Scaife has been getting bullied all year

Scaife and Gaynor are so skinny. If the staff took my advice and allowed the OL to train in Canada during the summer they could pack on some weight.

Advertisement
I loved Campbell at G at the end of last year. Since it seems he lost his starting spot at T, maybe we give him another shot there.

He always looks lost with the outside pass rush, if he ever plays and starts here consistently it will be at G

Im going to keep it real. Me personally as a recruit....I was Scaife. I mean same height/ body type as well. I remember Art Kehoe told me at a camp i would be a good center (and i looked down on him, Center was seen like a sucky position to me)...I played Tackle. When i played in college they would at times try to put me at guard as we had alot of length with tackle guys 6'5-6'7 guys. But i was better than them as a tackle. I also wasnt very strong..but i absolutely HATED being put at guard and was uncomfortable there. They figured it out and just left me out wide..being backed up by 6'7 315pd guy...and i was Scaife size.

Being a guard is a mindset thing. Its a phone booth. I worked well at Tackle because i cmae from a basketball background and had great feet and longer arms. I would out thnk the ends, move well..shield them to the outside,e etc. On the inside it isnt the same game. Scaife likely goes through that same feeling.

i totally get this.

there's something to be said for putting a guy in a position where he feels comfortable.

my sophomore year at Yale, we had a right tackle that was barely 6 ft 1, and a right guard that was a legit 6 ft. 5. if you switched their positions, which the coaches did for the first year and a half of their careers, you would have thought neither one would ever see the field. they only ended up at T/G respectively by an odd mistake, and the coaches realized they were better in spots than their body types would suggest.

it happens.

i'm all for getting the 5 best OL on the field, but scaife clearly is not good at guard.

Advertisement
Back