Scaife has been getting bullied all year

How is Clark not being mentioned in this thread. He gets pushed back on every snap it’s disgusting.

Advertisement
I think they need to put Campbell in at OG. No way he isn’t one of the top 5. I’ve always wanted to see Scaife at OG, but I’ve seen enough. Move him back to tackle. We have 2 weeks to get a new unit figured out.

Which one LT or RT ? Because he's definitely not taking Williams spot, and Zion has looked better at LT than Campbell and Scaife. They're not going to move Gaynor, so what other move can they make besides moving Campbell to either spot ?

No he isn’t. Zion is and keeps proving it over and over again. He went up against another NFL guy and dominated. The REAL problem is that we’re playing 3 centers on the interior.
Zion is good and I think has promise, but you really think Zion is better than Scaife at tackle at this point?

Advertisement
I really, really hope rivers is the goods. Zion and Williams are about the only competent linemen we have, and the latter is more than likely gone after this season (this whole covid 2020 redshirt thing is bizarre lol)

Zion is good and I think has promise, but you really think Zion is better than Scaife at tackle at this point?
Zion has gone up against Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver, and Snowden from UVA....all NFL guys with Jones probably being a first rounder and hasn’t given up a sack unless the play or protection blew up somehow. Not only is he our best lineman but nobody is even in the same stratosphere on that line.

I went back and watched some games specifically to watch this guy. He's no different then Wiggins, pope, Harley or Mallory. Lazy auf. Diaz needs to play close attention to some of these guys on offense cause these lazy players are gonna end up killing him.

Another problem is I think Diaz thinks he can coach his way out of this and it doesn't matter if his players work hard. When has Diaz mentioned anything about working hard?

Hes not a guard. Never was one........his best position is either out wide at Tackle or center. The only reason he s at guard is because he is short. Its acually annoying as ive likely been saying this 3 years now. UGA had a guy who is/was very similar to scaife play Tackle at a high level. The crazy part is John Campbell isnt bad looking at guard...but they keep him out at Tackle because he is 6'5.

GAYNOR isnt much better or better at all he gets B8tch repeatedly. Its not seen as much because he is at center. In fact one of the plays Scaife kind of got bulld ozed was because Gaynor was of no use on the DL game.

Our interior consist of 3 centers....THATS why we cant get much movement inside...add to it LBS jus blitzing the a gaps because we are so predictable on run downs and have a qb that we dont want to run the ball. If thats the case he has to go wild cat a bit more than he has shown
Facts

Advertisement
Zion has gone up against Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver, and Snowden from UVA....all NFL guys with Jones probably being a first rounder and hasn’t given up a sack unless the play or protection blew up somehow. Not only is he our best lineman but nobody is even in the same stratosphere on that line.
I’ve been saying for three weeks he’s playing well , people just can’t get over last year. He’s been the best and most consistent ol.

I use the UM gym facilities. I frequently bump into the kids (although not since covid). The last time I saw Scaife--maybe a year plus ago?--I was surprised at how thin he was.

I think he's a guy that is a victim of a lack of depth. Ideally, a kid like this comes in, redshirts and spends the 1st year bulking up and working on developing his strength. But, because of the lack of depth, he's been a three-year starter and never had that luxury.

I don’t buy this at all. What has everyone been doing every off season? Just bc you’re a starter doesn’t mean anything. Guys at every other school in America that start for 3-4 years get bigger and stronger.

GAYNOR isnt much better or better at all he gets B8tch repeatedly. Its not seen as much because he is at center. In fact one of the plays Scaife kind of got bulld ozed was because Gaynor was of no use on the DL game.
Gaynor is a problem, he's not good blocking and his snaps are ******* awful, he's throwing the timing off on some of those screens with low snaps

Sfla should only be recruited for skill position players and defensive players.

Lineman should come from parts of the country that produce them. Id look at players that teams like Wisky, Iowa and Ok state are interested in

Advertisement
Gaynor needs to go. Replace with Clark if he’s a better snapper. Move Campbell inside at LG.
We need someone bigger and more physical at RG. Reed or one of the freshman.
Scaife backs up Zion and Williams at the tackle spots.

Lineman should come from parts of the country that produce them. Id look at players that teams like Wisky, Iowa and Ok state are interested in
Maybe we could say the same thing about WR's and DB's. They are from SoFlo and are not doing very well.

Advertisement

In the past 15 years, our South Florida OL have outproduced our national OL by a massive margin. 77% of our drafted linemen since 2004 have been from South Florida, and a bunch more have been starters. Our national OL have mostly been busts.

Obviously, there are better OL nationally than locally. But they are tough to recruit to Miami, so we get the Zach Dykstras and Matt Piphos from Iowa. The hope is we can recruit better nationally when we win more.

This kid is broken. Just got bullied all game. Ruined Borregales perfect year with his pathetic effort on that FG that was blocked.

Scaife has never been a guard. Me and @Cribby have been saying it for years now. The problem is we are weak at guard and relatively better at T.

We need more big bodies. That’s my one concern with the ‘21 OL class. Great players but more of the same size-wise.

I
In the past 15 years, our South Florida OL have outproduced our national OL by a massive margin. 77% of our drafted linemen since 2004 have been from South Florida, and a bunch more have been starters. Our national OL have mostly been busts.

Obviously, there are better OL nationally than locally. But they are tough to recruit to Miami, so we get the Zach Dykstras and Matt Piphos from Iowa. The hope is we can recruit better nationally when we win more.

Our last good Oline I feel was 2013. If im not mistaken all 5 are in the NFL currently

Advertisement
Back