Says Pete...

Advertisement
From 11-18-2015

I don't want to stir the pot, or give any false hope, but I have a friend who happens to work at Korn Ferry as a consultant. My friend is NOT working on the UM coaching search, but did tell me that a couple of the sports practice consultants there hold Butch in very high regard. According to my friend, these consultants have told him that Butch is the greatest evaluator of talent in the game and it's not even close, and while they recognize that the UNC thing has been a sticking point in the past, they've vetted Butch and they do not see a problem with his candidacy. He is not sure that UM will agree with their opinion that Butch is free of taint from that UNC scandal. I repeat, I am not saying that Butch will be the next head coach at UM, but this cannot hurt his chances.

Advertisement
From 11-18-2015

I don't want to stir the pot, or give any false hope, but I have a friend who happens to work at Korn Ferry as a consultant. My friend is NOT working on the UM coaching search, but did tell me that a couple of the sports practice consultants there hold Butch in very high regard. According to my friend, these consultants have told him that Butch is the greatest evaluator of talent in the game and it's not even close, and while they recognize that the UNC thing has been a sticking point in the past, they've vetted Butch and they do not see a problem with his candidacy. He is not sure that UM will agree with their opinion that Butch is free of taint from that UNC scandal. I repeat, I am not saying that Butch will be the next head coach at UM, but this cannot hurt his chances.

your arm hurt ?

From 11-18-2015

your arm hurt ?

No.

Advertisement
Pete posts like a 14 year old girl. Dude is incapable of making a direct statement like a man.

giphy.gif

Bad hire. We will be looking for a new coach and AD in 3 years
If it gets us a new AD it was worth it, regardless of how Butch pans out.

Why exactly do you want a new AD? Blake will be here as long as he wants.
Blake is part of the problem. He's inexperienced and this coaching search is evidence of that. There was clearly no plan beyond firing Golden. It took 5 weeks to interview two unemployed coaches -- one of whom has been begging for the job for the last 4 years. What are we going to do in 5 years when Butch decides to step down -- interview Larry Coker and James Coley? He wasted time listening to former players and local high school coaches to try to make the safest hire possible because he does his job like Golden coached -- conservative and scared.

Advertisement
If there is a secret candidate....it's Chud.

He was the leader out of the gate and you have not heard his name at all recently.

Tuesday is off day for NFL teams. Me thinks Blake is meeting him today. Blake has always had a huge boner for Chud.

What's the point of korn ferry if we hiring Butch? Wasting money man...

The important thing is the process. I think we did conduct a full search, but we didn't get to reel in the big names for one reason or another.

For you uneducated in the business world. Firms like Korn do more than give ideas. I suspect there they were hired primarily to make darn certain that the NCAA had nothing on Butch and a secondary function being to confirm who would be other options and who would be on the staff. Geesh, just get over it and rededicate yourself to helping the team or get the fun out.

Advertisement
Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 56s56 seconds ago
Greg Schiano would be a nightmare hire

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 2m2 minutes ago
Don't kid yourself. Stuart Miller is making plays in this coaching search #Canes

Advertisement
Back