Saturday at noon on the CW, La Salle at Miami(-14.5)

fun fact- directv doesn't have CW
1702849241087.png
1702849284953.png

I got good news for you ( I think). The direcTV-stream (extra payservice) and CW-Plus and contracts and coverage drops is very very complicated so I wont go there... but I recently watched the Canes game (on CW!) on my DirecTV so wondered why you said no CW on DirecTV...

Turns out that some of the CW stations (ex: as above, WTLF which is 24 on my DirecTV guide) are ON DirecTV but you have to know the (CW)station and channel lineup to select. So you can see I cannot get CWPlus on my TV, but I can go to WTLF channel 24 and get the exact same broadcast. May be true for some other CW stations.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement
View attachment 272844View attachment 272845

I got good news for you ( I think). The direcTV-stream (extra payservice) and CW-Plus and contracts and coverage drops is very very complicated so I wont go there... but I recently watched the Canes game (on CW!) on my DirecTV so wondered why you said no CW on DirecTV...

Turns out that some of the CW stations (ex: as above, WTLF which is 24 on my DirecTV guide) are ON DirecTV but you have to know the (CW)station and channel lineup to select. So you can see I cannot get CWPlus on my TV, but I can go to WTLF channel 24 and get the exact same broadcast. May be true for some other CW stations.

Hope this helps.
thanks! I thought it was weird that it wasn't included (recently switched to ATT Fiber and dropped cable tv for DTV stream)

Advertisement
Good win yesterday. I thought Pack did a very good job of running the point when he was on the ball. Was a willing facilitator and didn't really force the issue with turnovers or ill-advised shots. Good bounce back game for Wooga. There were times where he looked like a lottery pick. Cleveland also had a good game, particularly early on. Enjoyed seeing him and Casey compete on the boards, both making a concerted effort in limiting LaSalle's second chance opportunities. George continues to improve and seems to only be getting better with reps. Omier looked lost in the pick n roll game defensively. Lost his man too many times and was late on rotations. Not sure what happened with the bench minutes, but not a good look that only 2 guys (George & Casey) came off the bench to play more than 3 minutes. Nwoko won't improve much on the pine. He needs reps.

Good win yesterday. I thought Pack did a very good job of running the point when he was on the ball. Was a willing facilitator and didn't really force the issue with turnovers or ill-advised shots. Cleveland also had a good game, particularly early on. Enjoyed seeing him and Casey compete on the boards, both making a concerted effort in limiting LaSalle's second chance opportunities. George continues to improve and seems to only be getting better with reps. Omier looked lost in the pick n roll game defensively. Lost his man too many times and was late on rotations. Not sure what happened with the bench minutes, but not a good look that only 2 guys (George & Casey) came off the bench to play more than 3 minutes. Nwoko won't improve much on the pine. He needs reps.
Agree, esp on Nwoko and Omier. Norchad just doesn't look like the same defender he was last season. Still collecting rebounds at a nice rate but ... getting blown by off the dribble far too much. Often seems a step behind an opponent getting by him for a layup.

Agree, esp on Nwoko and Omier. Norchad just doesn't look like the same defender he was last season. Still collecting rebounds at a nice rate but ... getting blown by off the dribble far too much. Often seems a step behind an opponent getting by him for a layup.
Looked lost and disinterested at times. Omier was lazy on defense in yesterday's game.No other way to put it. Need more effort out of him on the defensive end.

I'd like him to limit his threes too. Maybe get 1 a game. He's also trying to do too much one on one **** especially from the perimeter. Love the guy but I think he's playing selfish this year.

Advertisement
I'd like him to limit his threes too. Maybe get 1 a game. He's also trying to do too much one on one **** especially from the perimeter. Love the guy but I think he's playing selfish this year.
I don't cringe when Omier shoots the three from the top of the key but ... we don't need that from him.

And, he looks a lot less dominant defending than he did last season. Don't know if "selfish" fits but something looks different for sure.

I don't cringe when Omier shoots the three from the top of the key but ... we don't need that from him.

