Saturday practice buzz

Any chance Mammarelli ends up on the line? Make take the Zion plan to become a tackle?
It would also be nice to see Mammarelli in some 2 TE sets as the blocking TE. Could also set up some nice redzone and short yardage play-action plays where he chips (fake blocks) and is wide open because everyone expects the other TE to get the ball. Kind of like teams do with a play-action pass to a FB.

Advertisement
Not a bad thought. I see some of CIS with laughter, but Prow Bowl Jason Peters formerly of my Philadelphia Eagles was a TE at Arkansas. Never played OT until the practice squad in the NFL. It can be done.
I’m from Iowa and they recruited Robert Gallery as a TE but switched him to tackle as a sophomore I believe. I have no idea on if he is better suited as a TE or an olineman. I was just curious if anyone else had any ideas especially if our other TE are performing well.

Top tier guys go from lower programs to higher ones.

G5 to p5 or low p5 to more elite teams.

Evaluation is key. Some guys make the transition much better than others. I agree that bonafide, proven p5 impact players are much harder to find. You usually end up projecting.
Everyone on CIS is projecting the current roster based on 1 day of real contact and a few tidbits of information.

Let's see who emerges thru Spring practices. We'll have a clearer picture then.

I’m from Iowa and they recruited Robert Gallery as a TE but switched him to tackle as a sophomore I believe. I have no idea on if he is better suited as a TE or an olineman. I was just curious if anyone else had any ideas especially if our other TE are performing well.
I'm from Iowa as well. Grew up in Marshalltown.

Didn't realize Gallery was originally a TE.

Advertisement
I'm from Iowa as well. Grew up in Marshalltown.

Didn't realize Gallery was originally a TE.
He had a few catches as a redshirt freshman and then switched to tackle. I live in the Des Moines area.

I like the idea of an athletic tackle who may not be athletic enough to play TE.

Advertisement
Your weight approximates are virtually all off. Way off on DP as SWFL pointed out
No they are not. Perryman said in a interview here himself that he was 250 as a jr. He lost weight and got down to 235 for the pro day. The rest of the weights are what guys are listed or have said themselves

Advertisement
Advertisement
No sir olave is way faster. At osu he consistently ran past people and ran a 4.39 40. George ain’t running close to that. I would like to know where urban finds these wrs cause all them dudes are running 4.3
They found Olave by accident. They were scouting somebody else and Olave impressed them.

No sir olave is way faster. At osu he consistently ran past people and ran a 4.39 40. George ain’t running close to that. I would like to know where urban finds these wrs cause all them dudes are running 4.3
Olave is 187 lbs now he ran a 4.73 in HS at 160 lbs ..some kids get faster once they get stronger at the next level ...George added some bulk it will be interesting to see if he gained more speed...

Advertisement
Back