Saturday at noon on the CW, La Salle at Miami(-14.5)

Advertisement
This team needs to grow some nuts before conference play starts back up. Idk what’s going on with these second halves. I’ll take the win especially coming off an embarrassing loss tho.

Advertisement
Alright. I’ve come around, I think Benz needs to come off the bench. He just is not providing the same spark as a starter.

Decent win over what's likely a Tournament team. But still so much sloppiness. The talent is there but there's a competence edge last year's team had that this year's team just doesn't. Not sure how far we're going if we don't find it.

Miami beat a decent LaSalle team, in a game that outside of a minute stretch in the 2nd half was relatively comfortable. This team is still learning itself, and roles are still being defined. That said, I'd rather this team learn and close out games with wins, compared to what other teams, with significantly more talent are doing and that's lose these kind of games.

Advertisement
Alright. I’ve come around, I think Benz needs to come off the bench. He just is not providing the same spark as a starter.
George could put up points quick. Benz provides different energy off the bench. Maybe L will change it up for the final 2 non conference games.

1702753460937.png

I know every game is different but Duke beat LaSalle by 29...
And? Duke lost to GT. I just don't get it, I don't get why some continue to do this after relatively comfortable wins. Yes, we would have all preferred for it to be a 40 point blowout where the walkons played, but it didn't happen. There's something for L to teach to, but that would be true even if the team was 10-0. This team has flaws, but we knew that coming into the season. Keep winning, keep improving and keep experimenting until you get the right combos going.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing but I do think with how bad the defense is already it could lead to it being worse. Need to rewatch some games but I feel like I notice George getting caught ball watching and beat off ball a lot.

Advertisement
I don't know if he will trade his d for offense on this team.
The problem is that you have to bench either him or Pack, and Pack will never be a bench player. You can't have both of them out there for extended minutes, because Pack is so bad defensively, and Bens doesn't really have a role with Nijel on the floor. Let Bens be the first guy off the bench, get George out there as a starter.

I think its discerning and worthy what Coach L said in the interview, basically: the last 7 minutes were set plays to get the ball to Pack, to pass (to an open man) or shoot. That sure seems better than a lot of hero ball, guys driving 1 and 1 or dribbling too much as they struggle to get into a shot-making position for THEMSELVES. I just hope the guys comply and execute!!!

The problem is that you have to bench either him or Pack, and Pack will never be a bench player. You can't have both of them out there for extended minutes, because Pack is so bad defensively, and Bens doesn't really have a role with Nijel on the floor. Let Bens be the first guy off the bench, get George out there as a starter.
I don't disagree, which is why I thought we desperately needed another guy, but I just don't know if L will make that trade off.

I don't disagree, which is why I thought we desperately needed another guy, but I just don't know if L will make that trade off.
He may not have a choice, if George keeps growing like he has. You can't keep a talent like George on the bench, especially if the light is truly coming on. You sit down with Bens, and tell him the truth: "You are a big part of this team, but I need you to understand that you and Nijel together in the starting lineup is keeping a unique talent on the bench, and that is hurting the team. You will be my first guy off the bench, likely getting starters' minutes"

Advertisement
Back