Say what? Spring practice in Rome, Italy?

Advertisement
Basketball programs do this all the time, they go overseas over the summer and play pro teams. Harbaugh is merely bringing that to a new sport. I don't have a beef with it, it is a good educational experience for the kids, and brings much needed PR to the program.

Advertisement
When you're a historically overrated program with no natural recruiting base, like Michigan, you're stuck relying on gimmicks like this to make your program seem cool.

Couldn't have said it any better.

At first, I was feeling Harbaugh, but now it's becoming painfully obvious that he's a gimmick artist and I'm beginning to see why there was so much friction between him and the 9ers. How bout doing a Spring game in your own back yard so recruits can see you.

Are they having the Spring Game in Rome?

No; I misread. They are just practicing in Rome. Don't know where their spring game will be held.

Basketball programs do this all the time, they go overseas over the summer and play pro teams. Harbaugh is merely bringing that to a new sport. I don't have a beef with it, it is a good educational experience for the kids, and brings much needed PR to the program.

From a cost and logistics perspective, the difference between basketball and football when doing something like this, it's like the difference between night and day. You can find lots of places to play basketball. Basketball is a huge deal in Europe. All kinds of leagues that are well followed. Football? Zero, zip.

Think of the logistics and just finding somewhere to practice that's decent. And think of how many people you're schlepping around. 100? Somewhere around that number.

The only way this makes sense, is if somehow Harbaugh thinks this is going to massively help recruiting. It is not going to help his current football team in any way shape or form.

Just 60 or 70 tired kids getting rushed around to different sites and having practices in between. Most of them are too young to even appreciate or enjoy Europe, especially when they're getting rushed around in a crowded bus from place to place. . All it's gonna do is make them exhausted and cranky.

Also, it's not worth the cost. My guess is a trip like this with all the people involved, we're talking over $1 million. Probably much more than that.

From a cost and logistics perspective, the difference between basketball and football when doing something like this, it's like the difference between night and day. You can find lots of places to play basketball. Basketball is a huge deal in Europe. All kinds of leagues that are well followed. Football? Zero, zip.

Think of the logistics and just finding somewhere to practice that's decent. And think of how many people you're schlepping around. 100? Somewhere around that number.

The only way this makes sense, is if somehow Harbaugh thinks this is going to massively help recruiting. It is not going to help his current football team in any way shape or form.

Just 60 or 70 tired kids getting rushed around to different sites and having practices in between. Most of them are too young to even appreciate or enjoy Europe, especially when they're getting rushed around in a crowded bus from place to place. . All it's gonna do is make them exhausted and cranky.

Also, it's not worth the cost. My guess is a trip like this with all the people involved, we're talking over $1 million. Probably much more than that.

feel better now?

Advertisement
When you're a historically overrated program with no natural recruiting base, like Michigan, you're stuck relying on gimmicks like this to make your program seem cool.

If you looked up overrated in google, michigan would be the first football program.

feel better now?

What the fūck does that mean? Did I catch you on your period? Your ******* are tender and you're cranky?

It's a reasonable fūcking post about the logistics of a big trip, and you come up with a feminine response like that? Next time, take your Midol and don't bother commenting, young lady.

Advertisement
I think it's a great idea!

Not sure it has any real football value, but it's certainly a great perk for those players.

Definitely will be used in their recruiting pitches, but I doubt that ROI really pencils out.

Unless ... Harbaugh and the university are really pitching this as the development and exposure for the entire "student-athlete". Under that scenario, this trip is invaluable. The number of guys on their roster who have (and never will) travel abroad is probably a really big number. This trip will be a life-experience.

Advertisement
LMAO, guess not

i realize a minimum wage ****** like you has trouble with long post and words with more than 2 syllables. If you want pūssy, I'll try to dumb it down for you next time, just let me know.

Now hurry, it's time to clock in, bītch.

LOL brotha, im not sure you could have made it any dumber than you originally did. but humor me some more & take another stab at it

LMAO, guess not

i realize a minimum wage ****** like you has trouble with long post and words with more than 2 syllables. If you want pūssy, I'll try to dumb it down for you next time, just let me know.

LOL brotha, im not sure you could have made it any dumber than you originally did. but humor me some more & take another stab at it

Flint day laborer in the house

LMAO, guess not

Flint day laborer in the house

no wait, c'mon im serious..

tell me more about how hard it's gonna be for michigan to find somewhere to practice. think the colosseum's available? might make it easier on those exhausted and cranky kids if they're able to both practice & sight see at the same time. now, if only they can find room in that $152 million athletic budget...

Advertisement
Back