Sark to Falcons as OC

Why in the world would Chip Freakin Kelly take a job as a COLLEGE OC?

because he could not get one as an NFL OC? And let's face it...Alabama assistants get paid like College HCs elsewhere and he can sit tight and wait for the right college gig to open up?

I am sure he made good money at Oregon and probably a lot of money in the NFL. For coaches they still get paid by the organization that fired them unless they take a new position. So being an OC at Alabama would have to pay more than what he would make in his old NFL HC contract. If he wanted to wait for a college job he can sit tight on the NFL contract money and at the same time doesn't have to answer to anybody.

all that is certainly possible. I don't claim to know what is on his contract. I do know he was passed over by a coach with a checkered history and minimal NFL experience for a spot on a team that just played in the super bowl. That must have hurt. I think Chip's NFL days are over and he will go back to college at some point. He may even have to prove himself again before another HC gig at either college or pro level comes at him.

Advertisement
"Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation."

Coker? He'll run the stretch until Saban and 'Bama fans are blue in the face. Play action, rinse repeat.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Saban is not handing his offense over to James Coley.

He may try to steal Nussmeier back from Florida.

Watch out for Matt Lubick.

May be tough. Nobody likes working for Saban.

2 million reasons.

Why in the world would Chip Freakin Kelly take a job as a COLLEGE OC?

LOL. Chip Kelly could sit it out this year, and then next year be the #1 target of **** near every single College AD that's looking for a new head coach. If Auburn fires Gus Malzahn after the 2017 season, I can guarantee you that the Auburn fanbase would be campaigning outside of the AD's home to make a run at Kelly. Again, no way this guy is going to be a college OC at this point in his career. ****, we better hope the gaytors don't fire McElwain next year and hire his ***.

Man Chip Kelly not going to Alabama, regardless of the pay!!! His personality and Saban personality would clash so hard and fast. Alpha Males who have been former HC don't sit well with Saban.

Advertisement
"Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation."

Might explain why Locksley was hired as Co-OC, without a position group.

I think Saban hires the Reeves guy who just resigned from Oregon for getting the DUI. He was at South Florida, so he'd have some recruiting connections and could fit nicely as Bama's TE coach ...

Wonder if this move was expected. I hope it caught Saban with his pants down.

Saban is the best imitation of Butch Davis when it comes to recruiting(bag man or not). How good a coach does he need to just hang on until one of the 40 NFL players make the game winning play? Granted, Butch's guy were not mere NFL but All Pro, but Saban is the only comparable out there right now. He is going to be fine.

Not seeing how Chip Kelly could get along with Nick Saban for more than five minutes.

Kelly aint about to be told what to do by anybody and Nick aint about to let anyone else run the show.

Advertisement

Fake news by the lamestream media designed to convince the country that Lil Nicky is NEVER caught off guard and is always 3 steps ahead.

Advertisement
Saban wants a whipping boy who doesn't try to get to creative with offense. I'm 99% positive Nick would be happy with just handing the ball off every single play out of the I formation.

Advertisement
Back