Say what? Spring practice in Rome, Italy?

Advertisement
When you're a historically overrated program with no natural recruiting base, like Michigan, you're stuck relying on gimmicks like this to make your program seem cool.

When you're a historically overrated program with no natural recruiting base, like Michigan, you're stuck relying on gimmicks like this to make your program seem cool.

Couldn't have said it any better.

At first, I was feeling Harbaugh, but now it's becoming painfully obvious that he's a gimmick artist and I'm beginning to see why there was so much friction between him and the 9ers. How bout doing a Spring game in your own back yard so recruits can see you.

I mean it's pretty awesome for the players who most of have probably not been able to travel internationally in their lives. Not a fan of Michigan but it's not such a bad idea.

At first, I was feeling Harbaugh, but now it's becoming painfully obvious that he's a gimmick artist and I'm beginning to see why there was so much friction between him and the 9ers. How bout doing a Spring game in your own back yard so recruits can see you.

It says one week of practice so they are likely still having the spring game in Michigan. While I agree he's a gimmick artist, it's not really a bad idea. If the school could afford to send all those kids overseas to experience a unique experience I'm not against it.

Advertisement
One of my favorite cities. I've been there many times over 50 years. Don't kid your self, this is an awesome experience for those guys.

This will backfire when Michigan loses 4+games next year. 85 mildly educated football in a foreign country, what could go wrong?

Advertisement
I guess they are trying to pull some kicking recruits out of the area.

The Canes will be headed to Cartagena next Spring, but it won't be for practice...

Are they having the Spring Game in Rome?

Advertisement
Canes are traveling to Italy so Richt can cleanse the lands of D'onofrio's ancestors

Looking forward to the day this board stops making D'onofrio jokes. He was historically bad. We get it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back