And, he looks a lot less dominant defending than he did last season. Don't know if "selfish" fits but something looks different for sure.
I'm all for giving him a three a game and if he makes it keep shooting until you miss but can't afford him to go like 0-3 or 0-4 from deep.

The reason I said selfish is I've noticed a lot of one on one with him and refusing to give up the ball even when he's in trouble. Then it leads to a forced shot, offensive foul, or turnover.

Omier has probably backed off trying to keep from fouling out. He only had 1 foul at half time in the last game. He is a target of other teams as we don't have a sub as good as he is.

I'm all for giving him a three a game and if he makes it keep shooting until you miss but can't afford him to go like 0-3 or 0-4 from deep.

The reason I said selfish is I've noticed a lot of one on one with him and refusing to give up the ball even when he's in trouble. Then it leads to a forced shot, offensive foul, or turnover.
The good: Omier can iso and score on most opposing bigs (even big and skilled ones)

The bad: Omier is not finding the open man when the defense collapses to help.

There have been at least a couple (probably more that I have missed) occasions where Omier could have kicked out to one of Pack, Bens, or Poplar for an open 3.

Advertisement
The good: Omier can iso and score on most opposing bigs (even big and skilled ones)

There have been at least a couple (probably more that I have missed) occasions where Omier could have kicked out to one of Pack, Bens, or Poplar for an open 3.
Exactly and that's what is frustrating. Tries to do too much which then results in a offensive foul, turnover, and forced shot.

THIS... and it seems his dribbling & ball-handling is just a part of his game that needs much work. One might get the impression the NBA whisperers said he better tighten that up and he's trying to do too much now, for Coach L's tastes, (and ours.) But maybe he'll "develop". He certainly has the athleticism.

In a perfect world we would have landed a 6'10 guy in portal to help protect the rim with the inevitable beat off the dribble on d. With Omier stepping out to the wing often opening up the middle, other than Poplar, don't have another guy that can really attack the basket or back their way down to the basket. That clear out for Miller on the blocks is sorely missed. Wong being a go to guy. Tough losses, and it is showing. Think most of you are right, L will have to put George in the starting rotation, at least adding good bit of size to guard bigger guards. I would like to see Cleveland become far more assertive; it was my concern with him. Disappeared a lot in FSU games.

Advertisement
By the way, the pollsters took note of our underwhelming close win over 14.5 underdog La Salle. We dropped out of both AP and Coaches Top 25 (also from CBS 25 + 1).

Ladies also dropped out, but they did lose badly to Baylor.

THIS... and it seems his dribbling & ball-handling is just a part of his game that needs much work. One might get the impression the NBA whisperers said he better tighten that up and he's trying to do too much now, for Coach L's tastes, (and ours.) But maybe he'll "develop". He certainly has the athleticism.
A 6'6" and under guy has no future in the NBA has a post player, no matter how athletic he might be. I don't think there's any question he came back trying to prove his worth to NBA scouts. I don't know what the metrics say but I'm pretty sure he's not posting up this season as much as he did last year. And we're barely 10 games into this season and he's already launched more 3ptrs than he did last season. That said, Omier has shown improvement in ball-handling and his jump shot. Problem is, sometimes it has come at the expense of the team's success. As the season moves forwards, it will be interesting to see how Coach L can incorporate his NBA aspirations into winning basketball.

Last edited:
A 6'6" and under guy has no future in the NBA has a post player, no matter how athletic he might be. I don't think here's any question he came back trying to prove his worth to NBA scouts. I don't know what the metrics say but I'm pretty sure he's not posting up this season as much as he did last year. And we're barely 10 games into this season and he's already launched more 3ptrs than he did last season. That said, Omier has shown improvement in ball-handling and his jump shot. Problem is, sometimes it has come at the expense of the team's success. As the season moves forwards, it will be interesting to see how Coach L can incorporate his NBA aspirations into winning basketball.

Omier’s doing a pretty decent job attacking from the top of the key (more turnovers than you’d like to see but some of them come from trying to fight through help defense rather than pass)… problem is he’s not consistently dishing when the defense collapses. At least from what I can see.

Maybe he heard that Heat needs a point guard..

Advertisement
Back