Saturday at noon on the CW, La Salle at Miami(-14.5)

He may not have a choice, if George keeps growing like he has. You can't keep a talent like George on the bench, especially if the light is truly coming on. You sit down with Bens, and tell him the truth: "You are a big part of this team, but I need you to understand that you and Nijel together in the starting lineup is keeping a unique talent on the bench, and that is hurting the team. You will be my first guy off the bench, likely getting starters' minutes"
I am sure if George hits that point he will make the change. I think he finds it easier to use him to take minutes from both Pack and Bens. If that makes sense. Instead of Bens being that guy giving him and Pack breathers. Once again, why I really hoped we got another plug and play bigger guard.

Advertisement
I am sure if George hits that point he will make the change. I think he finds it easier to use him to take minutes from both Pack and Bens. If that makes sense. Instead of Bens being that guy giving him and Pack breathers. Once again, why I really hoped we got another plug and play bigger guard.
The problem is that it's unlikely any other legit plug and play guard with that size would have transferred in. Why would they? They can get as many minutes as they want at a number of other programs. George was a bit under the radar, and he's been a nice surprise, because a lot of people thought he wouldn't look like this so early. We've seen the flashes from him, the question is when he puts it all together.

The problem is that it's unlikely any other legit plug and play guard with that size would have transferred in. Why would they? They can get as many minutes as they want at a number of other programs. George was a bit under the radar, and he's been a nice surprise, because a lot of people thought he wouldn't look like this so early. We've seen the flashes from him, the question is when he puts it all together.
I was high on George, would rather him and Bens come off the bench. Wasn't thrilled with Cleveland but we got what we got. If we were going to start Bens, should have gone hard after a better scoring guard his size, at least. Using him as a defender to replace Pack in crunch would be best.

Nice bounce back win; Wooga & Omier played great. When the Offense runs through them 2, we're able to play at a much better pace & it opens up the floor.

Also liked what I saw from Kyshawn George, the more comfortable he gets within the system the more he'll be able to contribute down the stretch in big time moments against the ACC. He's a natural feel kinda player, that when he's not overthinking & just playing freely is when he's at his best.

The key to the season will be getting Casey, Nwoko & Watson at optimum level. We're still a good team, it's just a matter of being able to ride out the ebs & flows of a long season.

Advertisement
there was a stretch at the end of the game when we had 4-5 possessions in a row on defense where we clearly turned up the effort.

All the more reason we need 2-3 more guys to be able to spell some guys so we can do that for longer stretches.

I didn't see any of the (**** kids), but reading this thread I expected Omier to have fouled out with zero points. He had 23 and 8.
Ok but he was 0-2 of 0-3 from 3, losing his man on d often, biting on pump fakes. I only saw the second half so I can’t comment on the first. His numbers were good yes but something doesn’t seem right about him this year from last year.

Plenty of season left tho.

Advertisement
Cleveland had a great first half. Did it all, handled the ball, scored, rebounded and handed out a bunch of assists.

Bensley still can't score when he penetrates. I'd split time between Bens and George in that "fifth starter" slot.

I really don't know what Watson's game is. He's not a 3 point shooter, and not really a slasher. I guess that leaves him as a short-range jump shooter. Not enough to get him any real minutes.

Starting to think Casey's ceiling might be 5 ppg and a few boards a game. As with Watson, desn't inspire any excitement or confidence when hes in there.

Is Nwoko sick or injured? Or, for the moment, in Coach's doghouse? He's the bench player who could most provide what we need (assuming he can relax and, as the cliche goes,"let the game come to him").

This team needs to grow some nuts before conference play starts back up. Idk what’s going on with these second halves. I’ll take the win especially coming off an embarrassing loss tho.

As weird as it sounds, outside of foul trouble, it feels like L doesn't sub as much in the 2nd half of the game, and the team looks tired.

-Cleveland had a much better game today. Less jump shots and more involved around the basket
-Benz is really a 6th man. George will be starting at some point
-Wooga can easily score 20. He’s definitely leaving for the league
-Nwoko appears to be in the doghouse. Or injured
-another sloppy second half
-we’ll win games with whoever has the hot hand. It wasn’t Pack today
-Omier almost fouled out. Again. No fouls in the first half iirc
-starters are playing too many minutes. We need Watson to step up. L actually subbed Jakai in for the last few seconds of a game in the first half. Thought it was a good move

Advertisement
As weird as it sounds, outside of foul trouble, it feels like L doesn't sub as much in the 2nd half of the game, and the team looks tired.
Why would you sub when the lead is slipping away and when you have no confidence in the subs, except for George? Basically a 6 man rotation.

Casey, Watson, Nwoko and Jakai have not shown that they deserve PT. Nwoko gets a pass as he's a true Frosh, the rest are in their second and third (Jakai) seasons now.

I'd love to watch a Canes scrimmage to see if any of the bench guys (I don't include George) show any more confidence/skill in a non-game setting.

I imagine I’m going to take flack for this but this team isn’t very good right now and I don’t see the untapped potential that everyone else is hoping for.

This looks like a team that will have to shoot the air out of the ball from 3 to have the type of season everyone anticipated.

(I hope I’m totally wrong)

I imagine I’m going to take flack for this but this team isn’t very good right now and I don’t see the untapped potential that everyone else is hoping for.

This looks like a team that will have to shoot the air out of the ball from 3 to have the type of season everyone anticipated.

Shoulda gone after a portal big.. oh well, another "hope to make it to the big dance" year

Advertisement

I basically agree except perhaps about the untapped potential... seems it is there, come Dance time (assuming we r in) ...the guys may prioritize teamplay over NIL or NBA and expel the extensive physical effort for a scramble defense and 50-50 rebound battles. If the guys that can hit 3's do, we could make a deep run again, but I did say "may" (as in might makes right).

Advertisement
Back