commits and not one commit to the new coach McGluie yet
Hey that's not true, they got Daniel Imatorbhebhe since the new coach was hired lol but 8 commits overall this late is just sad. That name is just awesome fwiw

Arent there rumors that they are waiting for this coming weekend for all their "major" players to commit

Davenport was a beast - but it was one of those guys who was always nicked up. He missed games with injury in HS. He missed games with injuries in the Pros. He didn't play in the 2001 Rose Bowl becuase he was hurt, and McGahee started at Fullback.

It wasn't just the knee, he got just was one of those guys who always unlucky with injuries and it kept him from reaching his full potential.

Scarlett could be an injury free Najeh.

Advertisement

Scarlett 1
Yearby 1a)
Walton 2)
Gray 3)

Great points guys me being 18 I've just heard a lot of what I said I believe gray should be a WR or even an OLB.. He played defense IN HS. And he would be sick but I think we all agree GRAY is soo versatile it's gunna be hard to find a position for him.. Gus than would be slotted were gray is

You guys, we all know Gus will be the starting RB next year. Based on talent, if we get Walton and Scarlett, Gus should be no better than 3rd string. But I'd bet Gus will probably get more than 1/3 of the carries next year.

Let's hope not, because that would just be bad.

Kevin. Gray played QB/WR in highschool and I guess you can say RB too out of the wildcat.

I believe Gray would need a redshirt year to play on defense at safety or linebacker.

I think his best fit would be at WR, some wildcat and play on return teams.

Advertisement
Back