Saturday at noon on the CW, La Salle at Miami(-14.5)

LaSalle is not terrible. Bench lost the lead but starters have played pretty well and George looks great. For me there’s plenty to be encouraged about from this game so far.
There's a loud, miserably wrong minority on this board that thinks that just because a school isn't a name brand, they are trash. Lasalle is a solid team, with a solid coach in Dunphy. Offensively, this has been a solid performance so far. Defensively, it's a mixed bag. Lots of flashes of defensive cohesion, but a couple of late half mental lapses. It's almost like L is experimenting with lineups, to find one that gives him both offensive efficiency and defensive intensity. The issue is that some of the better offensive players(Pack) are also some of the worst defenders. George continues to develop before our eyes, and I wouldn't be shocked if he found his way permanently into the lineup soon. I can't justify Bens and Pack starting together, you are at too big of a disadvantage in regards to size. Give me Bens off the bench as the first guy, the guy that manages the second unit and is your lockdown on ball defender late in games.

Advertisement
Wooga back, looks fine. May be one of those "Quick turns, but scares the player" situations. I've been there. You sit down for a second, get some ice on it, get your ankle retaped and you're fine.

You can see why Coach L is so frustrated.

They keep reverting to bad habits.

3 TO’s in the first half and 3 TO’s in the first 3 minutes of the second half.

Advertisement
Omier looks hung over. I dnt see the crazy hustle from last year.

This is about the point in the game where La Salle was only down about 10 to Duke and then just went cold and lost by 25-30.

Hopefully we can push this back into the 20’s shortly.

Okay, we've reached the doldrums of a relatively comfortable game. Time to get a TO, get George in there, and let's unsloppify ourselves.

This is about the point in the game where La Salle was only down about 10 to Duke and then just went cold and lost by 25-30.

Hopefully we can push this back into the 20’s shortly.
Unfortunately, for us its the point where the Ugly Canes play show up and the lead is soon under 10. But good thought.

Advertisement
You can see why Coach L is so frustrated.

They keep reverting to bad habits.

3 TO’s in the first half and 3 TO’s in the first 3 minutes of the second half.
Ya I'm starting to get concerned with this team because it's been the same issues over and over again...not sure they are as good as I thought they were

Advertisement
Ya I'm starting to get concerned with this team because it's been the same issues over and over again...not sure they are as good as I thought they were

6 turnovers in 8.5 minutes. The good thing is the issues are fixable. The bad thing is the players are not staying focused.

He’s trying to do too much highlight making. I think he’s still hustling he’s just channeling his energy the wrong way.
I almost feel like he’s too focused on improving elements of his game he was weak on or that nba scouts said to work on, but instead has made him uncomfortable and not dominating the things he was strong at.

Advertisement
There's some quality looks that aren't falling. Someone has to get to the rack and get the game going with a quality layup. Wooga must have heard me.

Advertisement
Back